• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Weapon h #1 crain variant price seems to be elevating on eBay..   The crain amazing spiderman 796 covers seem to be picking up steam also.. 

Of all the standard covers in this red goblin run, 795 is really taking off.. EBay sale price  over $30US today 

Edited by MGH

17 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Nice to see Astro City get some attention the past week as well from news on it.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Valiant with all the upheaval the last couple of months.

I hadn't heard about Astro City. Should be a good show, and lots of books with first appearances throughout all of the series and minis.

While I'm a little skeptical about Valiant's creative future in the short term, I have to figure that if DMG can't put together something successful with them, they'll at least try to recoup some of the investment by selling the IP to someone that can.

11 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Nice to see Astro City get some attention the past week as well from news on it.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Valiant with all the upheaval the last couple of months.

I hadn't heard about Astro City. Should be a good show, and lots of books with first appearances throughout all of the series and minis.

While I'm a little skeptical about Valiant's creative future in the short term, I have to figure that if DMG can't put together something successful with them, they'll at least try to recoup some of the investment by selling the IP to someone that can.

I view it as history repeating itself. The only thing Valiant has in the favor is the market is gobbling up properties currently.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

DMG is a disaster... how the heck did the owners lose their majority?  Did the story ever come out? 

45 minutes ago, snematbakhsh said:

Why is Thanos 13 regular cover popping off but the lenticular cover still selling for cover price?

Have you seen the cover! Its down right fugly! Also its the B cover, which generally gets little love, unless its stellar art which it most certainly isnt.

Personally, I think it's moronic that the lenticular pulls less. 

One of my shop friends pointed out something to me though.  He used Walking Dead 100 as an example. 

Everyone wants the cover with Negan on it, but nooooo one wants the Silvestri #100.  

Still pretty dumb, but I get it. 

Patrick 

13 hours ago, Avi said:

Have you seen the cover! Its down right fugly! Also its the B cover, which generally gets little love, unless its stellar art which it most certainly isnt.

Yeah, the lenti cover is terrible, but the regular cover is lame also. Half of the drawing is taken up by... a chair.

Now to make a fortune buying up all the lenti cover 13s, trashing the cover, and selling them as "coverless 13A".

1 hour ago, rckstr1253 said:

So why is the thanos 13 variant selling for $800 +?  I know its the first appearance of the future ghost rider, but surely this book will come back down to earth in a dew months....right?

Incentive variants usually do well in the short run, along with being a first appearance, cool art and general new comic fan hype all help the price

15 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Its not a book that has any outlook long term in my opinion. Short term its a monster and will continue to be.

^this is my feeling as well. All the current "hot" variants dont seem to have staying potential.

Edited by Avi

52 minutes ago, Avi said:

Incentive variants usually do well in the short run, along with being a first appearance, cool art and general new comic fan hype all help the price

^this is my feeling as well. All the current "hot" variants dont seem to have staying potential.

If you're talking Marvel, sure. If the Valiant movies bring comic readers to the line, the already pricey variants will only go higher because there are so few of them out there.

2 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
56 minutes ago, Avi said:

If you're talking Marvel, sure. If the Valiant movies bring comic readers to the line, the already pricey variants will only go higher because there are so few of them out there.

That's a "Big Monster" If

18 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

That's a "Big Monster" If

I would say that the "if" is smaller now than it was a couple months ago, now that Vin Diesel is signed. You add even a few thousand readers and 500 collectors of variants and that means a lot for the Valiant secondary market. While people are looking at Amazing Spider-man 798, Valiants are the books that aren't on their radar. Yet.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I would say that the "if" is smaller now than it was a couple months ago, now that Vin Diesel is signed. You add even a few thousand readers and 500 collectors of variants and that means a lot for the Valiant secondary market. While people are looking at Amazing Spider-man 798, Valiants are the books that aren't on their radar. Yet.

Na, let me list a couple properties that did well for the most part in the market and then look at how the comics performed. Only the Big 2 last at this point.

Dark Matter (3 seasons *now cancelled, thanks ComicCollectorMatt)

Wynonna Earp (2 seasons)

The Strain (4 seasons, now tied to an Academy Award winner, too late?)

Happy (renewed for 2nd season with B list star)

Kick A**(2 major movies with A list actors)

Secret Service (2 major movies and going)

Hard pressed to get $50 for the first of all of those. Meanwhile the rumor of Nomad appearing brings $50 easy.

Edited by ygogolak

13 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Na, let me list a couple properties that did well for the most part in the market and then look at how the comics performed. Only the Big 2 last at this point.

Dark Matter (3 seasons and going)

Wynonna Earp (2 seasons)

The Strain (4 seasons, now tied to an Academy Award winner, too late?)

Happy (renewed for 2nd season with B list star)

Kick A**(2 major movies with A list actors)

Secret Service (2 major movies and going)

Hard pressed to get $50 for the first of all of those. Meanwhile the rumor of Nomad appearing brings $50 easy.

Dark Matter was cancelled after season 3.