• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Just now, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Harbinger 3 is officially on fire sales wise (not dollar wise yet) as almost 30 have sold today as I type this.

Thoughts, @valiantman?

Is that Harbinger #3 from 2012?  That's the first appearance of (the new) Livewire, who is a big deal in the current Valiant universe.

I was Responding to @Hey Kids, Comics! that the 30 Sold probably because AX was announced as the Villain today in the New Bloodshot Movie with Vin Diesel.  My Local Shop called me asking about why so many people want Harbinger 3 today.  That was at about 9 am CDT.  I didn't think to check ebay, not usually my Go to place unless I buy graded.   Also and this is PURE SPECULATION but I think Beside the Obvious RAI 0 and Now Harbinger 3.  The Chromium Bloodshot 1 I think is a Good Purchase at $5-10.  I know I bought mine way back in the 1990s because Shiny Things are attractive. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Jaydee

OK - that makes sense.  I haven't seen the announcement yet.

Ax in the original 1992 series was definitely a villain.  The new Ax (written as @x) is more of a hero, but the storyline for the Bloodshot movie is probably Bloodshot (programmed to fight) against the Harbinger heroes, so as far as Bloodshot is concerned, Ax would appear to be a villain.

2 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Key Collector Comics app had the exclusive and since they are sponsored (or somehow affiliated with) by Valiant, I'd give Nick some credibility. 

That explains it... interesting! I haven't seen news "exclusive to an app" before. 

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, Cosmos56 said:

Anyone know why Isola is heating up?

Word of mouth. Great read limited distribution. In other words how comics are supposed to appreciate.

Spec sites aren't pushing it because they don't have any vested interested? Just a guess.

Edited by fastballspecial

9 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Word of mouth. Great read limited distribution. In other words how comics are supposed to appreciate.

Spec sites aren't pushing it because they don't have any vested interested? Just a guess.

Agreed.  Lots of potential with this series... reminds me of a Miyazaki film.  Lots of mystery.  I just hope the break after issue 5 won't kill the series like Seven to Eternity. 

On 6/5/2018 at 9:15 PM, Cosmos56 said:

Anyone know why Isola is heating up?

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

12 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Agreed.  Lots of potential with this series... reminds me of a Miyazaki film.  Lots of mystery.  I just hope the break after issue 5 won't kill the series like Seven to Eternity. 

It's the next Saga.

:jokealert:

12 hours ago, ygogolak said:

It's the next Saga.

:jokealert:

You got me. That is the proper spacing for the "it's a joke" lol 

I like it but when I read it's the next Saga", I thought I must have missed something hahaha

So, I sold one copy of Hungry Ghosts 1 (a 5-month old comic with probably little longterm value now) for $24 and another active auction at over $10, but my 21-issue lot of G.I. Joe that includes issue 2 and Snake Eyes's origin sits at less than $10. The comics market is non-sensical.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps