• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The comics market is non-sensical.

I definitely agree with this point for many other reasons, but your example is very poor.

The market has been largely driven by attention trends for years now. The best example is TWD, which has had prices and sales fluctuate for years based (basically) on whether the show's season is running or not.

Hungry Ghosts is obviously currently benefiting from special attention, while there is no unusual focus on G.I. Joe.

15 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I definitely agree with this point for many other reasons, but your example is very poor.

The market has been largely driven by attention trends for years now. The best example is TWD, which has had prices and sales fluctuate for years based (basically) on whether the show's season is running or not.

Hungry Ghosts is obviously currently benefiting from special attention, while there is no unusual focus on G.I. Joe.

There was a Snake Eyes movie announced a month ago. That's why it's odd it's NOT selling.

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

There was a Snake Eyes movie announced a month ago. That's why it's odd it's NOT selling.

Really? Okay, I guess that's different.

I don't follow movie news that closely and don't care about G.I. Joe, but I hadn't seen or heard anything about that.

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Precisely why I decided to sell those now. I have no interest on holding onto my GI Joe books. Sold a lot of 21 books that included the origin in 26–27, two copies of #2 (first and second prints), a bunch of newsstands, and McFarlane's issue, for $10 plus shipping. To be fair the key issues weren't in top condition, but I think there's just not many people actively looking for them. 

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Maybe the bad taste for the previous ones still out there. Short of the movie coming out and being great, I bet it will take a good trailer, actor attachment or something that shows it could actually be good.

On 5/24/2018 at 12:06 PM, Avi said:

A LCS was selling the Batgirl 23 for $20 a piece yesterday! 

That got me wondering, Ive heard there are rules that prevent a store from selling comics early to customers are theres rules on pricing new comic (ie not ratio variants)?

I was lucky to get one at cover price. I just liked the cover had no idea it would blow up. Still pretty hot. The aquaman jabberjaw #1 middleton variant was hot ($10-15) when it came out, but has cooled down a bit.

51 minutes ago, ninjarobert said:

Curious to know this too. I got a virgin variant dell otto-- my favorite one. Want the moebius one too, but hoping price comes down a bit more.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:55 PM, Wolverinex said:

What was it originally on? 

On 5/31/2018 at 3:14 PM, ygogolak said:

Someone on here mentioned it when this variant cover came out. Found this link. Pretty cool.

https://taint-the-meat.com/2015/11/08/moebius-marvel-prints/

The Moebius covers were more posters than they were prints.

If you like the ASM 800 cover I would suggest seeking out the Spider-Man #12 Panini cover. It is the same cover except without the ugly purple border

https://www.comics-zone.com/panini-mag/17597-spider-man-n-12-variant-moebius-9782809472066.html.

1 hour ago, 1240239235 said:

The Moebius covers were more posters than they were prints.

If you like the ASM 800 cover I would suggest seeking out the Spider-Man #12 Panini cover. It is the same cover except without the ugly purple border

https://www.comics-zone.com/panini-mag/17597-spider-man-n-12-variant-moebius-9782809472066.html.

Why is Spider-Man blacked out? Loses a lot of the appeal.

57 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Why is Spider-Man blacked out? Loses a lot of the appeal.

Its darker than the Marvel one but the image I posted doesn't do the cover justice. It looks more like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-800-Moebius-Virgin-Euro-Variant-Panini-French-Ed-1-100-Cover/391998557341?hash=item5b44ef4c9d:g:M-YAAOSwrpta7dpf

12 minutes ago, the authority said:

CBSI Batgirl #23B Middleton variant sales

You have to love a cover priced variant that is in high demand for reasons other than being limited. Great long term pick and a very well done and informative article.

Good article!  I agree with you---I think the long term outlook on this book is very bright.  

I don't understand the love for this cover. It's...fine? But a little plain. Oh well, one less thing I have to worry about chasing.