• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bird said:
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, Bird said:

ASM Planet of the Symbiotes sales were surprising to me. I do not know if they are up or down, just a surprise to me. I sold a Part 3 for about $15 shipped and have a Part 1 set at a high but not cray-cray BIN of $30 + s/h.

Loathe to quote my own post but...I just accepted $25 shipped for Part 1 of planet of the symbiotes. (I just spotted another symbiotes issue from this to list as well.)

The Venom movie has really highlighted this books, but the price is down on some. I was getting $20+ for Venom super specials now the price has come down a little bit.

True NM or higher on the ASM book is tough really tough.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 5/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, Michael Browning said:

I've got one copy of each, but I'm not selling because I own the original cover art to #261, which I just happened to buy from Dan because I thought it was a really cool cover way back when this was released digitally.

vampironica.jpg

Oh I have to have this!  I wouldn't mind buying all 3 off you if you ever decided to sell.  

16 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Huh, did you read the post?

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well that is a shame.... I thought Mattina was just heating up like Dell Otto, I mean I like this cover just like I enjoyed Wolverine: the best there is #1 variant.

There's another one of those that has been selling well for a while now.

Thanks for the recap.

Ms. Marvel is heating up because Fiege said they are working up something for the MCU.

She can carry a title, just not big Marvel numbers. I think Marvel needs to shrink down their expectations and not cancel series that don't sell 40k +. They simply have too many titles and this the writing and art suffers. Her series was pretty good and so is All-New Wolverine minus one arc.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Captain Marvel issues including Ms Marvel 1, X-Men 164, CM 1 (2014) and MSH 13 are all solid investments for quite awhile.

Not Modern, but Captain Marvel (1st series) 18 (Carol Danvers gets her powers) also seeing some decent results recently.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Thanks for the recap.

Ms. Marvel is heating up because Fiege said they are working up something for the MCU.

She can carry a title, just not big Marvel numbers. I think Marvel needs to shrink down their expectations and not cancel series that don't sell 40k +. They simply have too many titles and this the writing and art suffers. Her series was pretty good and so is All-New Wolverine minus one arc.

Her books are moving right now. CM17 2nd sold 6-8 graded copies in last 24 hrs, I sold mine to earlyO.o

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Thanks for the recap.

Yes he mentioned her and it has renewed speculator interest, but not readership. This is what I find interesting. Can you make a character popular from movies with no built in 
fan base? I think its do-able, but a lot of things have to fall in place right to make that work.

Her sales on her own title though are really bad. Readership hasn't taken to her just like other characters Marvel pushed on readership. Issue 29 had a print run of 13,500 copies and 
the title is losing around 4-500 copies every month. If they just would have kept her on a co-star on some popular book for a year or two and then launched here it would have been
more successful.

7 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes he mentioned her and it has renewed speculator interest, but not readership. This is what I find interesting. Can you make a character popular from movies with no built in 
fan base? I think its do-able, but a lot of things have to fall in place right to make that work.

Her sales on her own title though are really bad. Readership hasn't taken to her just like other characters Marvel pushed on readership. Issue 29 had a print run of 13,500 copies and 
the title is losing around 4-500 copies every month. If they just would have kept her on a co-star on some popular book for a year or two and then launched here it would have been
more successful.

Most marvel titles are in the dumps , unless they have a gimmick. Mrs marvel sells a lot of trade paperbacks. I think she will be great. Who knows for sure.

21 hours ago, fastballspecial said:
Spoiler

So I have finally have a little time. Some below are my sales in multiples, but I will point a few other books doing well.

Infinity War is a no brainer selling for $40-60 per set with some auction sets going up to $100 on bidding wars.

Cosmic Power Unlimited  Sets - Ive sold 3 sets at $30-35 a pop. Its multiple stories, but one does indeed involve CM and the reality stone.

Spider-man Super Specials - I sell them all in sets for $60-80 and singles $10-20 depending on grade.

Eternals - Many of the 1st issues from the 70s are selling very very well currently. These books are worth picking up now
as you will pay a lot more later.

Captain Marvel 1 2014 is approaching $40 in NM. Even 2nd prints are doing well as well.

Thanos across the board is selling well - Infinity Sets, Thanos Quest any print, Gaunlet all of them are selling well.
Avengers 257 is moving again easily as well. 

Thor Annual 11 - Easy $20 book in high grade or higher

Recent Shattered Variants are doing well especially Hulk 181 and ASM 300 look for this trend to continue until buyers tire out.

Venom vs Carnage 2 - is a very hot book currently sells over $50 in raw. Sets are now over $80-100.

MSH 13 Man I wish I kept my copies this book is a monster currently. VG copies are $200 and that the low end.

Silver Surfer 44 - Almost $100 book in raw now. floating around $65-80.

CM 17 2nd print is starting to see attention again due the new Ms Marvel getting a push. Too rich for my blood I will chase
the Marvel Now appearance instead which is dirt cheap in comparison. The 1st print of CM 17 is also selling well currently
and offers a cheaper alternative as well. I still urge caution here because she couldn't carry her own title by herself
She isn't the next X-23 yet....

Stan Lee Meets I continue to both buy and sell these as much as I can. Anytime copy I see cheap I buy. 

CM 13 Variant sells very well seems difficult to find as well.

Early Invincible issues from 1-13 selling very very well for me. 

X-Men 205 is slowly still appreciating I should have held my copies longer. 

All New Wolverine 2 doing well 1st and 2nd prints as well as the variant.

Some future thoughts
ASM 798 is either going to a be a big hit or bust depending on ASM 800.

Captain Marvel issues including Ms Marvel 1, X-Men 164, CM 1 (2014) and MSH 13 are all solid investments for quite awhile.

Online stores seem to sprout up everywhere now. Remember if you aren't buying for your collection & you are hoping someone
else is dumb enough to pay more for their books rethink it. Its an endless cycle the little guy doesn't win with. At least
the spec sites have finally realized you cant advertise these books on your site and then hype them as a hot book and 
maintain any sort of credibility. 

Remember to buy what you like not what you think you can flip later. Nothing wrong with flipping/speculation,
but in the current market you need to be cheap to win at speculation. Nobody talks about their losses and trust
there are some big losses.

Lord the Facebook auction sites. Oh the horror. I struggle to find one I think that has any idea of decent pricing
and grading. I don't mind paying market price for a book I want. Someone was trying to sell an ASM 358 raw
last week for $20 and calling it a bargain. Use caution here buy cheap first to make sure they can grade
and pack. Many can't just saying....

Holy moley when did CM14 become a $100+ raw for <NM book?! :whatthe:

Edited by jcjames

Wow at CM 14 just blowing the hell up. Wish I had bought more copies when it was cheaper... but at least ANMNPO 1 is climbing, finally. That has been such an undervalued book. Ms. Marvel #1 with Kamala should really shoot up, too, as it has been a solid $40-$50 NM book for a while now. 1st print of CM 17 seems to be around the same, though, unless I'm missing something.

Now, if they could decide to do something big with Kate Bishop, I'll be set.