• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

Anyone have any opinions about what this https://variety.com/2019/biz/asia/chris-fenton-dmg-lawsuit-1203149629/ will do to prices of Rai 0, the future of the Bloodshot movie, etc.? 

DMG has no control on the Bloodshot movie besides "they get their name" in the credits. DMG forced Dinesh Shamdasani out as the Valiant boss, but they can't do a thing about the Bloodshot movie.  Dinesh is a producer on the movie and was present for filming (which is done).  He said he's already seen it 30 times. lol

The situation with DMG is eerily similar to when Acclaim bought Valiant in the mid-1990s. A few years later, Acclaim filed bankrupcy and the Valiant properties sold for pennies on the dollar. 

There is some general hope that the same thing happens with DMG and Dinesh can buy Valiant back for pennies on the dollar. 

5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

DMG has no control on the Bloodshot movie besides "they get their name" in the credits. DMG forced Dinesh Shamdasani out as the Valiant boss, but they can't do a thing about the Bloodshot movie.  Dinesh is a producer on the movie and was present for filming (which is done).  He said he's already seen it 30 times. lol

The situation with DMG is eerily similar to when Acclaim bought Valiant in the mid-1990s. A few years later, Acclaim filed bankrupcy and the Valiant properties sold for pennies on the dollar. 

There is some general hope that the same thing happens with DMG and Dinesh can buy Valiant back for pennies on the dollar. 

I was thinking more about bad press, advertising dollars, etc. not trying to suggest that the movie not make it to the big screen.  I appreciate that DMG is a huge corporation but the allegations seem to be interwoven with their film production.  As far as products go, DMG made Looper.  You won’t hear me complain.  These days it’s hard to tell what’s real, what’s fake & (even when something is real) whether anyone will care. 

49 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Ironically, the success that Dinesh had in leading a company to tell good stories probably means that if it comes to a fire sale, there will be bigger customer for the properties, including perhaps the big 2, or another company like Netflix looking to own outright the IP for more programming.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Ironically, the success that Dinesh had in leading a company to tell good stories probably means that if it comes to a fire sale, there will be bigger customer for the properties, including perhaps the big 2, or another company like Netflix looking to own outright the IP for more programming.

Ugh, I will scream if Disney buys Valiant. 

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Ugh, I will scream if Disney buys Valiant. 

I'd love it.  Disney has the money to develop Valiant properties and Disney is gonna need content when they get their streaming business off the ground.

Imagine the possibilities, Bloodshot and the Seven Dwarfs, Dora vs the Eternal Warrior.....

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Disney has plenty to develop. They have several Marvel universes like Ultraverse that have been sitting for years waiting.

Good. I have no idea why these Monopolies are allowed. Disney might as well merge with Comcast and Walmart and  just ruin our lives.

Edited by Wolverinex

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Disney has plenty to develop. They have several Marvel universes like Ultraverse that have been sitting for years waiting.

There has to be something about the Ultraverse properties that we're not privy too, because I can't imagine why they wouldn't have done *something* with them by now. I have heard that the creators have retained some rights to them, but then I've also heard that that isn't the case. Maybe they have particularly good royalty agreements that make it less profitable to do something with them?

9 hours ago, valiantman said:
18 hours ago, divad said:

Uh, we discussed this 24 pages ago . . . on Feb 1st. :sumo:

:hi:

Short answer... Eternal Warrior #4 was definitely first (but also the same month as Rai #0), but it's a bit like Hulk #180 since this is the whole (first) appearance of Bloodshot in Eternal Warrior #4 on the final page:

ew4_final_page.jpg

Actually, it could be "less than Hulk #180" since you don't get his name, it says "Epilogue" and since Rai #0 was the same month as Eternal Warrior #4, not a full month later like Hulk #181.

Which, of course is why I am a very big fan now of Eternal Warrior #5 and Bloodshot #1 . . . :whee:

23 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

With a bunch of Rai 0's hitting near 500, why hasn't Eternal warrior 4 gone up as much?  I always thought EW4 was more coveted.. but I guess the market now values Rai 0 more? 

I think EW 4 has taken off quite a bit in the last year or so, raws going for more than what Rai 0 was up until the last few weeks?

I sold a 9.8 Umbrella Academy for $450, and now I think I let it go too cheap... there are only two 9.8s on eBay currently.

I suppose it's going to be harder to land a 9.8 since the book is 12 years old already, -or- are they all awaiting grading at CGC and there will be a flood of them in a few weeks.

How high can it go? o_O This is fun :)

43 minutes ago, wikked said:

I sold a 9.8 Umbrella Academy for $450, and now I think I let it go too cheap... there are only two 9.8s on eBay currently.

I suppose it's going to be harder to land a 9.8 since the book is 12 years old already, -or- are they all awaiting grading at CGC and there will be a flood of them in a few weeks.

How high can it go? o_O This is fun :)

That's a book I sold too soon. Won at an auction for a dollar and flipped a couple of months later for 30. Should've subbed it cause it was pristine.