• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Doktor said:

Rags #1 pre-AP version still hot. I'm selling another copy (lowest grade of the ones I had with a clear CBC on the spine) and it's at $360 with 3 days left to go. That's also the highest price so far other than the Lim variant.

Sell em while they're hot. 165 copies are about to be shipped out and at least half of those people are going to flip them.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Sell em while they're hot. 165 copies are about to be shipped out and at least half of those people are going to flip them.

That's the Lim variant that's getting more copies released. The standard pre-AP version just has the regular cover minus the AP masthead. From what Brian has said on his patreon & twitter, he's only offering up the Lim variant. He hasn't mentioned anything about releasing more copies of the standard version tho.

You're right that is the Lim variant but Brian or whoever runs the patreon has made it very clear there are extra "back-issues" and he'll be distributing them to backers. So I would assume more copies are coming of the regular #1 as well.

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

How do you "bid up" a BIN? Which is what you claimed. Fake BIN pre-sales.

You can shill pretty easy by making fake listings, BIN with a new account,  then cancel the item. Ebay still shows it completed, but you can see the buyer pulled out on the "bid" history. I saw it a bunch with EOSV2 copies a while back.

Edited by Tnexus

4 minutes ago, Tnexus said:

You can shill pretty easy by making fake listings, BIN with a new account,  then cancel the item. Ebay still shows it completed, but you can see the buyer pulled out on the "bid" history. I saw it a bunch with EOSV2 copies a while back.

Every sale on eBay could be fake. Unless of course you are the buyer. I simply asked for proof of his claim.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/230751-moderns-that-are-heating-up-on-ebay/?do=findComment&comment=10431998

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

This is my cue to once again remind myself that I had the first 9.8 in the census, which I sold for a couple hundred bucks, which I was very pleased with at the time. :frustrated:

5 hours ago, F For Fake said:
8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

This is my cue to once again remind myself that I had the first 9.8 in the census, which I sold for a couple hundred bucks, which I was very pleased with at the time. :frustrated:

I agree I sold a raw for around $200 and I think it listed for a month before it sold. I thought the book was done. I guess speculators are pushing it up again.

28 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

hmmm...  will it come down?

Who knows. It has always commanded some premium in the run and has been a slow and fairly consistent climber over the years. Those more organic, steady price increases tend to bode well for a modern over the long term.  The fact that it isn't a variant and continues to have fewer blue label 9.8's than many "rare" variants is probably also helping it.

-J.

21 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Is this possibly a record for a non variant marvel/DC of an a-list character/title? It's not like there was a warehouse fire and 3/4 of the books were destroyed, this book is common enough that I fished 2 nice copies out of the dollar box at the same LCS.

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

Is this possibly a record for a non variant marvel/DC of an a-list character/title? It's not like there was a warehouse fire and 3/4 of the books were destroyed, this book is common enough that I fished 2 nice copies out of the dollar box at the same LCS.

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

Well, that was a year ago... I guess the answer is "yes"? Walking dead tops it, but it was not an a-list big 2 book (or even a-list for image, yet)

Yes, Walking Dead is a key and has a TV show, so it wouldn't qualify.

As far as a Modern goes, there isn't anything higher in terms of an 'A' cover that isn't a key. This issue is part of a popular modern story arc, but that's it.

30 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, Walking Dead is a key and has a TV show, so it wouldn't qualify.

As far as a Modern goes, there isn't anything higher in terms of an 'A' cover that isn't a key. This issue is part of a popular modern story arc, but that's it.

Even a key, is there anything? I guess this is a key now, $880 makes it one! Walking dead had 1/3 or so the print run a well, were it a DC book it would be like the D list.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

Even a key, is there anything? I guess this is a key now, $880 makes it one! Walking dead had 1/3 or so the print run a well, were it a DC book it would be like the D list.

TWD #1, Captain Marvel #14, etc... Traditionally, TEC 880 is not a key. In the new world of comics, I agree, price determines "key" unfortunately.