• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2019 at 11:00 AM, Plantman said:

Spawn #175 (often sold with Spawn #174) has had some pretty high sales on eBay this month.

Yea, I was watching this one because I saw it getting pretty high.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPAWN-174-175-GUNSLINGER-SPAWN-PART-1-amp-2-BOTH-IN-NEAR-MINT-CONDITION-/333106902478?nma=true&si=pSm8RTdW%2Bz8fojfen%2BQmTf6v2FQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last month a group of people started purchasing all of the Untamed #1 1:25 variants from ebay.
The next day they started buying Niobe #1s and regular Untamed #1s.

Today "news" broke that there is some kind of HBO deal and Niobe #1 has shot up to $20 and the Untamed #1 regular and the Untamed #1 variant are doing stupid things.

That book as been pushed for a long time though. Its not like it was a secret at all. G+ & CBSI 
and others have been on that train for a long time. Now its just FOMO buyers. 

That's not to say its not a good pickup cheap, but that book or the others haven't been cheap
for a long time due to speculators.

Edited by fastballspecial

I notice that any book with "Michael Myers" from the Halloween films is going for well over the price guide. For example, I own Halloween #1 from November 2000 in about VF or so. On the price guide, it's $3 in 9.4. On EBay, the lowest issue is going for $15 and the highest for over $50. Many Michael Myers books are into the $100+ range but the price guide still shows them extremely low.

These books seem hard to find as well. I never see them at shows or shops. Only on EBay and even there, they are difficult to find in large quantities. 

10 hours ago, I like pie said:

The regular cover of #1 as well is picking up.

59 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

its not

It is selling for more than cover. The ashcan is going to make things confusing for people that don't know much about comics and just look at the sold prices because it looks exactly the same in a listing picture.

It was a good read. The first few pages I was not into it, but wow did it take a turn!

1 hour ago, I like pie said:

Last one sold for $16.14 on ebay and most shops are sold out. It's not on fire but that's not the name of the thread.

It is.

Your turn!

Im not going to keep doing this back-and-forth argument. If you cant do the research, you already failed. Look at the dates of available copies. The $16 one that sold was probably shilled or the buyer was not smart.Untitled.jpg.a5f3f9d53127b0986648900fc0bae75d.jpg

Edited by Second Blight

6 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

Im not going to keep doing this back-and-forth argument. If you cant do the research, you already failed. Look at the dates of available copies. The $16 one that sold was probably shilled or the buyer was not smart.Untitled.jpg.a5f3f9d53127b0986648900fc0bae75d.jpg

You're failing to notice the subtle signs. I'm two days ahead of you on research.

Again, if you didn't catch it, I said it's doing well. All of them. It's showing signs of picking up. That's the point of the thread.

Calm down.

6 minutes ago, I like pie said:

You're failing to notice the subtle signs. I'm two days ahead of you on research.

Again, if you didn't catch it, I said it's doing well. All of them. It's showing signs of picking up. That's the point of the thread.

Calm down.

You are definitely not 2 days ahead of me. More like 2 days behind. This is a 5 issue miniseries. Plenty of copies at online stores for cover or below. Yea there's a 2nd print coming, but unless a 3rd and 4th come, it doesnt mean much. Almost every Image #1 book gets a 2nd print :roflmao:

It's basic observation skills you apparently can't grasp.

All the big onlines had them yesterday at cover price. Midtown,Mcs,gmart,Graham Cracker,etc..

All gone now or prices have been bumped or limits set. Combine that with the few Ebay sales over cover price and you should be raising a brow. If you're not, you're doing wrong.

It's doing well. I didn't say it was the next IH or Saga. I didn't even say it has legs. 

Are you always this dense?

Edited by I like pie

7 minutes ago, I like pie said:

It's basic observation skills you apparently can't grasp.

All the big onlines had them yesterday at cover price. Midtown,Mcs,gmart,Graham Cracker,etc..

All gone now or prices have been bumped or limits set. Combine that with the few Ebay sales over cover price and you should be raising a brow. If you're not, you're doing wrong.

It's doing well. I didn't say it was the next IH or Saga. I didn't even say it has legs. 

Are you always this dense?

The book came out last week. So yea,keep pumping......

Edited by Second Blight

This all Smells like EVERY Image 1 Conversion First four weeks after release..."Insert IMAGE Title Here"  With exception of a few without External factors...People soak up Image #1s playing Scratch offs tickets...Gideon, Oblivion, Outcast,  and some turn out to be Duds, (One hit Wonder)

Just a real view not based on any book.  

Ebay listings that stated they were Near Mint for Little Bird #1 started selling above cover on Saturday. There were still VF/NM listed or no condition listed copies for cover price on ebay but listings with NM or NM+ or "9.8" were selling above cover.

The $17 sale could be shilled sale but over the past few days this book has been trending up.

Edited by Jimmy Linguini