• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, kairos70 said:

First appearance of Geriatric Joker. Old Lady Harley is DC's answer to Marvel's Old Man Logan riff. Lame to me but it seemed to be under ordered which led to a quick sell out.

He appeared at the end of issue #4.

14 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Oh, so it's a low print run, so people are going crazy about it?

It's the last issue of the series as well.

12 hours ago, Second Blight said:

store exclusive variant. went on sale this past sunday.

stop posting store exclusive variants.

Especially for books that haven't even been released yet. As I stated previously, FOMO is driving market prices. People think they can't get books because a pre-order sells out. Wait until the books are actually released and in hand to determine what the market price is. Right now it's market manipulation because some people don't pre-sell, therefor true supply and demand cannot be evaluated properly.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

He appeared at the end of issue #4.

It's the last issue of the series as well.

Especially for books that haven't even been released yet. As I stated previously, FOMO is driving market prices. People think they can't get books because a pre-order sells out. Wait until the books are actually released and in hand to determine what the market price is. Right now it's market manipulation because some people don't pre-sell, therefor true supply and demand cannot be evaluated properly.

Collectors once again opting for the  first full appearance issue along with the appearance on the cover . There are still plenty of copies of OLH #4 on store shelves in my area.

3 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Collectors once again opting for the  first full appearance issue along with the appearance on the cover . There are still plenty of copies of OLH #4 on store shelves in my area.

Possibly, but it's also the 1st Joker's Son? Something weird is going on. Or is Geriatric Joker the son? The last page has a different character.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Right now it's market manipulation because some people don't pre-sell, therefor true supply and demand cannot be evaluated properly.

None of the shops in my area put OLH #5 on the shelves...at all. The copies most likely went to subscribers and the rest to Ebay.  I just saw people get the head shake when they asked if they had any copies. 

51 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

None of the shops in my area put OLH #5 on the shelves...at all. The copies most likely went to subscribers and the rest to Ebay.  I just saw people get the head shake when they asked if they had any copies. 

That comment was in reference to the Dark Red variant which does not come out until March 20.

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Old Harley, Rai 0, and Immortal Hulk... who would have thought...

I'm not sure what you're referring to with Rai 0, but it's been a significant book and has had value for over two decades.  It's gone up a lot recently in the 9.8s, but what book that sees heat doesn't?  

2 minutes ago, spreads said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to with Rai 0, but it's been a significant book and has had value for over two decades.  It's gone up a lot recently in the 9.8s, but what book that sees heat doesn't?  

9.8s hitting new highs the past two weeks.

9 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Funny. I saw this on the shelf at Midtown and considered buying it. Looked up the character and apparently she appeared in Green Arrow first? How's that book doing?

That's a different Naomi, Naomi Singh appeared in the Green Arrow series. Naomi #1 is the first appearance of that Naomi character.

12 hours ago, spreads said:

Fixed that for you....

Nah lol I only bought that second lot because he had a bunch of Spiderman stuff that I wanted, Like I said I didn't even really know what the Valiant stuff was until I started going through it. Im not going to hold onto any of that stuff so it will all be going