• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I'm just waiting for Moon Knight to break out... Love his stuff

He will....it's just a matter of time.  It will need a pretty good creative team to make it come to fruition though....this character, if not done well, will be a real turn-off for the masses.

20 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:
20 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I'm just waiting for Moon Knight to break out... Love his stuff

He will....it's just a matter of time.  It will need a pretty good creative team to make it come to fruition though....this character, if not done well, will be a real turn-off for the masses.

Heard this for a couple of decades on Moon Knight. Maybe Cates can bring the speculators along for awhile, but
this guy has been rebooted more time then I can count. They all ended the same. I could be wrong, but the character's history paints a bad picture.

Edited by fastballspecial

18 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Heard this for a couple of decades on Moon Knight. Maybe Cates can bring the speculators along for awhile, but
this guy has been rebooted more time then I can count. They all ended the same. I could be wrong, but the character's history paints a bad picture.

You typed before I could. I never trust that he will get over with the people. I don't care which incarnation, which creator, etc. I wonder what the record is for most reboots/cancelled series only to FINALLY gain a following?

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I am not bullish anymore on Avenging Spider-man 9 now. I think
the book is reaching a saturation point now until we see the movie.
So Hold on that book.

Thank you for this input... I have been following recent sales and listings and it seems to be slumping before the release of the movie, so I wasn't sure if now would be a good time to let go of one of my raw copies. I was leaning towards holding them, anyway.

Also, some things I've noticed;

Monstress #1 2nd print still doing well, recent sales over $100.

I just sold a copy of Sheriff of Babylon #1 for $30, so there's still demand for this great (but seemingly forgotten) story. I think this could make a great Kathryn Bigelow style war drama.

I've also recently sold copies of Darth Vader #3 (vol. 1), Vengeance #1, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1, and 52 Week Eleven in the last handful of days, all for anywhere from $16 to $25 per.

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Captain Marvel has 9 volumes and Ms. Marvel has 4 volumes....so far. And I heard something about a movie?

12 hours ago, BishopT said:

Thank you for this input... I have been following recent sales and listings and it seems to be slumping before the release of the movie, so I wasn't sure if now would be a good time to let go of one of my raw copies. I was leaning towards holding them, anyway.

Also, some things I've noticed;

Monstress #1 2nd print still doing well, recent sales over $100.

I just sold a copy of Sheriff of Babylon #1 for $30, so there's still demand for this great (but seemingly forgotten) story. I think this could make a great Kathryn Bigelow style war drama.

I've also recently sold copies of Darth Vader #3 (vol. 1), Vengeance #1, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1, and 52 Week Eleven in the last handful of days, all for anywhere from $16 to $25 per.

Tom King said on Twitter that he was meeting with a studio. He doesn't have much that could really be optioned besides Sheriff, so that was speculated on and probably accounts for the rise in price.
However, there are very recent rumors that his Mister Miracle could be used for the New Gods movie, so maybe that was what his meeting was about.

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Tom King said on Twitter that he was meeting with a studio. He doesn't have much that could really be optioned besides Sheriff, so that was speculated on and probably accounts for the rise in price.
However, there are very recent rumors that his Mister Miracle could be used for the New Gods movie, so maybe that was what his meeting was about.

So, he just walked down the hall to the DC Cinematic division and talked about New Gods and that sent speculators into a fury? lol 

Edited by kimik

15 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

well I hope people buy my sets of MM then, I waited for the whole series to come out but should have sold after issue 6 as the final price is less now than it was then. I sold some sets of 16 or 1-8 for $80 or so and cannot move the 1-12 for $60!

56 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Captain Marvel has 9 volumes and Ms. Marvel has 4 volumes....so far. And I heard something about a movie?

Not a real accurate comparison. Marvel the last few years reboots for anything. How many years was it between the first two series of Ms. Marvel? Moon knight is not in the same league not even close.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Not a real accurate comparison. Marvel the last few years reboots for anything. How many years was it between the first two series of Ms. Marvel? Moon knight is not in the same league not even close.

Black Panther, 7 volumes.

It is an accurate comparison because Moon Knight has had 3 reboots in the last 5 years. We have seen time and time again that the only similarities between the comics and the movies are the name of the characters. Besides Watchmen, the movies don't follow the comics.

40 minutes ago, Lobo1969 said:

Something happening with 377 in general? I see a lot of interest in the HTF 3rd print for sure.

There's talk that Professor Hulk (Hulk with Banner's brain) will be in Avengers #4.

As far as Mister Miracle, I'd be watching issue #9 (along with the previously mentioned Mister Miracle #1, 2, 4 & 6). It just makes too much sense that they would be adapting that story to start off the New Gods Universe.

Edited by boomtown
Sorry, the Mister Miracles are BRONZE Age...

1 hour ago, boomtown said:

There's talk that Professor Hulk (Hulk with Banner's brain) will be in Avengers #4.

As far as Mister Miracle, I'd be watching issue #9 (along with the previously mentioned Mister Miracle #1, 2, 4 & 6). It just makes too much sense that they would be adapting that story to start off the New Gods Universe.

News came out on Mister Miracle today.

Edited by ygogolak

2 hours ago, kimik said:

Awesome news that Hulk #377 is hot again. I landed a stack a couple of years back in a collection and they have sat in my $1/$2 boxes with no takers. lol 

I've always bought 377 whenever I see it but I usually don't see it in the dollar box. 

14 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I've always bought 377 whenever I see it but I usually don't see it in the dollar box. 

I finally got smart after selling a dozen or so in my $2 stock as soon as I restocked them. I marked them up to $5. Sold. $8. Sold. $10. Sold. Next week is my first show where I'll try them at $12 (and gladly accept $10) as stock is getting low and I don't find them by the stacks in .50/$1 boxes anymore.