• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Spawn issues in the 190s are doing very well for me lately.

I am still selling the Superman 7 Walmart Giant well.

Green Arrow 32 Metal Tie in sells less then day for me each time.
Metal is seeing an uptick as DC lays out plans for a Villains year.

Hack and Slash has been on the upsurge for me as far as sells.

Eternals and Ms Marvel(2008) series have been a staple of sales for me now
for 3 months with consistent sales.

What if Conan issues are in demand.

White Widow is still a $15 to $20 regular cover sell

Young Avengers 1 sells over $50 now in high grade raw
as well as many other early YA issues are selling well.

Avengers 343 is very hot currently.

Nothing earth shattering here this time. Just sales.

This had no likes before me. It was on topic, subjective, poignant, Imagine that.....

23 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

If I'm in the market for a book, I want the best information available to determine what I'm willing to pay for it. How many might be available is a factor in that determination.

So to pinpoint - you're looking at it as an investment....do you think it's wise to base that decision on significant material gaps in data?  This is the equivalent of buying equity in a company and not knowing how many classes of stock there are, let alone the number of outstanding shares that make up the capital structure....

15 hours ago, Plantman said:

This part of the listing is bizarre:

"DON'T WASTE TIME IN THE CRAZINESS OF THE MALLS!"

Does the seller believe malls are busy in February? Are malls thriving year-round in California but struggling everywhere else in the country? Has a single person ever not gone to a mall because they bought a comic book on eBay?

The FOMO! FOMO! FOMO! section at the top of the description was cute too considering the seller listed another signed CGC 9.8 Rai #0 slab the same day this sold.

You know the seller is a participant in this thread, right?  He alluded to this a few pages back....

23 minutes ago, spreads said:

So to pinpoint - you're looking at it as an investment....do you think it's wise to base that decision on significant material gaps in data?  This is the equivalent of buying equity in a company and not knowing how many classes of stock there are, let alone the number of outstanding shares that make up the capital structure....

Equity?  What are you measuring equity with?   US dollars?  How many of those are there?   They print as many of those as they need and they hand them out regularly to the people who are in charge of distribution but need some assistance due to mismanagement.  YOU CAN'T USE DOLLAH BILLS, CHUMP !!

pwned

FACT

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

This had no likes before me. It was on topic, subjective, poignant, Imagine that.....

I keep checking back every day to see if people finally quit arguing over print runs lol  I'm excited to see someone talking about anything else.  

I think it's important for me to remember to measure uptick in sales and uptick in sales prices independently.  Captain Marvel book for example have been strong sellers for me recently but the price tag isn't as strong on those books.  I think that's an interesting phenomenon that we don't talk about much but is important for me to think about when I try and analyze ebay sales and the modern comic market generally.    

38 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Equity?  What are you measuring equity with?   US dollars?  How many of those are there?   They print as many of those as they need and they hand them out regularly to the people who are in charge of distribution but need some assistance due to mismanagement.  YOU CAN'T USE DOLLAH BILLS, CHUMP !!

pwned

FACT

Wow, little early to be getting-into it, you might have a problem...

Edited by spreads

1 hour ago, spreads said:

You know the seller is a participant in this thread, right?  He alluded to this a few pages back....

The eBay ID and language used in the listing are dissimilar to the image the seller cultivates on the boards. I also vaguely remember the seller calling out eBay for corruption and looking for anywhere else to sell his books. However, somewhere in my brain I did know it was him.

I apologize if my post offended the seller or was in violation of community standards here.

10 hours ago, divad said:

I don't know about "poignant" :giggle: but I do appreciate the info! ;)

"On-topic" and "poignant" are mutually exclusive adjectives for any post in this thread.

18 hours ago, Plantman said:

This part of the listing is bizarre:

"DON'T WASTE TIME IN THE CRAZINESS OF THE MALLS!"

Does the seller believe malls are busy in February? Are malls thriving year-round in California but struggling everywhere else in the country? Has a single person ever not gone to a mall because they bought a comic book on eBay?

The FOMO! FOMO! FOMO! section at the top of the description was cute too considering the seller listed another signed CGC 9.8 Rai #0 slab the same day this sold.

:hi:

I went to the mall yesterday, and this is what I saw:

200.gif

3 minutes ago, Plantman said:

The eBay ID and language used in the listing are dissimilar to the image the seller cultivates on the boards. I also vaguely remember the seller calling out eBay for corruption and looking for anywhere else to sell his books. However, somewhere in my brain I did know it was him.

Are you talking about it....?

:whistle:

PS. If you have anywhere else to sell that's better than eBay, I...er, "the seller"...would probably love to hear about it.

4 minutes ago, Plantman said:

I apologize if my post offended the seller or was in violation of community standards here.

Not even remotely.

Again: you're talking about it.

Maybe the seller understands human nature a little bit...?

I am fascinated by what the image is that you think the seller is trying to cultivate, since "cultivate" implies a dedicated effort... :whee:

2 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

I think you have your first appearance confused

This^

13 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Deadpool #19- 1st Hit monkey is starting to sell in the high $40's, close to $50 along with Hit Monkey #1 after the announcement of a new Hulu animated show.

Hit Monkey

...and the HM 1 2nd print is selling over $100.  Seems pretty rare...🍻

7 hours ago, spreads said:

I'm a collector first. I tend to not speculate on books that might be expensive to start with, which incentives tend to be.

4 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm a collector first. I tend to not speculate on books that might be expensive to start with, which incentives tend to be.

If you're a collector then why do you care if there might be: 450,576,784,934,1313,2200 or 5102 copies of the book?

Edited by spreads