• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Second Blight said:

Based on Twitter and Instagram posts, nope. My guess is the lame Key Collector bs

A book like that has been in Key Collector for a while.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I sold a CGC 9.8 this morning (for way to cheap compared to some of the other sales this morning) and mine sold to a guy in Florida.  He is not a high feedback guy.

Check their feedback. Does it look like they normally buy comics or just random things. The reason I ask it because if it's all from the same person that usually happens when they are getting comics for "investment".

I had a guy mad at me once because he didn't know what an ashcan was and bought a bunch of Ghost in the Shell ashcans from different sellers on eBay, including me. He thought it was the full size #1 issue he was getting. He was complaining about how his "investors" were going to be mad.

12 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

A book like that has been in Key Collector for a while.

Check their feedback. Does it look like they normally buy comics or just random things. The reason I ask it because if it's all from the same person that usually happens when they are getting comics for "investment".

I had a guy mad at me once because he didn't know what an ashcan was and bought a bunch of Ghost in the Shell ashcans from different sellers on eBay, including me. He thought it was the full size #1 issue he was getting. He was complaining about how his "investors" were going to be mad.

He has a bunch of recent feedback from big name sellers like mycomicshop, collector_comics and basement comics but no feedback as a seller.  The strange part of the Rai 0 sell out was the simply crazy prices being paid (+$300 for a CGC 9.8).  Most flippers will stick to current prices so it does seem like someone said to buy this book and people grabbed it no matter the cost.

15 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Nothing else about that book comes to mind as being particularly key, except Bloodshot's first full appearance

Doesn't the CGC label say 1st new Rai on top of saying 1st full bloodshot?

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Doesn't the CGC label say 1st new Rai on top of saying 1st full bloodshot?

Yes, but that's largely irrelevant. It's not the first appearance of Rai, just the first appearance of the next Rai. And since the continuity from the original Valiant line is dead, there's nothing significant about the "new" Rai. Especially since the current line's Rai is more similar to the original Rai.

29 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Regardless why they were all bought up, it's a tough book to corner the market on because it's everywhere.  

Supposedly there were only like 7,500 for the "glossy" version...

Just now, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Supposedly there were only like 7,500 for the "glossy" version...

The problem is that the non-glossy versions still look kinda glossy, so unless you've got both together, you may mistake the common version for the uncommon

not true for me, the glossy version has a strip on the right front cover where you can see the first page. Granted the cover is short by a 1/3 of a centimeter, but it's still pretty obvious to see the strip on the right side of the cover, plus CGC distinguishes it on the label...... people mistaking it, sure, but seeking it out none the less?

lol I had only done the ebay sold listings for glossy to see only a couple of sales, doing an ebay search for just Rai 0 cgc and you get like 10-15 + sold listings lol 

I agree it is a fairly available book and in high grade, personally I don't think that it'll ever stick in terms of $$. I still haven't heard any of the buzz other than movie, odd that it is moving now....

When is the movie even due for production? trailer?

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I had only done the ebay sold listings for glossy to see only a couple of sales, doing an ebay search for just Rai 0 cgc and you get like 10-15 + sold listings lol 

I agree it is a fairly available book and in high grade, personally I don't think that it'll ever stick in terms of $$. I still haven't heard any of the buzz other than movie, odd that it is moving now....

When is the movie even due for production? trailer?

Filming is done. Release is February 2020

Eternal Warrior #4 is more expensive than Rai #0, even though you can make a strong case that EW #4 is more like Hulk #180 (Bloodshot on last page only) and Rai #0 is more like Hulk #181 (Bloodshot is multiple appearances from the first page and the cover silhouette).

Eternal Warrior #5 has always been really cheap ($40 to $50 for CGC 9.8), but it is the undisputed first Bloodshot cover and first full Bloodshot story. There are still lots of them around, but it was 27 years ago. Bronze Age books are pretty plentiful and I wish I had bought a few key Bronze when they were 27 years old. :D

6 hours ago, spreads said:

I personally love Rai 3, still think it's one of the best comic covers over the last 30 years.....undervalued imo.

Rai #3 is usually miscut at the top. A nicely-centered copy shows blue sky and orange above the Rai title box. If Rai #3 is undervalued, the centered copies are even moreso.

rai3top.jpg

Edited by valiantman

8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Rai #3 is usually miscut at the top. A nicely-centered copy shows blue sky and orange above the Rai title box. If Rai #3 is undervalued, the centered copies are even moreso.

rai3top.jpg

Please don't open that can of worms, I've had enough of the "it's a variant, but not really" books. No offense I just feel it's a little too much. To each their own though.