• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
1 hour ago, Sdmeyer11 said:

Looks like Youngblood #2 featuring the 1st appearance of Prophet is heating up with the news of a potential movie. 

I'm RICH!!!

there's always money in the banana stand.

11 minutes ago, wikked said:

Modern age is considered to be 1985-present

eBay considers it 1992-present... which still fits ;)

I'm aware of what eBay considers it...but since when is eBay the authority on the subject of comic books?

And "Modern age is considered to be 1985-present"...according to whom...?

For reference: in 1965, Wonder Woman #156 was published. That book referred to comics from "Comics' Golden Age"...books that were published 20-23 years prior to that issue. 

So, a 26 year old comic is not a "Modern." 

1 hour ago, wikked said:

Modern age is considered to be 1985-present

???

I thought it was bad enough when certain people say Copper begins in 1985. This is a whole new level of :oO.o:facepalm::screwy:

9 hours ago, revat said:
9 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
10 hours ago, Sdmeyer11 said:

Looks like Youngblood #2 featuring the 1st appearance of Prophet is heating up with the news of a potential movie. 

I'm RICH!!!

there's always money in the banana stand.

Yeah there is no shortage of this book. There wont be any shortage of slabs except right now because nobody wanted them. 
Rob will be laughing all the way to the bank on this one don't fall for it.

12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm aware of what eBay considers it...but since when is eBay the authority on the subject of comic books?

For reference: in 1965, Wonder Woman #156 was published. That book referred to comics from "Comics' Golden Age"...books that were published 20-23 years prior to that issue. 

11 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

???

I thought it was bad enough when certain people say Copper begins in 1985. This is a whole new level of :oO.o:facepalm::screwy:

Are we forgetting that CGC says Modern is anything from 1975 to Present?  :screwy:

9 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:
12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

11 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

???

Are we forgetting that CGC says Modern is anything from 1975 to Present?  :screwy:

Nope. But, as Lazyboy pointed out, that's a grading tier, not a designation. They aren't trying to convince anyone that 43 year old comic books are "modern" in that sense of the word.

7 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

That's a grading tier that has nothing to do with the hobby. When did the Walkthrough Age start and end? How about the Economy Age? lol

Now that you mention it, why is ASM139 a different "tier" than ASM140 and therefore requiring an extra $7 to grade it, AND an extra 24 days TAT?

Edited by jcjames

5 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Nope. But, as Lazyboy pointed out, that's a grading tier, not a designation. They aren't trying to convince anyone that 43 year old comic books are "modern" in that sense of the word.

Well there must be SOMETHING different about a 44 year old comic compared to a 43 year old comic that warrants an extra $7 and extra 24 days to grade it! :grin:

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

The cutoff has to be somewhere. Interestingly enough, Hulk #182 has a Dec, 1974 cover date.

Missed it by THAT much....

Why?

Why cutoff anywhere?

Is there some difference in service that warrants paying and waiting more for a "value" ASM139 vs a "modern" ASM140?

They really need to dump the whole "modern" category.

Just now, jcjames said:

Why?

Why cutoff anywhere?

Is there some difference in service that warrants paying and waiting more for a "value" ASM139 vs a "modern" ASM140?

They really need to dump the whole "modern" category.

lol

You're asking the wrong people...

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

Well there must be SOMETHING different about a 44 year old comic compared to a 43 year old comic that warrants an extra $7 and extra 24 days to grade it! :grin:

Comics are like wine...their physical profiles change with age.  That extra month in the winter of December 1974 adds a level of complexity to the book.  There's a muskiness as the pages age.  Like...sweaty teen angst and wet leather.  That one month makes the book unique unlike the books that followed in the new year.

:signfunny: