• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Vietnam67 said:
16 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I like the character, but its just too way overproduced for me. Too many covers.

Issue 2 sales will tell how oversold it was.

FastBall, I'm curious, Any Modern Aqua Man's Heating up your aware of?

I wouldn't touch anything modern from Aquaman except maybe the Severed hand issue for $1
for pure speculation and maybe some DC Universe variants. There just isn't a built in audience with 
Aquaman stick to Silver Age keys.

6 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I wouldn't touch anything modern from Aquaman except maybe the Severed hand issue for $1
for pure speculation and maybe some DC Universe variants. There just isn't a built in audience with 
Aquaman stick to Silver Age keys.

Ok, I appreciate it, Thx!

On 12/14/2018 at 12:00 PM, the blob said:

But not much interest for relatively early "Y" issues beyond 1 and 2, etc. When WD became a $900-$1000 book so many other issues got hot and I think that was even before the show . Heck, the whole run, but I guess that is almost unique, although Preacher books from 2 - 15 or so had a little momentum for a bit, all of the first Deadpool regular series. But I guess everything has its own trajectory.

Indeed, except that YTLM and Preacher are great series, regardless of value. :sumo:

I dare you to read one and not read them ALL. :grin:

Edited by divad

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Great book. One of the very few Moderns that sells because of the importance of story. Or, more the creative team. Probably a little to do with the cover too, but not like 880.

Speaking of Tec 880.... a copy sold for $900 a couple days ago.  That was a new all time high.

-J.

11 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Teen Titans 12 has seen a bump.

The new series is selling for cover or less.

Yep, saw 9.8’s back in the $325-350 range again. Will be interesting to see where Snyder takes the BWL. In continuity story and has been setting up the story in his Justice League run as well. 

6 hours ago, divad said:

Indeed, except that YTLM and Preacher are great series, regardless of value. :sumo:

I dare you to read one and not read them ALL. :grin:

I remember Preacher being hot in the 90s, but I was just a kid, so meant nothing to me. Recently got the whole series on a great Comixology sale and binged it all over a month, reading a few issues per day. Awesome series and something I can definitely appreciate now. Have since gotten all of Ennis’ Punisher Max run also and it’s also been fantastic. 

12 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Great book. One of the very few Moderns that sells because of the importance of story. Or, more the creative team. Probably a little to do with the cover too, but not like 880.

Gogo, Whats the Black Mirror about in that issue?

21 hours ago, Vietnam67 said:

Detective 871 seems to moving a little

Why do you say that?  I have a live auction for a CGC 9.8 copy up and I think I'm going to get my head kicked in on this auction.  lol  I thought there would be renewed interest in this book in light of all the heat on Snyder's BWL title, but I'm not seeing many recent sales for this book on eBay.  Am I missing something (I do that a lot)?  

Please don't get me wrong, I love this book for my PC and will keep my PC copy for the long haul.  The Black Mirror is one of my favorite Batman runs ever (Snyder is the Batman writer of our time and the Court of Owls will be a movie plot), and I think this book remains grossly undervalued by collectors.  But, I don't think this book is heating up at all and I think I'm basically going to end up giving this book away in my auction.  :tonofbricks:   

Batman Damned 2 seems like a non-mover. Still sitting on my local rack. It's a beautiful looking book, but I don't want to spend $7 on it. Lighthouse said he cut his orders for #2 based on no second print of #1 being available and the likelihood of fewer actual readers, but it does not seem that was the norm.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

Batman Damned 2 seems like a non-mover. Still sitting on my local rack. It's a beautiful looking book, but I don't want to spend $7 on it. Lighthouse said he cut his orders for #2 based on no second print of #1 being available and the likelihood of fewer actual readers, but it does not seem that was the norm.

Harley is on the cover, so maybe we will see something we haven't seen before? hm

57 minutes ago, the blob said:

no batwang, no heat

Edited by Second Blight