• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mrwoogieman said:

Obviously, because they were signed, you put them in a "special" place so they wouldn't get lost or mixed in with the unsigned masses before they sold. So look there, problem solved!

(:

Ugh,I'm so guilty of doing that.And then I make a horrible mess going manic and searching everywhere and get to wondering where other things are.I can get myself worked up for days.

:hi:

7 hours ago, Bird said:

well, I cannot find a book that I sold. So if it is not in the box it should be in, I have to go through them all. What wonderful things I found, including Venom vs Rune (or Rune vs Venom, whatever it is) in excellent shape (or so it looks through the bag). So I have that going for me. Still no sign of the two signed comics I sold though. :sumo:

I know about the "box thing."

As a side note, approximately 80% of my golden through copper age comic books were purchased in northern NJ, where I was raised.

On 9/2/2018 at 3:58 PM, gradejunky said:

I found mine in a $1 bin about a year or two ago.  That and the It's a Wonderful Life book.  I had no knowledge of them before I found them, and just grabbed them because they looked like pretty cool issues that were not very heavily printed obviously.

I sold a copy of Wonderful Life in 2014 for $17. Both books have garnered $15+ for a while.

19 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Obviously, because they were signed, you put them in a "special" place so they wouldn't get lost or mixed in with the unsigned masses before they sold. So look there, problem solved!

(:

As I looked in boxes not opened in a few years I knew it had to be with the boxes of "ebay stuff" even though I had checked them. Before I went to bed last night, knowing it would gnaw at me, I went through the 2 short boxes where it should be and it was sitting there plain as day. No explanation for not seeing it on my two prior flips through the box earlier in the day!

A couple of books that are selling very well right now:

Incredible Hulk vs Venom- I guess venom vs anyone right now is hot due to the new Venom series?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=hulk+418&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=hulk+vs+venom&_sacat=0

Spider-Man: Noir-  Especially 1A, but 1B and the whole set are on fire.  I sold a 1B last week at auction for $64.  I have another, and have looked around town in some of my "secret spots" that I thought I remember a stash of these hiding, to no avail.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=spiderman+noir+3&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=1&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=spiderman+noir+1&_sacat=1

Edited by gradejunky

12 hours ago, gradejunky said:

A couple of books that are selling very well right now:

Incredible Hulk vs Venom- I guess venom vs anyone right now is hot due to the new Venom series?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=hulk+418&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=hulk+vs+venom&_sacat=0

Spider-Man: Noir-  Especially 1A, but 1B and the whole set are on fire.  I sold a 1B last week at auction for $64.  I have another, and have looked around town in some of my "secret spots" that I thought I remember a stash of these hiding, to no avail.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=spiderman+noir+3&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=1&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=spiderman+noir+1&_sacat=1

Hmm, I've got a really sharp Hulk vs Venom that I pulled out of a dollar box last year that I've been sitting on for the right moment. Maybe now is the time to list it.

15 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

I like #419 here, 1st full appearance and cover. #418 is a cameo...and the market generally doesn't like cameos.

13 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

I think 418 is more than a cameo, named, multiple panels, and he is on cover (back part of wraparound). 

Yea, 418 is definitely a full first.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Yea, 418 is definitely a full first.

I still like #419 better here for "1st full". This is like Conan #23 and #24 to me...Red Sonja's "1st appearance". She shows up in a few panels and even names herself in #23. That's listed as "1st appearance" but #24 is the "1st full appearance", story centers around her, she's on the cover...and it certainly is the more desirable copy to the market. It'll be interesting to watch these two books once the trailer hits and the non-CGC geeks find out about this one.

At the end of the day this is a dollar bin book but I'm sure it'll take off for a short period of time. I love the 1st appearance debates...there is ZERO consistency in our hobby which makes it interesting.

conan-23---11.jpg

Edited by AGGIEZ