• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, the blob said:

Well, it wouldn't be profts techinically, necessarily, but more like "getting what you can when you can" which could be a loss or break even, not necessarily a profit

Now that I see my thrift shop I donate to marks their comics $3, I have to wonder whether it is worth having dollar sales threads if I can donate and claim $3 each. Money in a paypal account feels better than turbotax telling me I owe less, but it's all the same.

It might be time to start putting together a donation box while I can still itemize my deductions. I can't go in there with 7 long boxes, but a short box worth, sure.

Now I am questioning my decision to blow out my leftovers at the yard sale for about 30-40 cents each in one big sale.

No they would be profits. Because Divad offers high-grade in-demand books and I'm pretty confident in saying he likely doesn't pay much for them. But instead of selling them for profit at or slightly above the market price he'll sit and wait for the top dollar which often means waiting 6 months and re-listing the book over and over again.

6 hours ago, spreads said:

No, go read the chain of quotes and discussion again.  His comment was criticizing my stance on bringing 50 cent boxes, but he quoted BrotherJ, who's the buyer of the 50 cent boxes.

(shrug) His reply was pretty clearly only a response to Brother J's "Yeah, If I spent hours in front of a dealer pulling books and then put them all back, I'd be pretty much a toolbag." He said nothing about whether or not it was worth it for dealers to bring cheap boxes. Although I'm not sure where he got the "unsorted" part from, since neither of you mentioned that.

5 hours ago, darkstar said:

No they would be profits. Because Divad offers high-grade in-demand books and I'm pretty confident in saying he likely doesn't pay much for them. But instead of selling them for profit at or slightly above the market price he'll sit and wait for the top dollar which often means waiting 6 months and re-listing the book over and over again.

Yeah, but he does get some dizzying results from that approach on $2 books.

I was more thinking if he sold them for the quick buck there wouldn't be profits. Not so much the hot stuff, but the generic stuff he sometimes gets nice prices on where I see the same book in what might be the same shape selling for $2. Sometimes it pays off to hold out. I had a really gorgeous power man iron fist 125. Probably a 9.8. It's the kind of book that might sell for 99 cents one week or go into a bidding war the next. I said F-it, I'll hold out and put it in my store for $30. It sold for $25 or so after a couple of weeks. 

Edited by the blob

Back on track...………..

Infinite Crisis 3 & 5 (especially the Beetle cover of 5) are on fire. Just sold a pair for $40. 3 is the first Jaime Reyes and 5 is the first time he becomes the new Blue Beetle. DC just announced he's in development for a solo movie. 

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

13 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Back on track...………..

Infinite Crisis 3 & 5 (especially the Beetle cover of 5) are on fire. Just sold a pair for $40. 3 is the first Jaime Reyes and 5 is the first time he becomes the new Blue Beetle. DC just announced he's in development for a solo movie. 

There have been a few announcements this week.
Hack / Slash back in the mix with a different group. Is this the third time now?
There will be an all female animated Spider movie. More Spider-Gwen screentime?

Jude Law playing Yon-Rogg in Captain Marvel?

Preacher renewed for Season 4 and Daredevil cancelled.

18 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Back on track...………..

Woohoo just picked up a set of these for 50 cents each last weekend!

19 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Back on track...………..

Sold 3 sets yesterday for 20 each after sitting on them for months. I have a 4th one sitting for 30 not doing much. Im happy 

2 hours ago, Jackhartmann said:

Brooks variant of Uncanny X-men #4 is bin $150 for the 1:100.  Nice Psylocke. Drops next week. 

Auction has one at $56. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCANNY-X-MEN-4-BROOKS-HIDDEN-GEM-VARIANT-1-100-MARVEL-COMICS/123519882979?hash=item1cc25bd6e3:g:S5wAAOSwWrxcAZhz:rk:10:pf:0

Why does she have hooves?

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I think it's the 3rd time for hack slash which is sad as I think it would do well. Cheap production companies keep buying the rights then they go bankrupt. 

This time it's Blumhouse, I think it gets made and made well. I used to have a lot of #1s but finally started purging them in the past year. I still have many of the ongoing series 1st and Image series.

26 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

This time it's Blumhouse, I think it gets made and made well. I used to have a lot of #1s but finally started purging them in the past year. I still have many of the ongoing series 1st and Image series.

Maybe that 1st appearance will get a bump.  

5 hours ago, Jackhartmann said:

Brooks variant of Uncanny X-men #4 is bin $150 for the 1:100.  Nice Psylocke. Drops next week. 

Auction has one at $56. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCANNY-X-MEN-4-BROOKS-HIDDEN-GEM-VARIANT-1-100-MARVEL-COMICS/123519882979?hash=item1cc25bd6e3:g:S5wAAOSwWrxcAZhz:rk:10:pf:0

What’s a fair price on these? Do you see them going up Or down after a few weeks? I haven’t seen many high priced Brooks covers on the bay. 

18 hours ago, Awax said:
18 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Maybe that 1st appearance will get a bump.

I am sure it will. Its very difficult in 9.4 or higher. There are a lot of error copies in the first series as well which will sell well.

They also had 2 books that were pulled from Diamond and had to be sold only by their website so they are harder to find as well from V1.

My memory is alittle short but I think I had this Witnessed back in 2012, long story short CGC notified the Witness, who then notified me asking whether I want to receive a "SS Slab" graded at 0.5 or a "Qualified Slab" designation, Needless to say I was bumed-out. Hopefully the IP goes right into filming, as I'm curious to know what this would go for lately.

Hack Slash Error.jpg