• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

This former $1 dumpster diver was at my LCS for $20?  When did this stupidity start, or has it died down since the GOTG movie has come and gone ?

ff11.jpg

Not sure, but boy, would this make a great new thread!  Recently over-priced Drek to be avoided......or the highest priced drek you can find!  I would follow that thread!

7 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

I actually liked this Claremont/Larroca run.  I wouldn't call it 'Drek' as far as art or storylines go, (perhaps Drek in 'value').  To pay more than a couple bucks per issue is a head scratch. 

I agree.....and probably using drek was a poor choice.  I simply like the idea of examples of ridiculously over-priced non-key books.  We're all in comic stores and sometimes, there are a lot of 'head scratchers' masquerading as wall books.  Makes for some funny reading!

15 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

This former $1 dumpster diver was at my LCS for $20?  When did this stupidity start, or has it died down since the GOTG movie has come and gone ?

ff11.jpg

I sold a few at $10 right when she was announced. That character has three "first" appearances as she has three names/forms. They reside back in my $2 boxes now.

8 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
23 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

ff11.jpg

I sold a few at $10 right when she was announced. That character has three "first" appearances as she has three names/forms. They reside back in my $2 boxes now.

Same here I sold maybe 6 copies for $10-15 dollars after the announcement.

Amazing Spider-man 795 is picking up steam in a hurry. I haven't been buying the series lately but absolutely love Dale Keown doing the Hulk. This caused me to order 3 copies without knowing the story was going to feature this legendary villain combo. I've since paid a little extra to buy a couple more issues. Would be thrilled to see Spidey in Black vs Goblin/:wishluck:Carnage combo. 

11 minutes ago, the authority said:

Amazing Spider-man 795 is picking up steam in a hurry. I haven't been buying the series lately but absolutely love Dale Keown doing the Hulk. This caused me to order 3 copies without knowing the story was going to feature this legendary villain combo. I've since paid a little extra to buy a couple more issues. Would be thrilled to see Spidey in Black vs Goblin/:wishluck:Carnage combo. 

Is this issue truest worth getting or holding off to for the first appearance? 

6 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

I bet on Invincible Iron Man #9 because it was the the first RiRi on a cover in Iron Armor. The majority chose issue #7 which was her 1st appearance not in armor. 

Spoiler

...the first time Carnage and the Goblin merge is in this issue. People who missed it may try justify the next issue, or the next, or the next, lol...this is the first and it's a really cool combo imo. I'm not crazy Batjoker or Punish Rider ( though I love that story so far ) but this just makes sense. 

1 hour ago, the authority said:
1 hour ago, rogue14 said:

I bet on Invincible Iron Man #9 because it was the the first RiRi on a cover in Iron Armor. The majority chose issue #7 which was her 1st appearance not in armor. 

Hmmmm...good question.  I certainly don't think this issue will hurt anyone's collection, but I don't think it's a first appearance.  I don't want to spoil anyone's reading, so I'm not sure how to comment any further....

2 hours ago, the authority said:

I love Keown Hulk too..IMO he is the best Hulk artist. His stuff with Peter David on that title in the 90's was incredible. This particular cover isn't my favorite though. He's capable of much better.

22 minutes ago, Okeydoke said:

I love Keown Hulk too..IMO he is the best Hulk artist. His stuff with Peter David on that title in the 90's was incredible. This particular cover isn't my favorite though. He's capable of much better.

lol

I understand why it isn't your favorite. It isn't mine either but Keown's weaker covers are still better than most and...

...I guess its  because  of my distaste for rodents but I love thinking of opening the book. Page 2, rat goes splat... ? 

Here we go again with the drawn out first appearance?

ASM #794

Spoiler

(Norman Osborn obtains the Carnage symbiote on the last page.)

ASM #795

Spoiler

(Norman Osborn bonds with the Carnage symbiote on the last page to become the Red Goblin) 

ASM #796

Spoiler

(First full appearance of Norman Osborn as the Red Goblin)?