• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I have a NM BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #1 Foil Cover 1st PRINT.  Think I should sell it now or just wait to see how popular he gets?   Don't really need the money but wondering if the fad will fizzle out...

What foil cover? Can you post an image?

oh...Do you mean the one shot?

Edited by Avi

On 12/18/2018 at 10:50 AM, comicartfan said:

That was my copy and while I listed it at $1300 so it wouldn't sell, I got the $900 offer and couldn't resist...

dscott's selling the full run from Snyder's collection for $1k (unsigned or signed) at the moment if you wanna roll the dice and hope for another 9.8.

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but a crazy sale just happened for a batman/Grendel silver moon.  I find it very hard to believe it's as rare as advertised, I've owned two separate copies at different times...

Only 3 total CGC graded. One that sold was the other guys. I was watching it too and am more confused why someone would auction it. Have to hope two people who have the cash have it on their saved searches. Only one bidder and they have 30 feedback.

A reminder (that I might have posted before) to not always sell something immediately the second it starts to get hot (feedback left for me):

Awesome book, professional packaging, and great communication....THANK YOU !!!
r***s ( 423Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)
More than a year ago
  NYX 3 FIRST APPEARANCE OF X-23 WOLVERINE'S DAUGHTER (#230235568567) US $8.99

18 hours ago, the blob said:

At least it wasn't $8.99 with free shipping. A few months ago I found another copy I fished out of a dollar box I thankfully forgot to sell.

Hindsight is 20/20, everyone here will have a comic which exploded in price after they sold it.  That Batman ashcan I mentioned above, I sold two copies at two different times, each for a fraction of this last sale.  

On 12/20/2018 at 11:15 AM, spreads said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but a crazy sale just happened for a batman/Grendel silver moon.  I find it very hard to believe it's as rare as advertised, I've owned two separate copies at different times...

It isn't 25 copies rare as I've owned 2 copies as well. 

5 hours ago, spreads said:

Hindsight is 20/20, everyone here will have a comic which exploded in price after they sold it.  That Batman ashcan I mentioned above, I sold two copies at two different times, each for a fraction of this last sale.  

This is my biggest blunder. At least I got $35-65 for the Tec 880s. 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:53 PM, the blob said:
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, spreads said:

This is my biggest blunder. At least I got $35-65 for the Tec 880s. 

Everybody has these blunders. No one gets it right every time no matter what someone on here tells you. 

My Tec 880 sold raw right around $175 and it was a hard sell a few months back I had it listed for 2 months. 
Now that would be an easy sale. Top dollar is never my goal. Moving inventory is.

On 2/17/2015 at 9:02 PM, Flatliner1313 said:

WonderCC is another one that cancels orders constantly.

Them and MPalish are the 2 worst offenders.

I came to the boards specifically to run a search on "wondercc" to find out if they have a history of backing out of sales. Looks like they do. [follow-up: see later message for conclusion of this story]

Right now they *seem to be* backing out on a comic they sold me, but they're saying it's lost in the mail, and saying that sometimes comics gets lost in the mail and never returned to them -- so they'll have to just give me a refund. They had a tracking number but a search on the number shows that the package never arrived at their local post office. So in other words, it looks like they decided they didn't want to sell the comic, but they created a tracking number without shipping so there would be a plausible deniability, and then they kept the comic (to sell later at a higher price, perhaps) with the intention of refunding the buyer (me) down the line.

Of course, if I'm wrong and the comic shows up in a week or so (already been 3 weeks), then I'll eat all the above words.

Edited by Doohickamabob

6 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Everybody has these blunders. No one gets it right every time no matter what someone on here tells you. 

My Tec 880 sold raw right around $175 and it was a hard sell a few months back I had it listed for 2 months. 
Now that would be an easy sale. Top dollar is never my goal. Moving inventory is.

Yup, I have been picking the wrong books to sell early on eBay since 1999. I get it right sometimes though.

6 hours ago, october said:

If selling a Nyx 3 too early was my biggest blunder I would be dancing in the streets.

Well, in terms of how little I got for it. Selling my 5.0 brave and bold 28 for $750 in about 2008 was a bigger $ hit, but it was at least real money at the time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/123544712225

I think this is a record for the condition (raw 8.5): $471 for Hellboy: The Fury #3 virgin variant.

Here is the Dark Horse note (through Diamond) on the book: Match or exceed your orders for issue #1 (minimum of 20 copies, orders under 20 do not qualify) on issue #3 and receive 1 ultra rare issue #3 cover by Mike Mignola.)

Edited by valiantman

13 hours ago, valiantman said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/123544712225

I think this is a record for the condition (raw 8.5): $471 for Hellboy: The Fury #3 virgin variant.

Here is the Dark Horse note (through Diamond) on the book: Match or exceed your orders for issue #1 (minimum of 20 copies, orders under 20 do not qualify) on issue #3 and receive 1 ultra rare issue #3 cover by Mike Mignola.)