• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2018 at 8:35 AM, ygogolak said:

No, not nearly everyone has been in the Avengers. The single largest and most popular superhero team in comics.

Why do you think they have offshoots like New Avengers, Dark Avengers, Secret Avengers, etc... the later MK was in.

What, no love for his run in West Coast Avengers?

A notable omission from the list of the two characters' runs is the Black Panther epic in Marvel Comics Presents.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

What, no love for his run in West Coast Avengers?.

A notable omission from the list of the two characters' runs is the Black Panther epic in Marvel Comics Presents.

With this edit . . . and who even knows these exist? lol

Edited by divad

29 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

This isn't a site for pump and dump. There has been one pre-sale and they are still available from the retailer.

No P&D. Just an observation - noticed that 7 copies have sold within 24 hrs and many watchers on eBay.:sorry:

Slighting in defense, the A copy is sold out on Unknown comics. Strange because the virgin cover is still readily available along with the sets of both for 797-800. Usually, it seems the regular covers are the last ones to sell out.

In this case, I do kinda like the regular cover more than the virgin. I like how he did the title treatment.

5 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Slighting in defense, the A copy is sold out on Unknown comics. Strange because the virgin cover is still readily available along with the sets of both for 797-800. Usually, it seems the regular covers are the last ones to sell out.

In this case, I do kinda like the regular cover more than the virgin. I like how he did the title treatment.

Still over 1,000 cover A left, so....

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Still over 1,000 cover A left, so....

Where are you seeing it? On Unknown A says its sold out. Looks like its only available in the sets now and someone on eBay sold 10 of them for $50 each.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 4.49.23 PM.png

56 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Where are you seeing it? On Unknown A says its sold out. Looks like its only available in the sets now and someone on eBay sold 10 of them for $50 each.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 4.49.23 PM.png

Yes, in sets. That's how they are selling them. They probably only released a limited number individually. You can get one for $50+ on eBay or the set of 4 for $65.

Either way it's not sold out.

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, in sets. That's how they are selling them. They probably only released a limited number individually. You can get one for $50+ on eBay or the set of 4 for $65.

Either way it's not sold out.

Yeah, I think the point is that if you've purchased Cover A, it seems like right now you could flip it on eBay for probably double what you paid. If you buy the set, it LOOKS like you have to wait until the end of may to get it. So, I guess that qualifies as hot. I still find it odd that the virgin one isn't sold out. I guess they must have made more of those available or maybe the price being higher on it pushed people to just buying cover A.

Edited by kevhtx

Most of the ASM common covers and variants in this storyline are bringing or are going to bring 5 to 10 times cover. The Hulk variant for #795 is bringing over $30 the last few days. That's hot. Even the Ross cover is bringing around $15 to $20. This run looks like it's going to be hot from beginning to end. Issue #795 will likely be the smallest print of the run other than store variants.  Store variants are great. The old Ghost and Phantom variants were good sellers but most don't hold up as well as their counterparts for the most part especially if they are the second or third time a character, or mix of characters, are presented in print. 

55 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Yeah, I think the point is that if you've purchased Cover A, it seems like right now you could flip it on eBay for probably double what you paid. If you buy the set, it LOOKS like you have to wait until the end of may to get it. So, I guess that qualifies as hot. I still find it odd that the virgin one isn't sold out. I guess they must have made more of those available or maybe the price being higher on it pushed people to just buying cover A.

We need to stop promoting the pre-sale of these store variants. Especially when someone with 5 posts is bringing it up.

All of the virgin and second print store variants are having a very negative effect on the comic community and is not healthly. Maybe a little cleansing is what needs to happen. (shrug)

Edited by ygogolak

1 hour ago, the authority said:

Most of the ASM common covers and variants in this storyline are bringing or are going to bring 5 to 10 times cover. The Hulk variant for #795 is bringing over $30 the last few days. That's hot. Even the Ross cover is bringing around $15 to $20. This run looks like it's going to be hot from beginning to end. Issue #795 will likely be the smallest print of the run other than store variants.  Store variants are great. The old Ghost and Phantom variants were good sellers but most don't hold up as well as their counterparts for the most part especially if they are the second or third time a character, or mix of characters, are presented in print. 

I agree only 795 and 796 will be worth it overtime I think. The other issues unless you pre-ordering are going to sell really high and the print run will hurt those books in the back market. Even the early issues in the 790s are seeing appreciation now. 

Really the core issues are where you will see your good return. A couple of variants are really going to appreciate, but for the most part on these books the core issue is the best returnfor the smallest amount spent.

I am just amazed this book is really this hot. Its just a Carnage made villain. I guess mash ups for Marvel are just the way to go. I cant fault them as each time so far its been successful.

Edited by fastballspecial

58 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

We need to stop promoting the pre-sale of these store variants. Especially when someone with 5 posts is bringing it up.

All of the virgin and second print store variants are having a very negative effect on the comic community and is not healthly. Maybe a little cleansing is what needs to happen. (shrug)

While I understand your point, I think just highlighting those users and their intentions are enough. I think pointing out this book in a post was fine. Cover A being sold out and the only way to get it being buying all 4 where you have to wait until after all of them come out constitutes hot and it's modern. These ASM books are all hot and the store variants have been included in the discussion of "firsts" (Comicxposure Crain variant). I think it is fine to post them here unless there is a rule list somewhere that I missed.

11 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

While I understand your point, I think just highlighting those users and their intentions are enough. I think pointing out this book in a post was fine. Cover A being sold out and the only way to get it being buying all 4 where you have to wait until after all of them come out constitutes hot and it's modern. These ASM books are all hot and the store variants have been included in the discussion of "firsts" (Comicxposure Crain variant). I think it is fine to post them here unless there is a rule list somewhere that I missed.

Nope, no rule.

But, I will continue, as I have done before, to call out pre-sales. Books people do not have in hand.

How are those Metal #5 virgin pre-sales working out for everyone?

:roflmao: