• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

If people are willing to pay $20+ for Dr. Strange Sourcer Supreme #44, anything is possible.

Had to look that one up.  First Cyttorak... never heard mention of it until now.  Has the demand always been there, or a recent development?

5 hours ago, revat said:

on a super-unrelated note, we bought movie pass right before the Oscars to see all the best picture noms (we'd probably seen like two of them before that), and we ended up seeing 9/10 or 8/9 of them however many there were, all but one of the noms.  The only one we didn't see was Shape of Water, the one that won.  Our pick was Three Billboards, which I'm pretty sure should have won (a surprisingly high amount of people we know saw Shape of Water, and NOBODY LIKED IT, though many were impressed).  But as a crop, last year's was pretty good.  I thought Call Me by Your Name was probably the weakest, but so beautifully shot in such beautiful locations that you could it watch it for hours even if nothing is happening (which is literally the point of the movie).

But seriously, go watch 3 billboards.  like now. 

Also, wasn't Justin Hammer (played by Sam Rockwell, who was in 3 billboards) supposed to be british in Iron man 2?  I never heard Rockewell do british before, I was hoping to hear the accent.

Three Billboards was a great movie. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

One sold for $170 in July. I guess some people are betting on her. Wouldn't surprise me to see her in some cartoons if she isn't already.

5 hours ago, BishopT said:

4 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

One sold for $170 in July. I guess some people are betting on her. Wouldn't surprise me to see her in some cartoons if she isn't already.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/20/marvel-ironheart-movie-riri-williams-iron-man-phase-4/

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:41 PM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Ruby Rose is the PERFECT casting for Batwoman.

Please expand on this.

Personally while I like her in John Wick and others I am not sold on her yet.

I was going to say she is too thin, but they list her at 5"7 and 130 so really that's not a bad frame.

If they add a little muscle like they did Gal Gadot that will help her too. I wonder if they will 
keep all her tats.

Seems like Catwoman would be more suited to her.

Edited by fastballspecial

46 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Please expand on this.

Personally while I like her in John Wick and others I am not sold on her yet.

I was going to say she is too thin, but they list her at 5"7 and 130 so really that's not a bad frame.

If they add a little muscle like they did Gal Gadot that will help her too. I wonder if they will 
keep all her tats.

Seems like Catwoman would be more suited to her.

I honestly didn’t put too much thought into it lol I saw the news and immediately thought it was spot on. Perhaps given her LGBT status and general toughness...it was easy for me to imagine her as Batwoman especially the one I’ve been reading in Tec rebirth. I have not read the stand alone Batwoman series. I too agree that she may seem a bit thin. I wouldn’t be surprised if she buffed up a little for the role. 

She might look like a Catwoman type but Batwoman would suit her masculinity more I think.