• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Have there been any reprints that have caused the originals to go down?

The correct answer is "We don't know". Because there will never be proof that will tie the two. Like, I could say that prices of NM98 dropped in price around the time that the first ever reprint of the book (exact reprint with cover to match) came out a couple years ago but some will argue that's not the reason

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

The correct answer is "We don't know". Because there will never be proof that will tie the two. Like, I could say that prices of NM98 dropped in price around the time that the first ever reprint of the book (exact reprint with cover to match) came out a couple years ago but some will argue that's not the reason

Right, it's somewhat ambiguous. I don't think a Marvel's Greatest, True Believers, etc...have ever shifted the market.
I'm thinking more these new variant reprints of cover art on different stories. Like La Mole and that other garbage store that just makes virgin covers of popular variant and doesn't give the artist anything. Those have not caused a value drop across the board.

23 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

TWD #1, Captain Marvel #14, etc... Traditionally, TEC 880 is not a key. In the new world of comics, I agree, price determines "key" unfortunately.

I guess nyx 3 in 9.8 is a five digit book. Cap marvel 14 is in the $500s. Nyc 3, another one I fished multiples out of the dollar box and quickly sold them. At least I forgot to sell 1 of them.

someone already posted this most likely, but wow, big money for a second print:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rags-1-Antarctic-Press-MATURE-Issue-Comic-Book-First-Print-SOLD-OUT-RARE-NEW/302957038482?epid=19023838007&hash=item4689a58b92:g:ur4AAOSw29Jb6xdi

The original self-published one goes for more and is harder to find, but I am surprised this one is hitting these levels.

1 hour ago, Avi said:

Black hammer sdcc 2016 variant seems pricey, was it like that or did it spike after the movie news

The beginning of this year Black Hammer started to get some new reader buzz. It was semi-popular when it came out, but it didn't translate to value. The SDCC was $5 at the show and was an easy sale of $20 immediately. But really this year is when it started to increase.

32 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

The beginning of this year Black Hammer started to get some new reader buzz. It was semi-popular when it came out, but it didn't translate to value. The SDCC was $5 at the show and was an easy sale of $20 immediately. But really this year is when it started to increase.

Interesting...The 2016 SDCC cover is selling for 120+ with asking prices in 200s now.

On 11/13/2018 at 9:17 AM, the blob said:

Is this possibly a record for a non variant marvel/DC of an a-list character/title? It's not like there was a warehouse fire and 3/4 of the books were destroyed, this book is common enough that I fished 2 nice copies out of the dollar box at the same LCS.

It wasnt common where I was.  The LCS was ordering light on Detectives at the time because not many reserve customers for it, and it sold out the first day.  No one noticed it in Previews when it was solicited, but everyone who saw it in store wanted one.

7 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

It wasnt common where I was.  The LCS was ordering light on Detectives at the time because not many reserve customers for it, and it sold out the first day.  No one noticed it in Previews when it was solicited, but everyone who saw it in store wanted one.

It is an A-list DC book. We can bicker over 40k or 45k or whatever and whether Detective was down a bit in sales during this stretch, it is still plenty of copies in this era and they didn't get trashed. 

2 hours ago, 'Nuff Said! said:

It actually sold for $550. Still a good price though!

14 hours ago, BishopT said:

Black Order #1 1:50 from today seems to be doing really well. I guess not many stores ordered enough to get the ratio variant.

Yeah... But with 1:25,1:50,and up to 1:200 the dealer could re order again. They keep a good amount. The 1:500 and 1:1000 is a different story. Those I find worth it for variant covers. 

1 hour ago, ThorUnleashed said:

Yeah... But with 1:25,1:50,and up to 1:200 the dealer could re order again. They keep a good amount. The 1:500 and 1:1000 is a different story. Those I find worth it for variant covers. 

The highest Black Order went was 1:50.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:32 AM, the blob said:

I guess nyx 3 in 9.8 is a five digit book. Cap marvel 14 is in the $500s. Nyc 3, another one I fished multiples out of the dollar box and quickly sold them. At least I forgot to sell 1 of them.

NYX in 9.8 is a $10,000 book? I don't think so.

33 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

NYX in 9.8 is a $10,000 book? I don't think so.

Well, it's a 6 digit book if you include a couple of zeros after the decimal point. Maybe $10k if cgc ss signed by Stan Lee today.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:23 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sorry to drag this out too long, but the LCS with Batman damned will have a sale this Saturday only for the walking dead, the Batman will be marked down to $50. Is there a preferred cover? Or should I just steer clear?

Steer clear of pentagrams :whatthe: