• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Ah, I see. Ebay is messed up. It led me to a listing where the guy selling 9.4 or 9.6s for $40-50 USD each and it said he had already sold 115 of them. The link now takes me to the 9.9 listing.

It's been like that for a few months now. When they made all of the new "improved" changes. (Which most are worse).

6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It's been like that for a few months now. When they made all of the new "improved" changes. (Which most are worse).

This mot recent change has me the most scared;  "Managed Payments".  ...or basically, trying to get rid of Paypal so that eBay gets ALL of the fees generated from any transaction. 

6 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

This mot recent change has me the most scared;  "Managed Payments".  ...or basically, trying to get rid of Paypal so that eBay gets ALL of the fees generated from any transaction. 

I don't like the new shipping page. I haven't seen the managed payments. But they announced at the beginning of the year PayPal would not be the preferred payment starting in 2020.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/31/16957212/ebay-adyen-paypal-payments-agreement

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I don't like the new shipping page. I haven't seen the managed payments. But they announced at the beginning of the year PayPal would not be the preferred payment starting in 2020.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/31/16957212/ebay-adyen-paypal-payments-agreement

I don't like the new shipping page either and I simply revert back to the old in every transaction (until they remove that option).  I don't like the managed payments as they want your bank account info....and I just think that's unnecessary in today's age.  I want the absolute minimum of any sensitive details out "there" as possible.  

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I don't like the new shipping page either and I simply revert back to the old in every transaction (until they remove that option).  I don't like the managed payments as they want your bank account info....and I just think that's unnecessary in today's age.  I want the absolute minimum of any sensitive details out "there" as possible.  

Don't worry in 2025 it will be hair, blood and stool.  By 2030 they'll just force us all to have neck tatoos with out net earnings, class and rank. lol

Edited by Nico Esq

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Warrior Nun? I couldn't those away. What's next Lady Pendragon???

I think I kept some of the Sweet Tooth I had. I always that it would get optioned but don't think it will ever see the light of day.

Agree its a real stretch for some of these books now. The speculation sites must be running out of gas.

On that note look for Cap 25 and 34 to start moving over the next year as we get closer to the last Avengers movie.

28 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Agree its a real stretch for some of these books now. The speculation sites must be running out of gas.

On that note look for Cap 25 and 34 to start moving over the next year as we get closer to the last Avengers movie.

I'm not so sure that Sweet Tooth is actually a thing.  It appears that what was reported may have been a mistake and that a horror movie by the same name is actually what Universal is working on. I've been slammed at work so I haven't actually looked that hard.  I frankly don't understand the fascination with Warrior Nun but it probably taps into all the catholic school girl, repressed fantasies of some substantial section of comics market.  I was shocked that it had its own toy line.  I'm still kind of shocked.  As far as Cap goes, no matter how beloved he is by movie goers, comic collectors have always gravitated to the old old stuff.  Personally, I think the Winter Soldier storyline is way cooler than the secondary market does.  I sort of imagined that it would have been embraced and sought after in the same way alot of the movie related marvel stuff has been.  Depending on how the MCU unfolds, there's all kinds of possibilities for books to catch fire.  

Edited by Nico Esq

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Yea, those speculation sites are good at pushing something to get a studio to option it.

???

25 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I have noticed that Captain America 6 Winter Soldier variant has been sneaky hot again.  The 9.8's get gobbled up on ebay, as there are currently no blue label 9.8's available.  

Probably because of the Evans tweet.

Edit: Doesn't really seem to be doing much more than usual. 9.8 90 Day is actually down.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/900/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=captain+america+6+winter&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Edited by ygogolak

5 hours ago, cd4ever said:

Six From Sirius is next.  

Gah, I just gave away a couple of sets of Six From Sirius this week. Don't jinx this into existence! I'm not looking for another situation where Body Bags inexplicably explodes the day after I gave a few copies away for a buck.

On 10/4/2018 at 6:15 PM, ygogolak said:

In the film industry, an option is a contractual agreement between a potential film producer (such as a movie studio, a production company, or an individual) and the author of source material, such as a book, play, or screenplay,[1] for an exclusive, but temporary, right to purchase the screenplay, given the film producer lives up to the terms of the contract.

Yes, I can read Wikipedia as well. But what you posted has to be broken down properly. "Author" means the the creator (i.e. owner) of the original work, if it's not a work for hire, which all work for Marvel and DC is. In this sense, it's referring to a screenplay as an original screenplay not based on source material (those exist, which is why there are separate Oscars for original screenplay and adapted screenplay). In short, an option is the exclusive rights to develop a movie based on source material. Unless Marvel and DC is making a movie for which there is no source material, creating wholly original works to incorporate into their cinematic universes, they already own the rights. And if they *are* doing that (seems unlikely, since they already have a lot of stuff to work with), then there are no comics to be purchased from others for stuff that's been optioned

11 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

I frankly don't understand the fascination with Warrior Nun   

Hot on the heels of the Batman: Damned nonsense, a bunch of dumb azz fanboys probably thought the title was Warrior Nun Areola.

10 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yes, I can read Wikipedia as well. But what you posted has to be broken down properly. "Author" means the the creator (i.e. owner) of the original work, if it's not a work for hire, which all work for Marvel and DC is. In this sense, it's referring to a screenplay as an original screenplay not based on source material (those exist, which is why there are separate Oscars for original screenplay and adapted screenplay). In short, an option is the exclusive rights to develop a movie based on source material. Unless Marvel and DC is making a movie for which there is no source material, creating wholly original works to incorporate into their cinematic universes, they already own the rights. And if they *are* doing that (seems unlikely, since they already have a lot of stuff to work with), then there are no comics to be purchased from others for stuff that's been optioned

It's just comics. If you feel you need to take it to that level over one word and get a win, congrats.

Many others of us will continue to use optioned, like Dark Avenegrs.

Edited by ygogolak

On 10/5/2018 at 1:17 PM, Aweandlorder said:

EOSV#2 9.8 variant is a steady 3000+ book now

:whatthe: Wow!

Better be careful she doesn't get a big head over it.

Opp, too late. :grin:

Edited by jcjames