• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, ThorUnleashed said:

UNCANNY X-MEN (2018 MARVEL) #1 VARIANT 1:200 FINCH VIRGIN I feel is heating up. I see it selling for $50-$70. What you all think?

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:03 AM, ThorUnleashed said:
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:37 PM, Juno Beach said:

$50-70 for a 1:200 doesn't sound that hot. 

I got it for $12. Hot in my perspective loll

What was it selling at before?  Has the price been going up over time? 

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
15 minutes ago, revat said:

What was it selling at before?  Has the price been going up over time? 

One just sold for $20. For a 1:200.....

so its like heating up, except the opposite.

On 1/1/2019 at 7:14 PM, Vietnam67 said:

Make sure you leave them NEGATIVE FEEDBACK! For what they did to ya sir!

Funny, the guy is now completely contradicting his story. First it was one story, now it's a revised story. First it's a valid tracking and item sent; now it's an invalid tracking and shipping level was never created.  Bizarre. I've never been given the run-around like this before. The entire thing is suspicious. Of course, again, if the seller makes it right and does the right thing, I'll gladly admit that I overreacted and was wrong.

Just picked up a CBCS 9.8 Southern Bastards #1 (HeroesCon Variant) for $100 plus shipping.  I'm planning to submit it for a crossover :).  I'm expecting this book to continue heating up as we get closer to the show on FX.  I thought issues of Scalped might also heat up, but it looks like that tv series may be in jeopardy.  At least Scalped #43 has potential thanks to the 1st appearance of Earl Tubbs from Southern Bastards.

Edited by Serpentor

2 hours ago, Serpentor said:

Just picked up a CBCS 9.8 Southern Bastards #1 (HeroesCon Variant) for $100 plus shipping.  I'm planning to submit it for a crossover :).  I'm expecting this book to continue heating up as we get closer to the show on FX.  I thought issues of Scalped might also heat up, but it looks like that tv series may be in jeopardy.  At least Scalped #43 has potential thanks to the 1st appearance of Earl Tubbs from Southern Bastards.

:facepalm:

21 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

:facepalm:

Why the face palm?  It's the toughest cover and rarely pops up on ebay.  When it does, it seems to be going up in value based on what I have observed (this version, not all covers).  It's not setting the woods on fire like some other major modern keys, but it seems to be on an upward trajectory.  I thought this thread was about uncovering gems that are due to breakout, not pointing them out after they have peaked.

Even if the show idea fizzles, there is also talk of a movie.  The property is on Hollywood's radar.

Edited by Serpentor

3 minutes ago, Serpentor said:

Why the face palm?  It's the toughest cover and rarely pops up on ebay.  When it does, it seems to be going up in value based on what I have observed (this version, not all covers).  It's not setting the woods on fire like some other major modern keys, but it seems to be on an upward trajectory.  I thought this thread was about uncovering gems that are due to breakout, not pointing them out after they have peaked.

Even if the show idea fizzles, there is also talk of a movie.  The property is on Hollywood's radar.

PM sent

3 minutes ago, Serpentor said:

Yeah, its a good book if the show takes off. I bought it pretty cheap and got it signed a couple years ago (there was show buzz then too). I got some cover A #1's pretty cheap but won't get those signed unless there is movement on the show.

This is one of those that just has buzz that seems to always fizzle. The problem with it is that Hollywood is all about "high concept" and this one really isn't. Its a great read and I like the story, but doesn't really have the "hook" Hollywood wants. I think thats why it hasn't gotten made yet.

High concept being something with a hook thats pretty unique and if you tell somebody the plot in a sentence or two, most think it's interesting.

Ex. "A chemistry teacher finds out he has cancer and starts to make meth to make money for his family."

If you read the logline or description of Southern Bastards, it just sounds too similar to something you've seen before ("Walking Tall", "Friday Night Lights").

9 minutes ago, Serpentor said:

This thread can be about whatever you want it to be about and I'm just excited that someone is happy about a purchase!  Don't get me wrong, I can't say that I'm necessarily out here buying Southern Bastards con variants, but I buy some crazy (e.g., recently purchased a couple raw Cowboy Ninja Viking No. 1's, a bunch of raw Warrior magazines, a lot of early raw Chew books, etc.).  I do my best to give people the benefit of the doubt in written conversations especially.  I assume ygogolak was concerned that you were an uninformed buyer who was under some misimpression about the future of the Southern Bastards FX show and was concerned that you had been misinformed.  I hope that book takes off.  I legit just threw a bunch of Southern Bastards issues in my two dollar box in the last 60 days or so.  It seems that the series has really cooled off, but everyone has a different perspective.  That's one of many things that makes comics and speculation awesome.  Thank you for sharing.    

3 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:

This thread can be about whatever you want it to be about and I'm just excited that someone is happy about a purchase!  Don't get me wrong, I can't say that I'm necessarily out here buying Southern Bastards con variants, but I buy some crazy (e.g., recently purchased a couple raw Cowboy Ninja Viking No. 1's, a bunch of raw Warrior magazines, a lot of early raw Chew books, etc.).  I do my best to give people the benefit of the doubt in written conversations especially.  I assume ygogolak was concerned that you were an uninformed buyer who was under some misimpression about the future of the Southern Bastards FX show and was concerned that you had been misinformed.  I hope that book takes off.  I legit just threw a bunch of Southern Bastards issues in my two dollar box in the last 60 days or so.  It seems that the series has really cooled off, but everyone has a different perspective.  That's one of many things that makes comics and speculation awesome.  Thank you for sharing.    

I liked the concept and some pages I saw online, read about the interest from Hollywood, and figured it's good for the tv/movie treatment eventually.  After learning a bit more through pm, I think the facepalm was due to misinformation that is out there about Scalped #43.  Some legitimate collecting sites have it listed as the first appearance of Earl Tubb, but I now believe they are wrong.  I'm probably going to pick up the rest of the series at some point just because it sounds very interesting.  I won't regret having this cover in 9.8, even if it is coming to a very slow boil versus blasting off.  I've been holding Valiant keys for decades, and only now are they really heating up.

If you have copies capable of 9.8 with/without a press, I may be interested.

25 minutes ago, Serpentor said:

I liked the concept and some pages I saw online, read about the interest from Hollywood, and figured it's good for the tv/movie treatment eventually.  After learning a bit more through pm, I think the facepalm was due to misinformation that is out there about Scalped #43.  Some legitimate collecting sites have it listed as the first appearance of Earl Tubb, but I now believe they are wrong.  I'm probably going to pick up the rest of the series at some point just because it sounds very interesting.  I won't regret having this cover in 9.8, even if it is coming to a very slow boil versus blasting off.  I've been holding Valiant keys for decades, and only now are they really heating up.

If you have copies capable of 9.8 with/without a press, I may be interested.

It's more of a protype of Earl Tubbs to be precise but it's still a valuable find and an important book to Southern Bastards fans now regarless.   

33 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

legitimate collecting sites

sounds like a oxymoron to me.  

(shrug) There definitely are legitimate collecting sites.

However, I assume the "information" didn't come from any of those, but rather one of the legions of terrible speculation sites that might have a chance of properly identifying the first appearance of Spider-Man.