• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Why would DC decide that it needs to be reprinted under a black label. Why create a black label?

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yes that's what I was saying exactly. I didn't actually think it would be printed in black ink label lol

(shrug)

14 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I think they are planning on cashing in on the TPB issues....

Winner!

Exactly. I think this whole thing was a marketing ploy all along. They knew about the wang. They knew they would "censor" it. They knew they would announce to not "reprint" it. I mean it was already 110k printing. They wanted the buzz and they got it. Issue 2 and TPB will get the benefits as well.

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

Winner!

Exactly. I think this whole thing was a marketing ploy all along. They knew about the wang. They knew they would "censor" it. They knew they would announce to not "reprint" it. I mean it was already 110k printing. They wanted the buzz and they got it. Issue 2 and TPB will get the benefits as well.

But they've also all but guaranteed that they sell no more than 110k of number 2 and 3. People will be reluctant to buy those issues when they don't even have a later printing of 1.

27 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

But they've also all but guaranteed that they sell no more than 110k of number 2 and 3. People will be reluctant to buy those issues when they don't even have a later printing of 1.

Ignoring for the moment that there tends to be a dropoff in sales after number one, I imagine there are a lot of people who believe they will still be able to snag a copy of the first issue on the aftermarket, if they're the type of buyers that buy to collect. If they're buying just to read, it's usually cheaper to trade-wait anyway

38 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

We shall see. But I believe they will sell a lot more than 110K for both issues 2 and 3 and wait for the TPB to read part 1. The controversy of Damned 1 is already creating FOMO pulling in more readers and speculators.

16 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

As far as I know, the first title that was to be printed under the "Black Label" was Batman White Knight.  

Yes and no.  At the time White Knight came out, it wasn’t a Black Label title, but DC decided over the summer to include it in the Black Label family.

On 10/12/2018 at 8:45 PM, Brock said:

Actually, I think it was the second... the Batman: White Knight Special Edition giveaway was printed under the Black Label, and I believe it came out a week or two earlier.

Good call, I wasn't sure but I thought that Damned was the first official release. But I could 100% be wrong about that.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:11 PM, Mapleleafvann said:

Confusion, more confusion, poor commitment to a new launch, terrible communication, lack of strategic coherency, big changes for strange reasons....did I mention confusion?  Yep....and people wonder why their movie franchise smells like hot garbage.  

The fact that even a group of dedicated readers/dealers/fans like you have in this thread were confused by the "launch" definitely indicates that they weren't successful in getting their point across. Now imagine how a casual reader at the comic shop feels? Bravo, DC!

On 10/12/2018 at 9:46 PM, Mapleleafvann said:

I like a lot of DC titles...but their movie franchise is horribly disjointed from their print media.  Here's to hoping the Titans movie is watchable!

The Titans movie looks like 2018's version of BATMAN FOREVER...

On 10/11/2018 at 6:04 PM, kevhtx said:

Again, good to hear. Ive subbed so many books, I had gotten discouraged by it that so many came back 9.8, but none higher.

Thanks.

For 2018, I have submitted 352 books.  Here are the grades I received:

CGC 9.9 = 4
CGC 9.8 = 270
CGC 9.6 = 61
CGC 9.4 = 11
CGC 9.2 = 5
CGC 8.5 = 1