• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dimebag_D said:

My memory is alittle short but I think I had this Witnessed back in 2012, long story short CGC notified the Witness, who then notified me asking whether I want to receive a "SS Slab" graded at 0.5 or a "Qualified Slab" designation, Needless to say I was bumed-out. Hopefully the IP goes right into filming, as I'm curious to know what this would go for lately.

Hack Slash Error.jpg

I have 2 or 3 of that issue. The pages are inverted I thought it was weird as hell until I found another copy with the same issue. I wondered if anyone else had any.

On 11/28/2018 at 8:50 PM, the blob said:
On 11/28/2018 at 3:39 PM, darkstar said:

No they would be profits. Because Divad offers high-grade in-demand books and I'm pretty confident in saying he likely doesn't pay much for them. But instead of selling them for profit at or slightly above the market price he'll sit and wait for the top dollar which often means waiting 6 months and re-listing the book over and over again.

Yeah, but he does get some dizzying results from that approach on $2 books.

I was more thinking if he sold them for the quick buck there wouldn't be profits. Not so much the hot stuff, but the generic stuff he sometimes gets nice prices on where I see the same book in what might be the same shape selling for $2. Sometimes it pays off to hold out.

I'm sure divad's business model will change at some point in time . . . but for now it will stay that of a lazy man. New listings and shipping is work, and between my real job and my family, time is a luxury. :grin: It's a good thing I enjoy it! The thrill of the hunt and the satisfaction of the sale!:whee:

Edited by divad

10 hours ago, divad said:

I'm sure divad's business model will change at some point in time . . . but for now it will stay that of a lazy man. New listings and shipping is work, and between my real job and my family, time is a luxury. :grin: It's a good thing I enjoy it! The thrill of the hunt and the satisfaction of the sale!:whee:

3rd person divad! :)

That’s what I thought. I feel the years biggest surprise was the Spider-Gwen Ghost 1 Hyung Lee Variant. I passed opening week at 189. Then in a couple of days it popped off. 

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll hold picking this one up at its current 200 #. 

Edited by Gotham227
Added quote

On 11/29/2018 at 8:05 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Back on track...………..

Infinite Crisis 3 & 5 (especially the Beetle cover of 5) are on fire. Just sold a pair for $40. 3 is the first Jaime Reyes and 5 is the first time he becomes the new Blue Beetle. DC just announced he's in development for a solo movie. 

Oh FFS. Really? TO THE LONG BOXES!

On 12/3/2018 at 1:31 AM, FlyingDonut said:

Oh FFS. Really? TO THE LONG BOXES!

Yup. Spent about an hour the other day going through misc. boxes in my attic to find that I only have one copy of #3 and no #5s. Thankfully, I found another #3 at 2nC later that day and still haven't found a #5. I may list one of my #3s but I'm not sure if this is a hold or not...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I assume it's because you put it as Blue Beetle (Reyes)? so there was more than one Blue Beetle? I think that I got it now....

It all stems from a comic spec media outlet (that's a really nice way to say it) reporting the "news" with those issues identified as the key issues.  They were selling the issues as a pair last time I checked on eBay.  The spec market is bannanas right now.  

1 hour ago, Nico Esq said:

There was also reports that Valkyrie was getting looked at for her own film in phase 4 but this was quickly overshadowed by a definitive statement regarding the future of Shang-Chi as a film property.  I'm not sure where the Valyrie news came from.  This was first reported after her character did not appear in Avengers 4.  Nevertheless, her first appearnce and key variant cover spiked.    

There is nothing substantial about the recent Valkyrie news. The actress said she wanted a movie with the director of Creed II. There are actors all the time saying they want to play this or that character. Doesn't mean anything.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/11/28/creed-ii-director-steven-caple-jr-valkyrie-movie-tessa-thompson/

50 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Reyes again!!!!  First he was 3rd Ghost Rider, Now a 3rd Blue Beetle...Such an unoriginal .  

Blue Beetle Reyes was first. One is DC, one is Marvel.

10 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

There is nothing substantial about the recent Valkyrie news. The actress said she wanted a movie with the director of Creed II. There are actors all the time saying they want to play this or that character. Doesn't mean anything.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/11/28/creed-ii-director-steven-caple-jr-valkyrie-movie-tessa-thompson/

Blue Beetle Reyes was first. One is DC, one is Marvel.

Blue Beetle

1.Dan Garret; 

2. Ted Kord;

3. Jaime Reyes.. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Jaydee

6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
   1 hour ago, Nico Esq said:

There was also reports that Valkyrie was getting looked at for her own film in phase 4 but this was quickly overshadowed by a definitive statement regarding the future of Shang-Chi as a film property.  I'm not sure where the Valyrie news came from.  This was first reported after her character did not appear in Avengers 4.  Nevertheless, her first appearnce and key variant cover spiked.    

I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the "news" source that he did report based upon that old article.  If that is the source of his reporting, I am very disappointed by the reporting.  He has been dead on with some of his stuff before it hit other press sources so, I'll continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Only time will tell.  I, of course, remain very cautious about actually spending money on this character as a potential spec/invest opportunity.