• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

The Spawn #293 B&W error was a winner earlier today, but there seems to have been a flood of these on eBay in the last few hours. The error interiors look pretty cool and if this first appearance is a significant one this may be a good book to hold on to.

This might just end up like the saga color missing issue. It doesn't look like it's getting recalled or anything.

44 minutes ago, Avi said:

This might just end up like the saga color missing issue. It doesn't look like it's getting recalled or anything.

That's honestly what I'm expecting, but at least this one has a first appearance attached to it and it's a variant already, so it makes it a little more noteworthy than just a normal non-recalled error book.

23 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I sold 30+ dazzler #1 last year at 10 a pop... 10+ alpha flight #1 at 10 a pop... the list goes on and on...

Those are random books i got for dirt cheap and flipped with no regrets...

I wouldnt call them hot picks just because I can ALWAYS sell them (and will in the future) at that price

Power pack never heated up. Right now it belongs to the same group of books I listed above. The only difference is, there is STILL an active spec rumor attached to it. There always has been. Its also a 1st appearance. and also a VERY sought after book.

Im not stuck on PP, in fact, its exactly the opposite, I think its weird to call it a hot book at this point. Thats all

I am curious, are these $10 sales being done by auction, BIN/BO or Amazon? And I assume the stated grade in nm or better?

Edited by the blob

42 minutes ago, the blob said:

Aren't those recent sales some pedigree?

Dazzler is a book that can sell anywhere from a $1 to $20 raw/NM... Ive had a couple of sales for 30 a couple years back... people that buy this book absolutely LOVE the cover and the character of course...

Some already know the story, I came across a long box of them in NM condition a few years ago, koch sold it to me for a 100... Ive made well over 1500 on it through the years. Some went to grading, some were error editions. I have about 50 of them left and liquidating them s l o  w  l  y

A book like that is timeless... Definitely not a hot topic of discussion among glitterati collectors. Just a silent money maker

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Dazzler is a book that can sell anywhere from a $1 to $20 raw/NM... Ive had a couple of sales for 30 a couple years back... people that buy this book absolutely LOVE the cover and the character of course...

Some already know the story, I came across a long box of them in NM condition a few years ago, koch sold it to me for a 100... Ive made well over 1500 on it through the years. Some went to grading, some were error editions. I have about 50 of them left and liquidating them s l o  w  l  y

A book like that is timeless... Definitely not a hot topic of discussion among glitterati collectors. Just a silent money maker

The error copies also sell at a premium

Roger's Time machine had dozens of copies in his dollar boxes for years. Along with Rom 1. I probably have 15 copies scattered about all my boxes. Time to get them in one place!

Sales are all over the place, it is nuts:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-MARVEL-DAZZLER-1-ORIGIN-5-BOOK-LOT-SPIDER-MAN-X-MEN-APPEARANCES-NM/292814104037?hash=item442d14a5e5:g:PasAAOSwXtNaVaWm

A lot of 5 NM copies sells for $20, $4 each

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dazzler-1-1981-NM-/392216391997?hash=item5b51eb313d%3Ag%3Ai4cAAOSw6X1cPmTK&nma=true&si=k5rBGBi%2BuujbAIA%2FqNJ8cW9pcBQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557t of 5 NM copies sells for $20, $4 each

$5.01

And then:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DAZZLER-1-NM-9-6-HIGH-GRADE-BRONZE-AGE-MARVEL/392164914026?hash=item5b4ed9b36a:g:oZEAAOSw~LBb27ZS

$24 after a bidding war

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DAZZLER-1-NM-9-6-HIGH-GRADE-BRONZE-AGE-MARVEL-KEY-PREMIERE-ISSUE/382703440509?hash=item591ae7127d:g:nvoAAOSwkQhcKY-1

$26

Several BINs for "nm" copies under $10 listed. Dunno if they grade out though. Weird.

30+ copies of #1 for $10 each?  I call shenanigans, I have probably a dozen or so lying around and haven't sold any at the monthly show priced for less than that.  Not only that, no one EVER asks me about dazzler.....I'll bring a stack of them at the big con next month, and we'll see if I can move any of them there....

1 hour ago, GLCBrad said:

Rai 0 in 9.6 and 9.8 has reached supernova status as of this morning

Someone bought almost every copy listed with prices ranging all over the place 

I sold a CGC 9.8 this morning (for way to cheap compared to some of the other sales this morning) and mine sold to a guy in Florida.  He is not a high feedback guy.

15 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

But why Rai 0 and not Eternal Warrior 4?

Good question.  Maybe some Rai announcement is coming rather then a Bloodshot announcement.