• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Second Blight said:
5 hours ago, J.Biz said:

The cover is considered probably the best Spider Gwen cover ever.

Thats hype, not facts. With store variants, stores can order plenty of these 1:100 variants. I see plenty of these. Not everyone sells books, so Ebay looks scarce.

It's an artificial reality.

Plus, we know Marvel overprints variants.

Edited 3 hours ago by Second Blight

Ageed. The spec sites are pushing this book currently. I know their are SG fans here, but if I was looking at a 1/100 I would be looking at Morales or Ms Marvel instead
or for that cash an actual key book instead of a cover.

12 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Thats hype, not facts. With store variants, stores can order plenty of these 1:100 variants. I see plenty of these. Not everyone sells books, so Ebay looks scarce.

That's opinion, not fact.

How many store variants are there? I figured there would be a lot, but I only found 3.

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Um, what? So, because you work at a comic store your opinion on the quality of art is a fact?

His response about working in a comic store was in reference to your points about quantities.  Scroll up and read back if you can't remember what you were talking about. 2c

On 10/27/2018 at 6:12 PM, J.Biz said:

The cover is considered probably the best Spider Gwen cover ever.

On 10/27/2018 at 7:56 PM, Second Blight said:

On 10/28/2018 at 8:14 AM, ygogolak said:

That's opinion, not fact.

How many store variants are there? I figured there would be a lot, but I only found 3.

On 10/28/2018 at 8:56 AM, Second Blight said:

It's a fact. I work at a comic store.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Um, what? So, because you work at a comic store your opinion on the quality of art is a fact?

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

His response about working in a comic store was in reference to your points about quantities.  Scroll up and read back if you can't remember what you were talking about. 2c

OP: "Cover is probably the best..."
SB: "That's hype, not fact."

Me: "That's opinion, not fact."

Still waiting for a response about how many store variants there are to skew the numbers.

On 10/27/2018 at 9:55 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

"Spider-Ghost, Spider-Ghost, does whatever a Spider...er...hosts..."

Spider-Ghost, Spider-Ghost, wants to make some Spider-toast...

But she can't lift the bread, so she's sulking in the shed.

Feel bad!  Bad for the Spider-Ghost

Edited by valiantman

6 hours ago, valiantman said:

Spider-Ghost, Spider-Ghost, wants to make some Spider-toast...

But she can't lift the bread, so she's sulking in the shed.

Feel bad!  Bad for the Spider-Ghost

Spider-Ghost, Spider-Ghost, it's her variant costs the most!

Rising fast, but don't get caught -

Sell it now, while it's hot!

Right now! Before it's Spider-toast.

11 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

This week the Ghost Spider Hyung vairant tops the charts.  It is moving for more than $600 and I am sad that I was not able to secure a copy of this 1:100 variant in the range of $100 - $125 which is the general cost for a ratio variant of this caliber. I imagine that there is a virgin store variant of this cover coming in the future.  Only time will tell if this book will sustain its soaring prices.    

There has been a lot of buzz surrounding Rescue (Peper Potts armor clad iteration) who 1st appears in Invincible Iron Man Vol. 5 No. 10.  There is a 2nd print that is getting a ton of attention and a couple variant covers to choose from.  There is also some action on issue 12 (it has been suggested that this is her 1st full appearance and that 10 is merely a cameo - which I say against my better judgment b/c God knows I don't want to encourage people to ramble on about that in this thread).  

There has also been a lot of hype surrounding Kate Bishop (who 1st appears in Young Avengers No. 1 and 1st appears as Hawkeye in Young Avengers Presents No. 6) who is rumored to be appearing in the 4th Avengers film played by the star of the netflix series 13 Reasons Why.  There are a couple variants to Young Avengers 1 (a Wizard World sketch and a Marvel Legends variant).  

There has also been a considerable amount of action on Legionaires No. 0 (as discussed above by prior posters) and Dark Avengers No. 1 (and New Avengers No. 49).  The Legioneers has a Zero Hour UPC box variant that is demanding premium prices.  Dark Avengers No. 1 has a sketch variant cover (3rd printing) as does Dark Avengers 49 (2nd print).  Peter Parker Spider-Man No. 76 is an easy sell at $20.  This issue is apparently the 1st appearance of Crown Hunger who is apparently a villian in the forhcoming Morbius movie.     

There were a number of books that had speculators scrambling on the shelves this week (e.g., (a) source point press book the Rejected (2nd print) has a beautiful cover and has been selling consistently for around $40 on eBay; (b) the Middleton Batgirl variant cover is beautiful and has been selling for about $10 a pop; (c) Aftershock's Dead Kings has been selling well but numbers started to flatten when Mid-Town put its second batch of issues online).   

The traditional offenders are continuing to do well: Spderverse keys (Carnage, Silk and Gwen); Batman kets (e.g., Tec 880; Batman: Damned; etc.); and the cosmic ghost rider's 1st apperane in Thanos No. 13 are leadng the pack.  God Country is continuing to sell well, but this book has received some pushback by the speculator market who is leary of the viability of this title as an actual major motion picture.  Cover A sells better than cover B and there are a couple noteworthy variants (a regular Blind Box variant and sketch blind box variant).  

I'm sure there's more interesting stuff ...   

Surprised to see Thanos 13 still pulling that much.  Glad, but surprised. 

On the flip side, seems moronic that the lenticular is worth so much less.  

Wondered by Hawklady had interest.  Thanks for posting why.

Patrick