• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2019 at 2:38 PM, Serpentor said:
On 2/1/2019 at 11:57 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I was about to point this book out as a reason why it's not exactly a Hulk 180/181 situation. Since EW 5 is the continuation of the story that features the last page cameo, it is more analogous to Hulk 181 (except that Rai #0 was published between them). Since Rai 0 is a bit of an oddball book, covering lots of little bits of history, there might be room for EW 5 to get a lot more respect further down the road.

As someone who has collected Valiant since the beginning and who owns a copy of every book they printed, I feel that EW #5 will drop out of the running for consideration as a major Bloodshot key.  EW #4 and Rai #0 will be the Hulk 180/181 equivalent, with Rai #0 Glossy being the runaway winner.  Fortunately, I have my 9.8 of both on lockdown already :)  If the movie is good, I expect big gains.

I agree that EW #5 will probably stay the 3rd best of those 3, but if you could grab CGC 9.8 EW #5 for $40 they could be a better investment than CGC 9.8 Rai #0 (non-glossy) for $150.

26 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I agree that EW #5 will probably stay the 3rd best of those 3, but if you could grab CGC 9.8 EW #5 for $40 they could be a better investment than CGC 9.8 Rai #0 (non-glossy) for $150.

This seller (shrug)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rai-0-CGC-9-4-Bloodshot-1-200-White-Shadow-Variant-More-rare-than-Glossy/183668653487?hash=item2ac3813daf:g:ZZcAAOSwYPNcVLDs

Oye vay 

Of course now that I've linked it, it'll get a bunch of views and end up selling (:

But seriously, I've never heard of a "white shadow" Rai #0 variant...

The seller has solid feedback...

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

How do they know its 1 out of 200 as well?

I know right? Even the cgc label says "matte" version too... it's kind of bold to say all the extra stuff from a seller with such great feedback...

34 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Poorly-registered books are variants now? It's not even like it's far enough off that it's interesting.

15 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
16 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Poorly-registered books are variants now? It's not even like it's far enough off that it's interesting.

I guess he thought he had a glossy copy and in his disappointment is trying to make up for it. :roflmao:

17 hours ago, valiantman said:

Do you happen to know what year CGC started to differentiate between the matte and glossy books on the CGC labels?  My guess is there are a good number of glossy copies sitting in older holders.  

i sold my second Rai 0 CGC 9.8 for $260 so $390 for the pair was a good day especially since they both were not the rare kind.  Not sure why it's so hot but it appears to have some legs since my second one sold a couple days after the huge buying spree.

Edited by 1Cool

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

Solid $10-20 book. 

I've been able to get more in the $20 - $25 range for nice copies but now it looks like $25 - $30 is the new price point.