• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:
19 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yes, but it's not as sexy in the group shot.

And the character is not in either book.

But, I guess if people are paying are paying $30 for Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #0, you can convince them to buy those.

Agreed there is a certain portion of our hobby that will buy anything that is fed to them.

On 12/8/2018 at 12:30 PM, ygogolak said:

And the character is not in either book.

But, I guess if people are paying are paying $30 for Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #0, you can convince them to buy those.

Peoe are paying big for madhouse 27 and sabrina is only on the cover, I think. Admittedly it is a 55 year old book and sabrina has been in popular culture a long time and it is her first cover (I shouldn't be plugging it if I don't own one yet, but the cat's already out of the bag)

Edited by the blob

On 12/7/2018 at 11:08 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I turned down the opportunity to buy IC #3 and #5 for $5 each on Wednesday. Just couldn't bring myself to do it.

$1? Heck yeah. $5? Pass.

$15 flips not worth your time? Or do you figure by the time your press and slab was done 9.8s would only be $15?

5 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Definitely not worth the time, after all costs figured in.

$5 into a $20 sale can be a close call. There is always the risk a book like that cools off after 3 days and you have a $1 book.

8 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Definitely not worth the time, after all costs figured in.

Aside from 13% for fees and a minute listing the book, and 5 minutes packing it, what are the costs? But I get focusing on higher end or slabbing to get a $100+ 9.8, and with these books there is a risk it will take too long to get back from cgc.

Edited by the blob

54 minutes ago, the blob said:

Aside from 13% for fees and a minute listing the book, and 5 minutes packing it, what are the costs? But I get focusing on higher end or slabbing to get a $100+ 9.8, and with these books there is a risk it will take too long to get back from cgc.

How do you list a book in a minute? Assuming you're going to provide decent images support a high-grade claim?

5 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

How do you list a book in a minute? Assuming you're going to provide decent images support a high-grade claim?

That's how fast the pros like Donut can list them! Anyway, half the listings on eBay are phone photos, doing a listing with those can be done in a minute. 

My office/scanner copier does a scan in 10 seconds. The process is slowed because I have to get the image off an email it sends me. So 90 seconds of we're really rolling.

Edited by the blob

6 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I don't know about Donut or blob but I scan all my books upon acquisition so they are ready to go at a moments notice. Pop them into a template, update a little text and boom auction listed. So a minute is about right if you plan ahead.

11 hours ago, the blob said:

5 minutes? It takes me half an hour to properly pack, get online to purchase the shipping, print out and attach the paid label, and schedule pickup.  If it's a $15 profit (minus 13% for fees), that's $13.05... this really is just working overtime for some lunch money. hm

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

5 minutes? It takes me half an hour to properly pack, get online to purchase the shipping, print out and attach the paid label, and schedule pickup.  If it's a $15 profit (minus 13% for fees), that's $13.05... this really is just working overtime for some lunch money. hm

Right, and this is 5 minutes that has been refined and perfected over practice where the average packaging rate would have been much higher....I think for me, I wouldn't list anything under $25/30 for a single item (but that could be because I have lots of higher-priced stuff yet to be listed).

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

You're doing it wrong.

3 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

You can make $12 in 5 minutes. That's $144 per hour with no risk, not sure why you wouldn't do it.

Because 1. I can make "$12" once. Therefore, it's not "$144 per hour." 2. It's not $12. 3. It's not 5 minutes. 4. My time is better and more efficiently spent elsewhere.

Show me the scenario where I can repeat that $12, over and over again, and now you've got a proposition.

8 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Because 1. I can make "$12" once. Therefore, it's not "$144 per hour." 2. It's not $12. 3. It's not 5 minutes. 4. My time is better and more efficiently spent elsewhere.

Show me the scenario where I can repeat that $12, over and over again, and now you've got a proposition.

You've just described the Donut Business Model...our slogan the Flying Donut Trading Company, making an incremental twelve bucks per transaction since 1997!