• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Did anyone bring up Avengers 346 (or is it Copper - 1992)? Copies have been selling for $15-25 as the first appearance of the Starforce team. Individual first appearances should be heating up as well. Most aren't modern, but Inhumans 11/Quasar 32 for Korath. Ms Marvel 9 for Deathbird, Quasar 9 for Captain Atlas, Cap 398 for Supremor, Iron Man 278 is Shatterax, and Ultimus in Thor 209. 

Seriously? Avengers 346? (runs to long boxes)

4 hours ago, Jackhartmann said:

The bid history made me laugh. Look at bidder 299. He keeps bidding the book up by $1.00. Who does that.

4 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Did anyone bring up Avengers 346 (or is it Copper - 1992)? Copies have been selling for $15-25 as the first appearance of the Starforce team. Individual first appearances should be heating up as well. Most aren't modern, but Inhumans 11/Quasar 32 for Korath. Ms Marvel 9 for Deathbird, Quasar 9 for Captain Atlas, Cap 398 for Supremor, Iron Man 278 is Shatterax, and Ultimus in Thor 209. 

Nice list. Just two corrections. Supremor is just another name for the Supreme Intelligence so his first appearance is Fantastic Four #65 not Captain America #398 and Ultimus' first appearance as Demon Druid was Thor #209 but he became Ultimus in Wonder Man #7.

Just now, kairos70 said:

Nice list. Just two corrections. Supremor is just another name for the Supreme Intelligence so his first appearance is Fantastic Four #65 not Captain America #398 and Ultimus' first appearance as Demon Druid was Thor #209 but he became Ultimus in Wonder Man #7.

Thanks for the update. I knew it was the same character, but a lot of times the uninformed go for the cheaper option of the current name so I thought there could be some money to be made. 

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The bid history made me laugh. Look at bidder 299. He keeps bidding the book up by $1.00. Who does that.

I sold my copy raw for $500 CAD 2 years ago, so this price does not surprise me, even if there might be some shilling. I was happy with my $500. #NoLookingBack

13 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I believe that means that someone was trying to beat the max bid of 299 but only did so in $1 or $.50 increments, so I think the most likely culprit would be n***y(873) who finally got in there with a bid of $13.05

14 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Thanks for the update. I knew it was the same character, but a lot of times the uninformed go for the cheaper option of the current name so I thought there could be some money to be made. 

True. Also add to the list Captain America vol.3 #8 - 1st appearance of Bron Char, the Kree warrior that was listed in the preview pic of Star Force.

23 hours ago, Jackhartmann said:

A little listing pump by Jack?

Last 10 sales recorded on GPA are for over $1k.

9 hours ago, Alondo said:
23 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I believe that means that someone was trying to beat the max bid of 299 but only did so in $1 or $.50 increments, so I think the most likely culprit would be n***y(873) who finally got in there with a bid of $13.05

Yes that is correct. I was looking at the wrong bidder when I said that. Still who does that lol.

22 hours ago, kairos70 said:
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:21 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Plenty of cheap ones in there, but I like Deathbird the best.

25 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Spec on Mayday coming to 616 with her upcoming Spider-geddon appearance I'm guessing. (shrug)

Ok Was not sure just dug one out.  Needs some pressing and cleaning but lets see how that goes first before cgc selling.  buy on Rumor sell on trailer

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

Spec on Mayday coming to 616 with her upcoming Spider-geddon appearance I'm guessing. (shrug)

Ah, thanks for clarifying the original post. Punctuation and a number sign really makes a difference when following the previous post.