• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not to pry, but I got one, are you saying this is more a turnover thing? (Some think flip is a dirty word)

I didn't go for Batman damned #1 because that was, imo, silly, but this one I was going to hold...

I'm not too familiar, will no one remember this book if A) it doesn't get recalled? B) does?

It seems people are basically talking about this book because it's a Women in Refrigerators sort of thing, and the book that that controversy is named after is 25 years old and doesn't go for much

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It seems people are basically talking about this book because it's a Women in Refrigerators sort of thing, and the book that that controversy is named after is 25 years old and doesn't go for much

Thanks, I can understand if it gets recalled that it might survive in memory longer as it would be on a CGC label. But since it hasn't been yet, it's the unknown that has me spell bound lol

12 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That's a legit undervalued book in my humble opinion.  There's a sweet UPC variant too that I think was sold in 3 packs at Toys R Us exclusively that is important.  I think that this is the kind of stuff that people are going to want (much like pre-code horror) in the future.  

On 1/21/2019 at 8:15 PM, fastballspecial said:

Keep in mind some Walmarts just don't carry those 100 Page Giants. Of the 7 locally only 4 of them
carry those books in my area. All of them had them at the beginning and some still have them while
others dropped order them.

Has anyone seen these at Canadian locations yet?

13 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

Has anyone seen these at Canadian locations yet?

I bought five this morning.........:baiting:

Just kidding. I looked for them when we hit Walmart for work Christmas exchange gifts and was told none of the Canadian stores carry them.

Edited by kimik

8 minutes ago, kimik said:

I bought five this morning.........:baiting:

Just kidding. I looked for them when we hit Walmart for work Christmas exchange gifts and was told none of the Canadian stores carry them.

Walmart is just not in my wheelhouse for buying.... anything!

3 hours ago, kimik said:

My wife buys garbage bags there every so often since they fit our main household garbage can the best. (thumbsu

If one stops shopping at Walmart then one has much less worry about garbage accumulating in their household. ;)

On January 22, 2019 at 11:34 AM, Nico Esq said:

That's a legit undervalued book in my humble opinion.  There's a sweet UPC variant too that I think was sold in 3 packs at Toys R Us exclusively that is important.  I think that this is the kind of stuff that people are going to want (much like pre-code horror) in the future.  

What's the 25-year-old book you guys are referencing? I either forgot or never knew! Sorry for slight derail but I'm racking my brain and it's making me nuts :ohnoez:

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

What's the 25-year-old book you guys are referencing? I either forgot or never knew! Sorry for slight derail but I'm racking my brain and it's making me nuts :ohnoez:

Green Lantern #54

WomaninRefrigerator.jpg 

5 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Green Lantern #54

WomaninRefrigerator.jpg 

Sad to say this but with nothing on the cgc label? Maybe a lot of collectors don't know about it, I had heard of it but didn't seek it out...

I assume we mean green lantern #54 from the first series?

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sad to say this but with nothing on the cgc label? Maybe a lot of collectors don't know about it, I had heard of it but didn't seek it out...

I assume we mean green lantern #54 from the first series?

Volume 3 (1990-2005)

latest?cb=20090105233429