• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Instead of buying the higher print run of Bruce Banner's wedding in #418, spec on Hulk #419 the 1st full app. of Talos with Talos on the front cover. :eyeroll: Decent artwork by Gary Frank.

Except isn't it Roger Cruz' art on the cover of IH 419??? hm 

IH419a.jpeg

Edited by divad

Just now, ygogolak said:
2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yes, it's gotten infested with vermin from "spec sites", who care not a damn bit about comics as an artform, and only care about $$$.

It takes money to buy comics.

hm

It takes money to buy pretty much anything. Distinction: you're missing it.

6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
18 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

:screwy: All of those things can happen in a brief appearance.

Yup, it's right there for your eyes to see.

So you agree? Then why did you post that "full appearance" B.S.?

9 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yes, it's gotten infested with vermin from "spec sites", who care not a damn bit about comics as an artform, and only care about $$$.

I think I agree with you.

I've been reading and collecting comics for over 30 years now and I just started "speculating" last year. As in, buying just for the purpose to resell. Its helped a little, money wise, but it's not worth it to me.

It's also slightly taken away from my enjoyment of comics, so I think Im done with that. 

36 minutes ago, Xenuprime said:
10 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I've been reading and collecting comics for over 30 years now and I just started "speculating" last year. As in, buying just for the purpose to resell. Its helped a little, money wise, but it's not worth it to me.

It's also slightly taken away from my enjoyment of comics, so I think Im done with that. 

I can understand that perspective completely.

The spec sites are trying to become something that already failed once. There is a lot of money riding on it so they will vehemently defend their sites.  The problem I have with it is they don't read the books. At least now they feature a weekly article on good reads. Its just like this site sometimes. When tend to think we are the center of the hobby instead of the minority we are.  A growing minority yes, but still a minority. 

I think they have gotten better at least with justifying their hot picks with actual sales. Instead of featuring store variants of partners of the site. Maybe out of the 4 or 5 I know one of them will get it right eventually. The hobby needs balance to survive. When you cater to the wrong end you end up cutting your own throat.

Just Ask Wizard.

Edited by fastballspecial

8 hours ago, Xenuprime said:

Yep, if it's not fun, don't do it. There are so many comics out there to have to try to keep up with prices that it's nearly impossible to stay on top of everything & successfully make money flipping (not counting those full-time comic dealers). I've been able to stay on top of ASM prices as I finish off my collection or upgrade issues. If I find a really good deal (usually with small lots or raw singles) I go for it. I usually get an upgrade out of it and am able to flip those books mixed into different lots or sold solo for profit. I'm just putting those profits back into my collection. Keeps my actual costs way down & I love it because it gets me one step closer to my final goal. It takes a lot of time to keep up with this so there's no way I could imagine trying to keep up with another book like Batman or something without it turning into a job, lol. 

8 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I can understand that perspective completely.

The spec sites are trying to become something that already failed once. There is a lot of money riding on it so they will vehemently defend their sites.  The problem I have with it is they don't read the books. At least now they feature a weekly article on good reads. Its just like this site sometimes. When tend to think we are the center of the hobby instead of the minority we are.  A growing minority yes, but still a minority. 

I think they have gotten better at least with justifying their hot picks with actual sales. Instead of featuring store variants of partners of the site. Maybe out of the 4 or 5 I know one of them will get it right eventually. The hobby needs balance to survive. When you cater to the wrong end you end up cutting your own throat.

Just Ask Wizard.

I like to think of it as "the proud, the few, the elite". :bigsmile: I agree about the spec sites, but for some reason I love watching those youtube vids, lol. It's pretty easy to tell who does it because they love it & who's pimpin' junk to try to make themselves a profit from a newb speculator that runs out & buys every book on their weekly "hot" lists. If it's "comics", I'll probably watch it. :headbang: 

My Captain Marvel 50 sold immediately after the announcement which was weird because it had been already announced months before.
Be interesting to see what happens with Talos as it seems he is going to play a decent role in the film as well. You would think many Cosmic
characters will start to see attention now.

9with

8 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

I like to think of it as "the proud, the few, the elite". :bigsmile: I agree about the spec sites, but for some reason I love watching those youtube vids, lol. It's pretty easy to tell who does it because they love it & who's pimpin' junk to try to make themselves a profit from a newb speculator that runs out & buys every book on their weekly "hot" lists. If it's "comics", I'll probably watch it. :headbang: 

With that said, it was nice a few years ago nearly paying for a family trip to Europe running around from shop to shop buying every copy of walking dead ( as well as discovering prior issues of wd I had bought) they still had out on the racks along with saga 1 and 2  thief of thieves 1 and 2 and a few others. Alas, 3 of those shops are gone.

Edited by the blob

On 9/6/2018 at 8:24 PM, Lazyboy said:

If that page posted above is the extent of Red Sonja's appearance in 23, it is not even :censored: close to a full appearance.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:08 AM, ygogolak said:

Part of story? Check

Shown in full panel(s)? Check

Named? Check

Yup, full appearance.

On 9/7/2018 at 5:50 PM, Lazyboy said:

:screwy: All of those things can happen in a brief appearance.

On 9/8/2018 at 11:55 AM, Lazyboy said:

So you agree? Then why did you post that "full appearance" B.S.?

You seem to have forgotten what you posted.

Did anyone bring up Avengers 346 (or is it Copper - 1992)? Copies have been selling for $15-25 as the first appearance of the Starforce team. Individual first appearances should be heating up as well. Most aren't modern, but Inhumans 11/Quasar 32 for Korath. Ms Marvel 9 for Deathbird, Quasar 9 for Captain Atlas, Cap 398 for Supremor, Iron Man 278 is Shatterax, and Ultimus in Thor 209.