• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Zeck is going to be at my local con next weekend. I wonder what he'd say if I asked him to sign Rai 0?!?

He'd sign it.  He worked on Bloodshot (Last Stand special) for Valiant in the 1990s. :grin:

18 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

I was thinking more about bad press, advertising dollars, etc. not trying to suggest that the movie not make it to the big screen.  I appreciate that DMG is a huge corporation but the allegations seem to be interwoven with their film production.  As far as products go, DMG made Looper.  You won’t hear me complain.  These days it’s hard to tell what’s real, what’s fake & (even when something is real) whether anyone will care. 

Valiant is such a small name that any publicity is good publicity. They're looking for name recognition more than trying to protect against possible bad press.

14 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
14 hours ago, divad said:

Which, of course is why I am a very big fan now of Eternal Warrior #5 and Bloodshot #1 . . . :whee:

How about Rai 0 or Bloodshot 0?

Funny you should mention those.  I've been working on a beginner's guide... :grin:

http://www.valiant101.com/101/collecting-bloodshot/

4 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I think I have a few Bloodshot books. I need to sell. I'm not a Vin Diesel fan and think they should have gone with someone younger. Im thinking this will be xXx type quality. 

:hi: I have some too, found in the $1 bin, but it is not quite worth it, even for a #1, #6,& #7 combo... :eek: edit: as they mostly sell for cover price

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

19 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
35 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Funny you should mention those.  I've been working on a beginner's guide... :grin:

http://www.valiant101.com/101/collecting-bloodshot/

I am hoping the movie kills it!  

It is quite popular to be "too cool" for comic movies right now, so no matter how good the movie is, I expect venomous hatred from a loud group of people online. The thing that tells you whether a movie is financially successful immediately is the box office, but whether it's a good comic movie (especially for an independent publisher/property) depends on the "cult following" that comes later after streaming and a decade of reflection. lol

Regardless, it's likely that Valiant won't see significant increases in comic sales. Everyone on Earth saw Avengers: Infinity War and the December 2018 chart has Avengers at 23rd best seller.  A blockbuster Valiant movie might get Bloodshot into the top 200, since it was #206 the same month that Avengers was #23. :grin:

1 minute ago, I like pie said:

:facepalm:

Do you think the market in general wants to purchase a FCBD? I don't believe so and some probably don't even know about it.

Remember that Spider-Ghost #1 variant that was selling for about $1k? There was absolutely nothing tied to that other than the cover. This is the volatility of the market and has been for a few years.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Do you think the market in general wants to purchase a FCBD? I don't believe so and some probably don't even know about it.

Remember that Spider-Ghost #1 variant that was selling for about $1k? There was absolutely nothing tied to that other than the cover. This is the volatility of the market and has been for a few years.

I was just asking, as maybe I missed something. It isn't a remarkable cover. It's not the first appearance but you may be correct that many aren't aware.

42 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It is quite popular to be "too cool" for comic movies right now, so no matter how good the movie is, I expect venomous hatred from a loud group of people online. The thing that tells you whether a movie is financially successful immediately is the box office, but whether it's a good comic movie (especially for an independent publisher/property) depends on the "cult following" that comes later after streaming and a decade of reflection. lol

Regardless, it's likely that Valiant won't see significant increases in comic sales. Everyone on Earth saw Avengers: Infinity War and the December 2018 chart has Avengers at 23rd best seller.  A blockbuster Valiant movie might get Bloodshot into the top 200, since it was #206 the same month that Avengers was #23. :grin:

The success (or lack of) Valiant movies will be indicated by one thing only - the fans. The whole point of adapting movies/TV shows by different publishing companies, popular writers and of course big properties, is to attract the existing fans of those streams to the films, therefore adding more meat to the existing bone (being the genre). You don't necessarily need to have ALOT of fans, but they need to be DIE HARD fans, that will essentially act as agents to the product, in other words spread the word about the film. I actually do see that happening with Valiant. But yeah, that will probably be their biggest test

19 minutes ago, I like pie said:

I was just asking, as maybe I missed something. It isn't a remarkable cover. It's not the first appearance but you may be correct that many aren't aware.

Probably market perceived "rarity" along with a hot show. Demand > supply
I will say however, that book has always sold well.

17 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

There has to be something about the Ultraverse properties that we're not privy too, because I can't imagine why they wouldn't have done *something* with them by now. I have heard that the creators have retained some rights to them, but then I've also heard that that isn't the case. Maybe they have particularly good royalty agreements that make it less profitable to do something with them?

They also suck, so there's that....(shrug)

On 2/21/2019 at 10:04 AM, valiantman said:

$214 shipped over 16 years ago.  I believe the raws were still $0.25 to $2 everywhere at the time.

I remember bidding $333.33, but I think the 2nd highest bidder was right around $200.

Seems like yesterday when I was putting my pre unity run together and paying $40 for a RAI 0 9.8 slab :preach:

I remember how awesome it was seeing EW4 in Wizard's hot comics on the move page. That was always in my short list of favorite all-time valiant covers. I still have a couple of these raw bought from the rack myself. 

Just now, BAT MAN said:

Seems like yesterday when I was putting my pre unity run together and paying $40 for a RAI 0 9.8 slab :preach:

I remember how awesome it was seeing EW4 in Wizard's hot comics on the move page. That was always in my short list of favorite all-time valiant covers. I still have a couple of these raw bought from the rack myself. 

You did good to add Rai #0 to your run, since it wasn't a pre-unity book. (thumbsu