• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Nothing huge but heating up nonetheless.  Hellboy: Krampusnacht Hughes Sketch cover.  Looks like about double cover is the going rate; maybe a bit more or less depending on seller.  Could be one to watch in the next few weeks??

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=hellboy+krampusnacht&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=hellboy+krampusnacht+hughes+sketch&_sacat=63

3 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Nothing huge but heating up nonetheless.  Hellboy: Krampusnacht Hughes Sketch cover.  Looks like about double cover is the going rate; maybe a bit more or less depending on seller.  Could be one to watch in the next few weeks??

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=hellboy+krampusnacht&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=hellboy+krampusnacht+hughes+sketch&_sacat=63

I see more Mignola on this cover than Hughes.  I'm surprised it's selling for more than cover considering it's not a typical Hughes' GGA cover.

Bleeding Cool stated that X-men Grand Design #1 corner box variant would be delayed to some comic retailers due to a printing error. However, that some comic retailers would still release because they may not get email to hold on to comics until the new printing on December 27.  Notice that ebay has some going up due to this, not sure what the difference between the error printing and the corrected printing. 

57 minutes ago, comicshark said:

Bleeding Cool stated that X-men Grand Design #1 corner box variant would be delayed to some comic retailers due to a printing error. However, that some comic retailers would still release because they may not get email to hold on to comics until the new printing on December 27.  Notice that ebay has some going up due to this, not sure what the difference between the error printing and the corrected printing. 

I thought it was some stores got a delayed shipment.  Not an error.. 

This is the story from Bleeding Cool, I do see that one of the boxes overlap another, not sure if they reprinted because of this:

Marvel Comics Asks Retailers to Hold on to Ed Piskor’s Corner Box

Posted by Rich Johnston December 15, 2017 15 Comments

Marvel Comics has asked retailers not to sell one particular cover variant of X-Men: Grand Design #1 on its original sale date of December 20th, and instead keep it back until the 27th.

Due to a printer error, Marvel is having to reprint the Corner Box variant cover of the upcoming X-Men reworked comic by Ed Piskor. The one just made up out of corner box designs from the eighties. As a result, some stores are getting them, but some aren’t. So Marvel has asked for all retailers who do get this variant cover to hold it back a week until after Christmas so that everyone can catch up. Though they can sell the other covers X-Men: Grand Design #1 for the 20th.

Not complicated at all is it? What are the odds that most retailers will not notice or forget?

STL066401-600x911.jpg

X-MEN GRAND DESIGN #1
(W) Ed Piskor (A/CA) Ed Piskor
From Eisner award-winning creator Ed Piskor (Hip-Hop Family Tree) comes a thrilling new series chronicling all of X-Men history! X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN stitches together the most important moments in mutant history, creating a comprehensive narrative celebrating the X-Men’s past, present, and future. The first in a trilogy, GRAND DESIGN returns to Charles Xavier’s assembly of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Iceman, Angel, and Beast! A must for fans looking to brush up on their X-Men lore or as jumping-on point for Marvel’s merry mutants.
Rated T+In Shops: Dec 20, 2017

(Last Updated December 15, 2017 10:21 am )
SHARES

On 12/25/2017 at 2:57 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I think Valiant will eventually distribute the Ninjak book and the value will come down for that. But the DMG books should maintain decent prices

I wouldn't be surprised if Dinesh is sitting on them and slowly leaking them out.

Boy my hats off to some that speculated hard Dark Knights. I have sold the :censored: out of the tie ins and Foil editions, but
I didn't buy many because I thought the high print run was ensure prices wouldn't sky rocket. 

At least currently they are continuing upward. I just wonder when the high print run will equalize the price. Until then I 
continue to sell them very well with tie ins.

Edited by fastballspecial

I will admit that all the Metal success has kind of surprised me... I figured one or two of these would end up hot, but they're all selling extremely well. On the Suicide Squad, Nightwing, and Green Arrow tie ins, I have been picking up every copy of those I could find for cover or less. By far, the Nightwing book (both covers) have been the hardest to find.

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Boy my hats off to some that speculated hard Dark Knights. I have sold the :censored: out of the tie ins and Foil editions, but
I didn't buy many because I thought the high print run was ensure prices wouldn't sky rocket. 

At least currently they are continuing upward. I just wonder when the high print run will equalize the price. Until then I 
continue to sell them very well with tie ins.

glad to hear....did not buy any of this so good to hear are doing well with it.  I just TPB wait for now.  I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many comics in a small space right now...lol!

On 12/25/2017 at 2:57 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I think Valiant will eventually distribute the Ninjak book and the value will come down for that. But the DMG books should maintain decent prices

On 12/30/2017 at 9:30 AM, ygogolak said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dinesh is sitting on them and slowly leaking them out.

Looks like they are releasing the same cover this week, but it's not an incentive. The only difference is it doesn't have the NYCC logo on it.

This is a weird niche comic set:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Comics-Rare-Uncharted-Comic-Book-Set-1-2-3-4-5-6-MINT-CONDITION-PlayStation/192344947269?hash=item2cc8a6fa45:g:H4AAAOSwyXNZ8X2W

I sold a few sets a few years ago for $35-$50. Under the radaar book (when it came out) I fished a few sets of out of dollar boxes.  I am missing an issue or two for a full set and have a few dupes, so I'm not invested.

So Scout Comics Stabbity Bunny 1 is selling very well and has sold out.

This auction below though for the Vol 1 books is really
stunning considering there are so many bids from different buyers. They are very
difficult to find and were a Kickstarter comics so the print run is nothing. I spent a lot of time
tracking down some of these books they were tough to find. (So yeah I have some vestment.)

Stabbity Bunny 1-5 Vol

Edited by fastballspecial