• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Nico Esq said:

If/when CGC puts "women in refridgerator," "comicsgate" or something to that effect on the label - that book suddently becomes collectable.  Time will tell, but I think this issue is important in much the same way the bludgening of Jason Todd to death is, or Batman: Damned #1 is important to comic history.   If collectors are anything they are archievests and this is why we are seeing all the excitement about Walmart Superman #7.  Collecting comics is really about preserving and sharing popular culture, art and stories.  I believe that these events are going to be increasingly important to collectors as the years turn into decades, but only time will tell. B|    

Sure, when CGC stars putting it on the label maybe they will care. If the book had been recalled or banned in Wyoming (all 3 copies getting pulled off the shelves), then they might care.

17 hours ago, the blob said:

Needless to say, at a total cost of $5-$9 after shipping on ebay I am not going there. I'll buy them in the cheap boxes in the wild, but I buy GLs around that era anyway from the cheap-o box.

I pick them up for $0.50 - $1 whenever I see them, which is the price I'd recommend to anyone buying them. No reason to spend more at this point. 

8 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree all grab the dcu variant in NM but other then that all pass I see the book everywhere.

As far as Batman Damned goes as soon. As soon it was announced it was oversized I was done with it.

48-51 are everywhere too, but they sell nicely, particularly as a set

25 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:
11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

... as soon it was announced it was oversized I was done with it.

hm

I think, "that's what she said" are the words you are looking for.

1Q41.gif 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Kevin Smith made a comment recently that "It would be cool if WB made a Batman Beyond movie with Michael Keaton as elder Bruce Wayne."  - I am paraphrasing but I noticed that Batman Beyond 1 has doubled in price for CGC 9.8 issues since December/November :facepalm:

6 hours ago, comicartfan said:

Kevin Smith made a comment recently that "It would be cool if WB made a Batman Beyond movie with Michael Keaton as elder Bruce Wayne."  - I am paraphrasing but I noticed that Batman Beyond 1 has doubled in price for CGC 9.8 issues since December/November :facepalm:

cliff.gif

So lets reflect on last year a bit.
Give me your top 3 sellers from Modern and Copper last year or a mixture.

Mine(Of the top of my head)
The Rejected - I sold 8 or 9 copies for $30-50 a piece. 
Young Avengers 1 - $25-60 a copy 7 copies
Captain Marvel 1 - 10 copies $35-50 a copy .

Copper
Power Pack 1 - Dozen copies for $10-15 
Shogun Warriors 1 - $10-20 a book 10 copies
Stan Lee Meets 1-5 Set - $35-80 a set 7 sets

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So lets reflect on last year a bit.
Give me your top 3 sellers from Modern and Copper last year or a mixture.

Mine(Of the top of my head)
The Rejected - I sold 8 or 9 copies for $30-50 a piece. 
Young Avengers 1 - $25-60 a copy 7 copies
Captain Marvel 1 - 10 copies $35-50 a copy .

Copper
Power Pack 1 - Dozen copies for $10-15 
Shogun Warriors 1 - $10-20 a book 10 copies
Stan Lee Meets 1-5 Set - $35-80 a set 7 sets

Top seller last year by a mile was the Infinity War set.  I probably sold 25 - 30 sets last year for about $40 - $50 a set.  Venom Lethal Protector 1- 6 also did great at the end of the year and I moved 15 - 20 sets at about $40 - $45 a set.  Individual books I sold a ton of New Mutants 100 (15 copies at $10 - $15 a piece).