• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2017 at 3:39 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Sink is one of those super low print indies that was hyped up, priced up, shilled up, whatever you wanna call it the first week it came out and crashed back down to Earth soon after.

Personally, I love the book. It's sick and twisted if you like random violence / serial killer type stuff (I do).

Only problems are that it's a mini and it's from Comix Tribe and nothing from them ever comes out as scheduled

On 12/2/2017 at 10:30 AM, MrWeen said:

A first appearance happens when a character debuts.  That can be in one panel or many.  TT 12 sells for more because of the cover but actually appeared first in The Casting ( in shadow )

It's not that cut and dry.  Sure he is on the cover of TT #12 but he is also on the cover of Green Arrow #32. It's because the Batman who laughs appears through out the whole storyline of TT #12 that makes it the more relevant appearance.  Any who, avid collectors will pick up all the issues where he appears whether briefly or pervasively so superlatives are futile.

Batman who Laughs set.jpg

17 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

Sink is one of those super low print indies that was hyped up, priced up, shilled up, whatever you wanna call it the first week it came out and crashed back down to Earth soon after.

Personally, I love the book. It's sick and twisted if you like random violence / serial killer type stuff (I do).

Only problems are that it's a mini and it's from Comix Tribe and nothing from them ever comes out as scheduled

Issue 3 of Sink came out this week, I think I may go back and pick it up.

4 hours ago, kairos70 said:

It's not that cut and dry.  Sure he is on the cover of TT #12 but he is also on the cover of Green Arrow #32. It's because the Batman who laughs appears through out the whole storyline of TT #12 that makes it the more relevant appearance.  Any who, avid collectors will pick up all the issues where he appears whether briefly or pervasively so superlatives are futile.

Batman who Laughs set.jpg

These are all very good books to have imo.....smart.

3 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Anyone else notice that he looks like the Crooked Man?  That jpg is from the Conjuring 2

The-Conjuring-2-The-Crooked-Man.jpg

There was a previous posting of how he also looks like an animation of Sauron (LOFTR) from a few years back as well as several other "look alike" characters.  I guess the difference is that this one appears to be sticking so far...

10 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

There was a previous posting of how he also looks like an animation of Sauron (LOFTR) from a few years back as well as several other "look alike" characters.  I guess the difference is that this one appears to be sticking so far...

I didn't see that.  I wonder why resembles so many different characters?

It was a great post---I think in this same grouping, perhaps 10 days - 2 weeks ago.  Good question....I have no earthly idea.  It seems to me that Capullo and Snyder were betting big on this character as he is never shown in the Metal promotional posters or material.  So far, readers/fans are really enamoured with this character---I think the chained and creepy Robins sell it even more....

On 12/23/2017 at 8:43 PM, Lucky Baru said:

Anyone else notice that he looks like the Crooked Man?  That jpg is from the Conjuring 2

The-Conjuring-2-The-Crooked-Man.jpg

Crooked Man spinoff movie coming. Oh hell yeah!

https://geektyrant.com/news/james-wan-says-the-crooked-man-film-will-be-a-dark-whimsical-fairytale-and-hes-not-rushing-the-conjuring-3