• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Because spec sites are pumping it

I hadn't checked spec sites until today. Looks like raw copies were already moving though this weekend, Spiderverse was a pretty cool story arc. One of the last good ones I can recall the last couple of years. I mean we got Spider Punk out of it :headbang:

...Isn't this thread kind of a speculation/reporting topic? (shrug) Why not share here too for those of us that don't go on other sites.

7 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Amazing Spider-man 30 is finally heating up now too. First Morlun. Main villain for Silk during Spiderverse

See this one is true speculation. ASM 4 is easily understandable. Ezekiel and Morlun are not locks for the movie.
That being said I love Morlun and would love to see him, but that storyline would have to be tweaked a lot.

For those of us that have read it I cant see it working without a lot of changes.

16 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I hadn't checked spec sites until today. Looks like raw copies were already moving though this weekend, Spiderverse was a pretty cool story arc. One of the last good ones I can recall the last couple of years. I mean we got Spider Punk out of it :headbang:

...Isn't this thread kind of a speculation/reporting topic? (shrug) Why not share here too for those of us that don't go on other sites.

You're using logic, reason and facts from reading the actual comics to make a guess (speculation). According to some in the Moderns section you are "pump and dumping". God forbid you say you like something or that you have an opinion on something being undervalued.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

You're using logic, reason and facts from reading the actual comics to make a guess (speculation). According to some in the Moderns section you are "pump and dumping". God forbid you say you like something or that you have an opinion on something being undervalued.

Ill take Logic over Reason any day

Logic-Pro-X-Box.png

reson.jpg

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

If they using the whole mocking bird team up I'm going to be sad

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I can't help but laugh at what this many books flooding the market will do to the price of the book.  That and how many other issues are stores potentially sitting on that might never be worth more than bargain bin material.

If they try to sell them all at once they will be hurting themselves and hot books like these are very volatile, so they can be sol by the time they get them back.

3 minutes ago, cms1 said:

If they try to sell them all at once they will be hurting themselves and hot books like these are very volatile, so they can be sol by the time they get them back.

I hope they are selling 10-20 raw at $100 each as well.  I sold at $80 shipped and was happy as a clam. Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered and all that.

21 minutes ago, Bird said:

I hope they are selling 10-20 raw at $100 each as well.  I sold at $80 shipped and was happy as a clam. Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered and all that.

Yeah, if I were in that situation I would for sure be selling a few raw just to strike while the iron is hot.  There's no telling what could happen in a months time.

54 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Yeah, if I were in that situation I would for sure be selling a few raw just to strike while the iron is hot.  There's no telling what could happen in a months time.

At the current prices and deman they should go fast route and get their books back in a week and a half.  But they will probably get 99 9.6s and 1 9.8 so the market should be safe.

I'm always floored when people show stacks of books like that, especially the guys on ebay who claim that a book is rare and HTF, yadda yadda, but their listing says more than 10 available, and the asking prices support the claim...wtf

Each book behaves differently. You just have to play it by ear. 

When I listed mine a couple of days ago there were maybe 20 listings of the reg cover w prices starting at 60$. i sold them that night for 60 each 

and mind you, asm4 reg cover, is not a hard book to come by.. it was a 5-10 book up till last week. 

In comparison, a book like omegamen #3, I couldn't move one copy for 60$, even when they first announced the movie. And to me, that's a much bigger key than asm4 will ever be 

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Each book behaves differently. You just have to play it by ear. 

When I listed mine a couple of days ago there were maybe 20 listings of the reg cover w prices starting at 60$. i sold them that night for 60 each 

and mind you, asm4 reg cover, is not a hard book to come by.. it was a 5-10 book up till last week. 

In comparison, a book like omegamen #3, I couldn't move one copy for 60$, even when they first announced the movie. And to me, that's a much bigger key than asm4 will ever be 

I'm surprised that Omega Men 3 is going for it's current rate.  But I missed the whole movie news.  

Lobo 63 and 64 are doing really well.  Bought a copy of each in 9.8 condition for $2 about 2 months ago.  

Patrick 

A couple of winners hit the shelves today.

Ms Marvel #31 Hans variant with 1st Skunk Girl 

this book is selling for anywhere from $14 to $20 shipped. The other is 

Venom #3

The regular cover is about $12 shipped.  The is a 1:25 cover that is bringing in the $75 or so ballpark. My favorite cover is the one by SKAN. Typically don't buy store variants but this one stands out and already have a SKAN section in the PC. 

Either of these books is well worth buying for cover if you can find them. The Ms Marvel is iconic and could similar in sales to the recent Batgirl cover that exploded onto the back issue market on day one. That and the ne character "sounds" like a perfect villain for Squirrel Girl. ?