• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

(shrug) There definitely are legitimate collecting sites.

However, I assume the "information" didn't come from any of those, but rather one of the legions of terrible speculation sites that might have a chance of properly identifying the first appearance of Spider-Man.

Right. Journey into Mystery 73.

1 hour ago, Serpentor said:

Why the face palm?  It's the toughest cover and rarely pops up on ebay.  When it does, it seems to be going up in value based on what I have observed (this version, not all covers).  It's not setting the woods on fire like some other major modern keys, but it seems to be on an upward trajectory.  I thought this thread was about uncovering gems that are due to breakout, not pointing them out after they have peaked.

Even if the show idea fizzles, there is also talk of a movie.  The property is on Hollywood's radar.

Don't let it worry you - ygoglak can be a jerk sometimes

2 hours ago, Serpentor said:

Why the face palm?  It's the toughest cover and rarely pops up on ebay.  When it does, it seems to be going up in value based on what I have observed (this version, not all covers).  It's not setting the woods on fire like some other major modern keys, but it seems to be on an upward trajectory.  I thought this thread was about uncovering gems that are due to breakout, not pointing them out after they have peaked.

Even if the show idea fizzles, there is also talk of a movie.  The property is on Hollywood's radar.

That's not Earl Tubs in Scalped. Creators have said as much. He was just kind of an inspiration.

I really like the book personally. They shot themselves in the foot with all the delays.

Edited by ygogolak

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

That's not Earl Tubs in Scalped. Creators have said as much. He was just kind of an inspiration.

I really like the book personally. They shot themselves in the foot with all the delays.

Isn't Scalped #43 the first time Latour and Aaron worked together?

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:
50 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I have absolutely no idea what's going on here anymore

There hasn't been this much action in one day in a long time! That's what!

And happy bday!

:whee:

Southern Bastards is a really great story. To me, it is about as well written as a non-superhero comic can be written. It feels like the guys making the book truly “get” the south. If you read the Southern Bastards thread, you’ll find that many of us loved it. The problem is, it comes out on a very irregular basis and people have very short attention spans. Lose them for a month, you might lose a good portion of your readers. Lose them for 6 months ? You’ll have only the hardcore readers. Almost all of the speculators are gone. 

With all that said, your post probably would have for better in the pre speculation thread...and you aren’t alone. I’ve purchased over 20 each of the A cover and the DCBS cover in the last year. TV show or not, this book is special. 👍

Edited by the authority

21 minutes ago, the authority said:

Southern Bastards is a really great story. To me, it is about as well written as a non-superhero comic can be written. It feels like the guys making the book truly “get” the south. If you read the Southern Bastards thread, you’ll find that many of us loved it. The problem is, it comes out on a very irregular basis and people have very short attention spans. Lose them for a month, you might lose a good portion of your readers. Lose them for 6 months ? You’ll have only the hardcore readers. Almost all of the speculators are gone. 

With all that said, your post probably would have for better in the pre speculation thread...and you aren’t alone. I’ve purchased over 20 each of the A cover and the DCBS cover in the last year. TV show or not, this book is special. 👍

:gossip: based on the frequency it has been put out, I would have to say Nailbiter was better. Really liking The Weatherman now too.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

:gossip: based on the frequency it has been put out, I would have to say Nailbiter was better. Really liking The Weatherman now too.

I have a big stack of Nailbiter #1s too. Haven’t read Weatherman. Is this the Weatherman from Stormwatch or something else ?

8 hours ago, the authority said:

I'm still a bit of a noob on these forums.  I've posted a bit, but I still have a lot of exploring to do.  I agree about this book.  It is special, and the concept will be put on a screen somewhere eventually.

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I will have to take a look at these.

46 minutes ago, Serpentor said:

I'm still a bit of a noob on these forums.  I've posted a bit, but I still have a lot of exploring to do.  I agree about this book.  It is special, and the concept will be put on a screen somewhere eventually.

I will have to take a look at these.

Thanks for posting!