• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Well, over 50 copies of Batman Shadow of the Bat 1 sold today on ebay

First Victor Zsasz, who was cast for Birds of Prey flick today. 

Too bad that's about .000023627% of the total available copies out there in $1 boxes. 

Yeah people claiming its his debut on the big screen, forgetting about that little Batman Begins film, I guess...

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Too bad that's about .000023627% of the total available copies out there in $1 boxes. 

I'm RICH!!!

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

BSOTB #83 seems a bit hotter 1st Huntress as Batgirl. hm

8 hours ago, divad said:

BSOTB #83 seems a bit hotter 1st Huntress as Batgirl. hm

58 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Need to search by date and there is only 1 sale over the last week.  Not what I'd call hot.  The other one is definitely selling books!

LOL, first exposure to a Divad search?

Also look for:

Legends of the Dark Knight #120

Batman #567

These have been hot of a while now.

14 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Now see...?

I have a problem with you posting this here when there are 2 other perfect threads where this book clearly belongs

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

LOL, first exposure to a Divad search?

If it's not sorted by price, it's meaningless.  :banana:  Who cares if they sold yesterday or within the last 60 days? :acclaim:The purpose is to determine the price range, not the freshness. You're not buying or selling fish.:sumo:

Or maybe you are . . . :sick:

Edited by divad

10 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Need to search by date and there is only 1 sale over the last week.  Not what I'd call hot.  The other one is definitely selling books!

Small thoughts and no imagination.

12 hours ago, divad said:

If it's not sorted by price, it's meaningless.  :banana:  Who cares if they sold yesterday or within the last 60 days? :acclaim:The purpose is to determine the price range, not the freshness. You're not buying or selling fish.:sumo:

Or maybe you are . . . :sick:

That may have been fine 10 years ago when people used OSPG to determine value. With this thing called the "internet", books are hot one week and cold the next once the next flashy thing comes along.

With your method, Spider-Gwen Ghost Spider 1:100 variant is a $1,000 book.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=spider+gwen+ghost+1+variant&_sacat=63&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=16

When in fact the last copy sold for less than 50% of that.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=spider+gwen+ghost+1+variant&_sacat=63&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=13

13 hours ago, divad said:

Small thoughts and no imagination.

Your method could show a book was hot 3 months ago and this thread is about what is hot right now.  The high price is possible (which I think is your business model) but to deam a book is hot you really need to have quite a few sales fairly recently especially in the current fast pace market.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Your method could show a book was hot 3 months ago and this thread is about what is hot right now.  The high price is possible (which I think is your business model) but to deam a book is hot you really need to have quite a few sales fairly recently especially in the current fast pace market.

However, I don't buy or sell fish - not a monger.  Yes, I get what you're saying . . .  just not my gig. We all approach things differently.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

That may have been fine 10 years ago when people used OSPG to determine value. With this thing called the "internet", books are hot one week and cold the next once the next flashy thing comes along.

With your method, Spider-Gwen Ghost Spider 1:100 variant is a $1,000 book.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=spider+gwen+ghost+1+variant&_sacat=63&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=16

When in fact the last copy sold for less than 50% of that.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=spider+gwen+ghost+1+variant&_sacat=63&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=13

WTF is a Spider-Gwen? :baiting: You know I don't buy that stuff. And listen sonny, the internet isn't new:preach: It's been around since you were what? 10? lol

15 minutes ago, divad said:

WTF is a Spider-Gwen? :baiting: You know I don't buy that stuff. And listen sonny, the internet isn't new:preach: It's been around since you were what? 10? lol

Why are you commenting in the Moderns then :makepoint:

Yes, around then. I had to use the AOL CD to get and connect to the internet.

15 minutes ago, divad said:

However, I don't buy or sell fish - not a monger.  Yes, I get what you're saying . . .  just not my gig. We all approach things differently.

That's fine for when you're selling, but this thread is about what's heating up, which means higher volume of sales and/or prices than in the past.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Why are you commenting in the Moderns then :makepoint:

Yes, around then. I had to use the AOL CD to get and connect to the internet.

lol

Because the hobby hasn't got off its collective butt and still considers everything after 1993 "Moderns." :makepoint:

Edited by divad