• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

How are those Metal #5 virgin pre-sales working out for everyone?

I bought a few of the Mattina #5 Virgin variants, got them signed and graded, then sold them for about $550 each. I still have 2 more to sell.

(the non-virgin ones are selling between $150-200 for me)

Edited by kevhtx

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:
1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

While I understand your point, I think just highlighting those users and their intentions are enough. I think pointing out this book in a post was fine. Cover A being sold out and the only way to get it being buying all 4 where you have to wait until after all of them come out constitutes hot and it's modern. These ASM books are all hot and the store variants have been included in the discussion of "firsts" (Comicxposure Crain variant). I think it is fine to post them here unless there is a rule list somewhere that I missed.

Nope, no rule.

But, I will continue, as I have done before, to call out pre-sales. Books people do not have in hand.

How are those Metal #5 virgin pre-sales working out for everyone?

This problem exists on all sites. The tip off is usually a user with very little posts. Its not everytime, but quite a bit. If its posted in a speculation thread I am much more 
understanding, but don't post is in a thread when you have little or no sales to back up your suggestion. Its irresponsible.

Good with the bad I guess as new people enter the hobby.

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, kevhtx said:

I bought a few of the Mattina #5 Virgin variants, got them signed and graded, then sold them for about $550 each. I still have 2 more to sell.

(the non-virgin ones are selling between $150-200 for me)

:gossip: Not the Mattina's, the Dell 'Ottos.

Edited by ygogolak

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

:gossip: Not the Mattina's, the Dell 'Ottos.

Ah, you didn't specify which ones you were rolling on the floor laughing about. ;)

I'm not worried about those. I have a specific strategy on those as well. I usually never lose money on Dell'Otto. I'll break even worst case. Now the JSC books, that's another story and I don't buy those anymore. They take me too long to sell and the last few I have bought, I've lost a bit on them.

The Batman Who Laughs has been good to me though. I stocked up on a lot of his books and sitting on some.

20 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Ah, you didn't specify which ones you were rolling on the floor laughing about. ;)

I'm not worried about those. I have a specific strategy on those as well. I usually never lose money on Dell'Otto. I'll break even worst case. Now the JSC books, that's another story and I don't buy those anymore. They take me too long to sell and the last few I have bought, I've lost a bit on them.

The Batman Who Laughs has been good to me though. I stocked up on a lot of his books and sitting on some.

What I'm talking about is the practice of pre-selling advance sales. 

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

What I'm talking about is the practice of pre-selling advance sales. 

Yeah, I don't get into that. I like having a physical product to have a picture of to show before I sell. Maybe I'm old school. Seems too stressful to me.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:39 AM, ygogolak said:

We need to stop promoting the pre-sale of these store variants. Especially when someone with 5 posts is bringing it up.

All of the virgin and second print store variants are having a very negative effect on the comic community and is not healthly. Maybe a little cleansing is what needs to happen. (shrug)

Wow you guys are a tough audience. To set the records straight, there was no malicious intend behind my post. I was going to buy a set and after some digging noticed the eBay listing hence my post. 

On reflection I can appreciate how the post has perceived given its only my fifth post + lack of validation...but we all have to start somewhere. Glad my fifth post managed to get such a reaction. :blush:  I also noticed that Andy the original creator of this thread said 'Thanks an advance to all of the contributors' but guess the grass roots of this has been lost along the line. 

Edited by Superga
unnessary

1 hour ago, Superga said:

Wow you guys are a tough audience. To set the records straight, there was no malicious intend behind my post. I was going to buy a set and after some digging noticed the eBay listing hence my post. 

On reflection I can appreciate how the post has perceived given its only my fifth post + lack of validation...but we all have to start somewhere. Glad my fifth post managed to get such a reaction. :blush:  I also noticed that Andy the original creator of this thread said 'Thanks an advance to all of the contributors' but guess the grass roots of this has been lost along the line. 

On a final note, ygogolak - if I wanted to pump & dump I would not waste my time on the cgc chat boards doing this.

I'd easily enough get the real thing by dialing up your mother on my speed dial. ^^

WTTB!

1 hour ago, Superga said:

On a final note, ygogolak - if I wanted to pump & dump I would not waste my time on the cgc chat boards doing this.

I'd easily enough get the real thing by dialing up your mother on my speed dial

I feel like Deniro in Goodfellas, good for you superga

20 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I feel like Deniro in Goodfellas, good for you superga

If you wanted to pump and dump a book, you probably wouldn't do it on a chat forum with over 24,000 registered users. Right? Probably save that for those 600 member Facebook groups.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

If you wanted to pump and dump a book, you probably wouldn't do it on a chat forum with over 24,000 registered users. Right? Probably save that for those 600 member Facebook groups.

For this specific product, those Facebook groups of clueless spec guys would probably actually be your best bet. Too many smarter collectors to bite on that trash here.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, Superga said:
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, ygogolak said:

We need to stop promoting the pre-sale of these store variants. Especially when someone with 5 posts is bringing it up.

All of the virgin and second print store variants are having a very negative effect on the comic community and is not healthly. Maybe a little cleansing is what needs to happen. (shrug)

If you would have stopped here you would have been fine. You acknowledge how the post looks which is true.  The rest just shows your lack of maturity and civility. Sadly once you start this way later when you try to sell here no one will buy.(Because there are deep pockets here.)

People remember.

Edited by fastballspecial

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:43 AM, Superga said:
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, ygogolak said:

If you would have stopped here you would have been fine. You acknowledge how the post looks which is true.  The rest just shows your lack of maturity and civility. Sadly once you start this way later when you try to sell here no one will buy.(Because there are deep pockets here.)

People remember.

The North REMEMBERS.