• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Avenging Spider-Man 9 is really heating up again the past few days

Shhh keep that on the down low...

oh wait I just bought one let’s talk :) got 9.6-9.8 for 6 dollars more than someone (tons of bids) paid for a 9.4....and yes I bought the hype and I believe it’s only going to go up up and away

4 hours ago, jason4 said:

oh wait I just bought one let’s talk :) got 9.6-9.8 for 6 dollars more than someone (tons of bids) paid for a 9.4....and yes I bought the hype and I believe it’s only going to go up up and away

I made a thread a couple of weeks ago about the book and pretty much whether it's a hold or flip now. Only got one response, but seeing the slow, deliberate growth of this one has convinced me it's a hold. I'm glad I had faith in this one a couple of years ago. 

Also, so very glad that my hoarding of every cheap X Force 116 mayn't have been for nothing. 

4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

In the action thread, but the Action 1000 Jim Lee Tour has reached 170 now.  Lots of BIN on ebay for 200.

A Nicola Scott cover sold  for over $200..  A few more for over $100

Deathmate Red is starting to heat up due to the Bloodshot movie, out of the nickle bin and into the dollar bin. With new interest in Youngblood, it's not a stretch to think a Deathmate Red movie may be launched if Bloodshot is successful?

1 minute ago, Coolio McCool said:

Deathmate Red is starting to heat up due to the Bloodshot movie, out of the nickle bin and into the dollar bin. With new interest in Youngblood, it's not a stretch to think a Deathmate Red movie may be launched if Bloodshot is successful?

How do you define heating up?  I don't see one sale on E-Bay over the last week.

4 minutes ago, Coolio McCool said:

There is absolutely nothing of significance to Bloodshot in the Valiant/Image Deathmate crossover.

13 minutes ago, Coolio McCool said:

Ebay

It's not. If anything, Deathmate Black is heating up.

Edited by ComicCollectorMatt

Rai 0 seems to be heating up considering the number of copies that have sold this week for pretty good prices.  Looks like a great BIN book since the auction results are pitiful.

21 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Rai 0 seems to be heating up considering the number of copies that have sold this week for pretty good prices.  Looks like a great BIN book since the auction results are pitiful.

It's nice to see the "matte" version sell, usually it was just the glossy.

18 hours ago, jason4 said:

Full disclosure I own a copy that I was lucky enough to get for less than cover price when it was a recent back issue about 5 years ago. It got a 9.8 :smile: I've been watching it ever since and have no intention on selling. I also believe it will keep going up and up

5 hours ago, Coolio McCool said:

Already commented on this, but have to again. This is such an incredibly ridiculous statement. There are plenty of Bloodshot storylines to keep Hollywood busy until we're all dead and buried before even thinking about Deathmate. And considering different parties own the rights to the characters, working that out would be a nightmare. For a story that is pretty much universally considered sub-par.

Deathmate Black (and the Gold version) is pretty much the only of those books of significance, for the first appearance of Gen 13. And *maybe* the gold books, for the completist collector, but even those can be had for like $5 if you're patient. far too many of these books out there.

23 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Avenging Spider-Man 9 is really heating up again the past few days

For those that believe in preview 1st appearances, any thoughts on Avenging Spider-man 8?

7 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Already commented on this, but have to again. This is such an incredibly ridiculous statement. There are plenty of Bloodshot storylines to keep Hollywood busy until we're all dead and buried before even thinking about Deathmate. And considering different parties own the rights to the characters, working that out would be a nightmare. For a story that is pretty much universally considered sub-par.

Deathmate Black (and the Gold version) is pretty much the only of those books of significance, for the first appearance of Gen 13. And *maybe* the gold books, for the completist collector, but even those can be had for like $5 if you're patient. far too many of these books out there.

All of the copies in the bin at my local comic store were gone overnight, so take that for what it's worth. I did read the comic a while ago, I recall the story was decent, but ended abruptly. Maybe a Deathmate sequel is in the works, I dunno. Or maybe someone just blew $15 for a bunch of worthless comics.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

:gossip: Summer of Spider-Man Sampler

^^   Now I just can't remember where I put the 50 or so copies I have in a long box.  Time to start searching.  In all seriousness though, I recall this issue having the story from Avenging Spider-Man #9 before it was released.