• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

a lot of 9.9 and 10 batman damned are hitting ebay it is tagged as "1st black label DC"

lol that made me check ha. My LCS still has the first print in stock..... and priced at $70..... idk, I just don't see it surviving...

Is the "1st black label DC" mean that it is the first "nudity" in DC comics? or what does it mean? :shy: 

24 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol that made me check ha. My LCS still has the first print in stock..... and priced at $70..... idk, I just don't see it surviving...

Is the "1st black label DC" mean that it is the first "nudity" in DC comics? or what does it mean? :shy: 

I think is means black label magazine honestly im not sure about that black label thing myself

4 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Completely opinion, but I think 9.9 and 10.0s are political. Ive subbed hundreds of books and never gotten one. I've gotten tons of 9.8s. I know for a fact some of my books looked PERFECT too. Ive gotten good at screening over the years.

I don't know enough about the grading process for granting a 10.0 or 9.9, but just seems odd that only certain people regularly get them.

I understand that they amount of books subbed by those are higher, but doesnt seem like a coincidence to me.

Who knows though, maybe of the hundreds of books Ive subbed (maybe more than that), I never had a 9.9 or 10.0 (even though most of my 9.8s are moderns). 

I got two 9.9s in one shipment, both Jock variants of All-Star Batman 1 (both sold now). I never got another. I have not subbed more than 200 books or so and 25 at a time is the most I have done. I get some bulk from the LCS and they never hit the shelves, he just takes his from mine and re-boxes them for me. The point is that I am a no one who only subs occasionally and there is no political benefit in giving me 9.9s that I can conceive.

Moondragon was a big favorite of mine when I was a kid in the 1970s. And now she is making a comeback...groovy man, groovy.

8 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:

new Guardians of the Galaxy roster as Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Nova, Ghost Rider, and Moondragon (who first appears as Madame MacEvil way back in Iron Man 54). 

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

2 hours ago, JcomicJ said:

I think is means black label magazine honestly im not sure about that black label thing myself

"Black Label" is the name of the new adult oriented imprint from DC Comics, and "Damned" is the first comic issued under that imprint. 

10 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

"Black Label" is the name of the new adult oriented imprint from DC Comics, and "Damned" is the first comic issued under that imprint. 

Is it possible that it is such a good story that it remains popular? Or at least the first under that imprint?

The cover to #2 looks interesting ... is that Harley Quinn?

I guess that I could buy them to read, but at the current money entry level it's doubtful...

43 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:

Another big week for TV/Film announcements!  It appears that the Darkness, Thief of Thieves, Nailbiter and Think Tank are all getting TV deals.  Apparently, Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment is working with Sony Television sa Skybound Galactic and they will develop television projects based on Skybound comic books as well as properties from other Image imprints, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Newsarama and others.  I am hopeful that Thief of Thieves and Think Tank make it to the finish line as I think both of these properties translate well to the small screen as serialized shows.  I look for there to be a lot of interest in the Comicspro Thief of Thieves 1 and the variant cover to Think Tank 1.  I suspect that Witchblade #10 is the book to grab for the Darkness (it's Darkness 0) and there is a DF variant, a gold variant and perhaps a very limited master edition (but someone with more knowledge than me is going to have to provide details there).  The big screen news is all Donnie Cates.  God Country is getting made into a major motion picture!  I suspect that the Image Blind Box variants (particularly that b/w sketch cover) will be the big books there.  

It's been a heck of a week for variant covers.  Last week everyone was going crazy about Deadpool GPK, Deathstroke's rogues gallery, and Wonder Woman's witching hour variants were apparently underordered by many shops.  This week it appears that no one underordered the Artgerm Catwoman cover which may be the most beautiful cover I've seen period.  Sales have also been strong on Supregirl (Artgerm), What If Spider-man, black costume, punisher, Red Hood (variant) and Suicide Squad (variant). 

The Venom AMC book has a going rate of $10.00 shipped from a ton of sellers on eBay.  Cursed comics cavalcade was selling for more than the hefty $9.99 cover price at one point, but I haven't looked at it in a minute.       Cates also announced the line up to his new Guardians of the Galaxy roster as Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Nova, Ghost Rider, and Moondragon (who first appears as Madame MacEvil way back in Iron Man 54).  There's someone else too but I can't remember them off the top of my head.  There was also an unannounced Venom 7 variant that is selling for $20 or so that has Venom sticking his tongue out on the cover.  

I'm sure there's more stuff (e.g., speculation about Kraven's Last Hunt, alleged leaked set photos from Avengers, Batwoman, etc.), but I don't necessarily find any of that stuff too interesting.  Thoughts? 

Think Tank, Darkness and Thief of Thieves had already been in development. In fact, so long that apparently the rights to them have expired. This does not say that there are any TV agreements associated with any channel however. So, I don't expect much from any. Nailbiter on the other hand has been at the top of my list as a good adaption.

54 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

1 hour ago, Nico Esq said:

Another big week for TV/Film announcements!  It appears that the Darkness, Thief of Thieves, Nailbiter and Think Tank are all getting TV deals.  Apparently, Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment is working with Sony Television sa Skybound Galactic and they will develop television projects based on Skybound comic books as well as properties from other Image imprints, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Newsarama and others.  I am hopeful that Thief of Thieves and Think Tank make it to the finish line as I think both of these properties translate well to the small screen as serialized shows.  I look for there to be a lot of interest in the Comicspro Thief of Thieves 1 and the variant cover to Think Tank 1.  I suspect that Witchblade #10 is the book to grab for the Darkness (it's Darkness 0) and there is a DF variant, a gold variant and perhaps a very limited master edition (but someone with more knowledge than me is going to have to provide details there).  The big screen news is all Donnie Cates.  God Country is getting made into a major motion picture!  I suspect that the Image Blind Box variants (particularly that b/w sketch cover) will be the big books there.  

It's been a heck of a week for variant covers.  Last week everyone was going crazy about Deadpool GPK, Deathstroke's rogues gallery, and Wonder Woman's witching hour variants were apparently underordered by many shops.  This week it appears that no one underordered the Artgerm Catwoman cover which may be the most beautiful cover I've seen period.  Sales have also been strong on Supregirl (Artgerm), What If Spider-man, black costume, punisher, Red Hood (variant) and Suicide Squad (variant). 

The Venom AMC book has a going rate of $10.00 shipped from a ton of sellers on eBay.  Cursed comics cavalcade was selling for more than the hefty $9.99 cover price at one point, but I haven't looked at it in a minute.       Cates also announced the line up to his new Guardians of the Galaxy roster as Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Nova, Ghost Rider, and Moondragon (who first appears as Madame MacEvil way back in Iron Man 54).  There's someone else too but I can't remember them off the top of my head.  There was also an unannounced Venom 7 variant that is selling for $20 or so that has Venom sticking his tongue out on the cover.  

I'm sure there's more stuff (e.g., speculation about Kraven's Last Hunt, alleged leaked set photos from Avengers, Batwoman, etc.), but I don't necessarily find any of that stuff too interesting.  Thoughts? 

Think Tank, Darkness and Thief of Thieves had already been in development. In fact, so long that apparently the rights to them have expired. This does not say that there are any TV agreements associated with any channel however. So, I don't expect much from any. Nailbiter on the other hand has been at the top of my list as a good adaption.

Nonetheless, very much appreciate the input! (thumbsu

6 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Completely opinion, but I think 9.9 and 10.0s are political. Ive subbed hundreds of books and never gotten one. I've gotten tons of 9.8s. I know for a fact some of my books looked PERFECT too. Ive gotten good at screening over the years.

I don't know enough about the grading process for granting a 10.0 or 9.9, but just seems odd that only certain people regularly get them.

I understand that they amount of books subbed by those are higher, but doesnt seem like a coincidence to me.

Who knows though, maybe of the hundreds of books Ive subbed (maybe more than that), I never had a 9.9 or 10.0 (even though most of my 9.8s are moderns). 

It can't be that political, as I have gotten one (and I got no political swag! - especially with the Powers that be.) lol

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Is it possible that it is such a good story that it remains popular? Or at least the first under that imprint?

The cover to #2 looks interesting ... is that Harley Quinn?

I guess that I could buy them to read, but at the current money entry level it's doubtful...

Sorry to drag this out too long, but the LCS with Batman damned will have a sale this Saturday only for the walking dead, the Batman will be marked down to $50. Is there a preferred cover? Or should I just steer clear?

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sorry to drag this out too long, but the LCS with Batman damned will have a sale this Saturday only for the walking dead, the Batman will be marked down to $50. Is there a preferred cover? Or should I just steer clear?

For most the best spec books are the ones you get a cover.  

Rarely do i I buy one at the $50 price.  Graded sometimes sure. But raw..it needs to be a potential first appearance bomb book. 

Now if if you are looking for one for your personal copy, then maybe.  Who knows what this book will do, but to flip.. $50 isn’t a good price.  

Just my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Awax said:

For most the best spec books are the ones you get a cover.  

Rarely do i I buy one at the $50 price.  Graded sometimes sure. But raw..it needs to be a potential first appearance bomb book. 

Now if if you are looking for one for your personal copy, then maybe.  Who knows what this book will do, but to flip.. $50 isn’t a good price.  

Just my opinion. 

That's respectable :foryou:

It's probably why they are still on the LCS shelves meh it's been marked up so fast and I'm not really a flipper especially since there are slabs to compete with now, and slabs graded 9.9 and 10.