• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Plantman said:

I am fairly sure it was you. You had a booth at CAPE 2015 and CAPE 2017. I bought a Black Lightning #1 and Shazam #32 in 2015 plus ASM #149 and Detective Comics #566 in 2017 from you. My biggest regret is not buying your Venom Vs. Carnage mini-series in 2017! PM me if you want details of our conversations or a physical description of me.

Back to Batman Damned #1: right now 23 copies of this book occupy all 12 spots on Lyria Exchange's most active, modern age, popular keys blocked, non-CGC list. 

Yep, that was me! I'm willing to bet the DET #566 was waaay underpriced. :wink: Those Shazams sell like hotcakes for me, and the key Spideys sell out faster for me than Peter can spin a web. As for BL #1, I was probably eager to rid myself of that book back then. I had no clue a TV series would be made! I've since learned that they'll make a movie/TV series for anyone. I hope you're happy with your purchases.

I might set up at a new Ottawa con this November. Drop by and say "hi" if you're there.

Back on topic now!

Anyone notice how hot those X-MEN LEGACY issues featuring Endgame are now???

1 hour ago, Second Blight said:

Pump and Dump. Specing on a Legion persona appearing in Thanos....:roflmao:

KEY ISSUES Comics

• FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.
  • KEY ISSUES Comics
  •  
  • 4,639 posts

That's refreshing! :acclaim:

14 hours ago, Plantman said:

Back to Batman Damned #1: right now 23 copies of this book occupy all 12 spots on Lyria Exchange's most active, modern age, popular keys blocked, non-CGC list. 

It's remarkable and I anticipate that people are going to dig in now because DC has halted the 2nd printing (I assume in favor of a TBA Hardcover, limited, engraved, blah, blah they know how to make money).  I think this was a brilliant move on DC's part capitalizing on the 2ndary market and insuring that this book will keep it's buzz until the final orders are placed for the third issue.  No one ever said they didn't know how to sell comics (I just hope they figure out how to sell movie tickets).  

1 minute ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Giant Size Ms Marvel is a $40 book now because first app of Chewie the Cat?!? Seriously? 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=giant+size+ms+marvel+1&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Damn. The cat is out of the bag! :shy:

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Giant Size Ms Marvel is a $40 book now because first app of Chewie the Cat?!? Seriously? 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=giant+size+ms+marvel+1&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Wasn't Nova #8 a $40 book once because of Cosmo the dog?

7 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Cats in the movie even in first trailer. Who am I to judge I just sell.

34 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:

There have been a number of television announcements this week: (1) Ice Cream Man; (2) Sweet Tooth; (3) October Faction; and (4) Warrior Nun Areala are all in development.  I have seen these comics dry up on eBay and then 24 hours or so later become available at an increasingly rich price tag as sellers unload copies.  Universal Cable Productions who also developed Happy is developing Sweet Tooth and Ice Cream Man (which is apparently being written by the duo who developed Sneaky Pete).  Warrior Nun Areala is owned by the same parent company that owns the beloved comic news website BleedingCool who has already run a lengthy story about this Netflix project and October Faction (also in development for a Netflix original).  There's been a lot of spec heat on Ninja High School issues 37 (and 38).  I have not done enough research but it appears that the Warrior Nun chararacter first appears in NHS 37 and not in issue 38 and that the character who appears on the cover to issue 38 is a related character but not Warrior Nun (who I think is named Shannon).  The consensus appears to be that the Warrior Nun first appears in the ongoing series and that her real life persona's first appearance is in NHS 37.  That being said, people still argue on here about Hulk 180/181, and I'm certain that this will be an opportunity to bicker if this title takes off.  There is also a Platinum Cover of number 1 that is limited to 5k copies and an ashcan that predates the first issue of the series.    

Batman: Damned has maintained its eBay prices.  Apparently Azzarello was in Baltimore signing books at a hefty $50 a book pricetag which didn't slow down his line.  The announcement that DC will not be publishing a second printing ("at this time") has driven sales which peaked over a hundred dollars.  Prices on the SDCC retailer proof variant continue to soar.  Carnage appears to have replaced Venom at the top of the spidey spec heap as fans continue to find bread crumbs left by Woody Harelson which they believe indicate that he will be making a cameo appearance in the film and its prospective sequel as the black and red serial killer.  I have no idea about the veracity of this conclusion.  There's been some buzz about Morbius the Living Vampire to the extent that Sony has stated that he will be the next property featured in a recent press release about Jared Leto embodying the character.  This is old news for many, but the recent press release appears to be driving new interest in Amazing Spider-Man 101. Buzz over the Eternals hiring a director continues to move this title on eBay; sales have been strong and show no signs of slowing down.  Similarly, we've seen renewed interest in Birds of Prey related comics as a result of casting decisions made by Warner Brothers.     

It will be interesting to see what happens to the ASM 361 9.8s if Harrelson is playing Cletus Cassidy/Carnage. I thought the current prices were crazy.