• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2018 at 10:26 AM, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Ebay

It's not. If anything, Deathmate Black is heating up.

Gosh, if that ever actually proved to be true, would my ship ever be coming in!

Just found all my copies of "Summer of Spider-Man" sampler.  

This book was released prior to Avenging Spider-Man #9 and actually does have the 1st appearance of the New Captain Marvel on the cover and in 5 story pages.

Edited by Red_Hood
To get the facts straight, no fake news!

On 5/3/2018 at 2:02 AM, wikked said:

So with all the Avenging Spider-Man 9 hype... what effect is this going to have on Marvel Super-Heroes 13?

someone on the boards is trying to sell a cgc copy of MSH 13 for $200 over GPA if that is an indication.

10 hours ago, Pirate said:

someone on the boards is trying to sell a cgc copy of MSH 13 for $200 over GPA if that is an indication.

I think MSH 13 is a great long-term play. Captain Marvel has the chance to be Marvel's Wonder Woman (i.e. premiere female super-heroine). I started looking for copies a few years back and had my eye on a nice 9.0 auction that unfortunately ended a couple days after they announced the movie, and skyrocketed out of my range then. (On the bright side, I did snag a Captain Marvel 17 2nd print with Kamala Khan for $4 while looking for appearances, so there's that.) 

Captain Marvel is the MCU Phase 4's Captain America. Pretty obvious she will be the one to take down Thanos in Avengers 4 and be the alpha character going forward.

I would say MSH 13 is a pretty safe bet right now to at worst hold it's value and most likely grind higher.

I have a 9.8 Captain Marvel #1 (2012) McGuiness cover that I got signed by Roy Thomas and Ed McGuiness a couple years ago. I had it in a pile of comics I didn't think were really worth much. I assume its worth something now. I saw a 9.6 of that same cover go for $100.

2 minutes ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

It's amazing what a post-credit scene can do.....

Can you imagine how much hotter it would be if they did even just a mediocre one instead of the shi tty one they had at the end of the film?

ASM Planet of the Symbiotes sales were surprising to me. I do not know if they are up or down, just a surprise to me. I sold a Part 3 for about $15 shipped and have a Part 1 set at a high but not cray-cray BIN of $30 + s/h.

One comic that is hot is Betty and Veronica 261 with the first appearance of Vampironica. Here's the one copy that has come up for sale on eBay lately:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Betty-and-Veronica-2012-261-Archie-Comic-Book/253580589447?hash=item3b0a94b987:g:dFQAAOSwdjha3qrH

Edited by Michael Browning

1 hour ago, Michael Browning said:

One comic that is hot is Betty and Veronica 261 with the first appearance of Vampironica. Here's the one copy that has come up for sale on eBay lately:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Betty-and-Veronica-2012-261-Archie-Comic-Book/253580589447?hash=item3b0a94b987:g:dFQAAOSwdjha3qrH

:gossip: First G-rated appearance. :grin:

Edited by divad

3 hours ago, divad said:
5 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

:gossip: First G-rated appearance. :grin:

Or first Veronica Lodge as Vampironica.