• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

That doesn't clarify anything. I said it's the first one graded 10.0 and you said it's the first one given a 10.0 label. Those are the same thing at CGC. Whether there are others won't change which one was first.  There's no such thing as "it's the first one... so far", unless you have a time machine you haven't used yet.

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

That doesn't clarify anything. I said it's the first one graded 10.0 and you said it's the first one given a 10.0 label. Those are the same thing at CGC. Whether there are others won't change which one was first.  There's no such thing as "it's the first one... so far", unless you have a time machine you haven't used yet.

Did you see the other 9.8s before it? Is this like when JayDog saw all the ASM 667 variants? No time machine need.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Did you see the other 9.8s before it? Is this like when JayDog saw all the ASM 667 variants? No time machine need.

Wait Wait Wait..  I love you guys and this is fun but @valiantman is FACTUALLY correct He has the Only GRADED 10.0 Rai 0.  So He is right.  jaydog just THINKS is knows everything and is often proven otherwise.  Also FACT

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:
3 hours ago, valiantman said:

Did you see the other 9.8s before it?

Ah, OK, I see what you're saying.  You're saying that CGC saw and graded copies of Rai #0 and the first (and only) one they "gave" a CGC 10.0 label was the one copy that I own, not necessarily the first copy they could have given a CGC 10.0 label, since it's possible they graded other copies as good or better than the one they selected for the CGC 10.0 label.  OK, got it.  Yes, it's entirely possible that there are CGC 9.8 Rai #0 books that should/could have been "given" a CGC 10.0 label before the one that did get one when it was graded on 11/14/2001. There were three copies of CGC 9.8 Rai #0 on the census for January 2002. I also own two of those three, so if it's possible that one of those three also deserved a CGC 10.0 label, then there's a 67% chance I own it, too. :foryou:

0101316003_300.jpg 0101316005_300.jpg

Edited by valiantman

12 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Ah, OK, I see what you're saying.  You're saying that CGC saw and graded copies of Rai #0 and the first (and only) one they "gave" a CGC 10.0 label was the one copy that I own, not necessarily the first copy they could have given a CGC 10.0 label, since it's possible they graded other copies as good or better than the one they selected for the CGC 10.0 label.  OK, got it.  Yes, it's entirely possible that there are CGC 9.8 Rai #0 books that should/could have been "given" a CGC 10.0 label before the one that did get one when it was graded on 11/14/2001. There were three copies of CGC 9.8 Rai #0 on the census for January 2002. I also own two of those three, so if it's possible that one of those three also deserved a CGC 10.0 label, then there's a 67% chance I own it, too. :foryou:

@Buzzetta:jokealert::foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
better pic

4 hours ago, valiantman said:

The funny thing is that, from what I remember from when you posted a pic of your 10.0 (maybe over on the Valiant boards?), the wrap looked a little off to me. So it's entirely possible, were a person to be able to examine your book alongside one of their 9.8s (I have 4 OO copies that came back 9.8), they might find they prefer their own copy. That, of course, would not make a bit of difference were you to sell it, as it would likely fetch close to 5 figures, if a 9.9 is going for over 2K now

24 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

How is it that all conversation lead to jaydog. Is he some sort of a Svengali 

When you post stuff like this, how can they not?

55 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Actually I have seen most graded copies and many raws. (thumbsu One guy got lucky, a couple before him didn't.  

-J.

Wow, check and mate. I'll sit down now.

Was yours is before they recognized the glossy version?