• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, spreads said:

Agreed.

Let's see some type of evidence Jaydog, this is your chance to improve on that 0% credibility you've worked so hard to achieve.

Don't you have anything better to do? 

I suspect not.

So to reiterate, Overstreet (and Wizard) have already acknowledged the book is faked. 

Since you evidently have so much time on your hands, I suggest you set about contacting them and whining to them about it. (thumbsu

-J.

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I suspect not.

So to reiterate, Overstreet (and Wizard) have already acknowledged the book is faked. 

Since you evidently have so much time on your hands, I suggest you set about contacting them and whining to them about it. (thumbsu

-J.

Don’t dissemble.

Just show the evidence.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:
2 hours ago, spreads said:

Agreed.

Let's see some type of evidence Jaydog, this is your chance to improve on that 0% credibility you've worked so hard to achieve.

I suspect not.

-J.

No one is arguing that the book isn't faked. 

Your claim is that you can do it with a hair dryer, and used the listing linked as an example of that.

If that's true, it should be easy to replicate.

So put up or shut up.

-R.

15 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Your claim is that you can do it with a hair dryer, and used the listing linked as an example of that.

So put up or shut up.

-R.

giphy.gif

@Jaydogrules  You Chose a SPECIFIC Book and said it is fake.  I asked How do you know this one is.  You are calling out the seller.  Bay seller or Not....Canadian or Not.   How do you know THAT book is fake

50 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

So put up or shut up.

-R.

No one ever said it was "easy". 

Reading is fundamental. 

-J.

19 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

I suspect not.

-J.

Since you have 10k posts, most of them subjective nonsense, you should think twice about commenting on someone's 'time'.  Just post the damn facts, you're one post of credibility away from not having to change your username.

19 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

No one ever said it was "easy". 

Reading is fundamental. 

-J.

Indeed, reading IS fundamental,  but comprehension even moreso.

"Easy to replicate" does not mean the same thing as "easy to do." 

Quit stalling and prove your public accusations.

-R.

Speaking of heating up...these are pretty aggressive prices for Vampis, but some of them are quite stupid. For example:

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/123687000705?item=123687000705&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Vampirella Monthly #1 Royal Blue $66.99 plus $8 S&H.

While this listing was active, there was a BIN at $34, which yours truly bought. No brainer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VAMPIRELLA-MONTHLY-23-RARE-LIMITED-TEXEIRA-VIRGIN-VARIANT-COVER/163592231718?hash=item2616db5b26:g:iSsAAOSw7IRchw~5

Vampirella Monthly #23 Virgin Variant $36 + $8

This is the most common of these books, but $36 is quite an impressive price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VAMPIRELLA-MONTHLY-26-RED-FOIL-TEXEIRA-VARIANT-COVER/123687039681?hash=item1ccc5272c1:g:-28AAOSwm1VchxKI

Vampirella #26 Red Foil $38 + $8

This is the silliest of them all, as the exact same book, offered in a two book lot, for just a dollar more in shipping, was two lots down (or up, depending) in the same selller's auctions, ending at the same time...with no bids at $9.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VAMPIRELLA-MONTHLY-26-LOT-OF-TWO-COVER-VARIANTS/123687038793?hash=item1ccc526f49:g:IAAAAOSw4ARchxId

So dumb.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VAMPIRELLA-MONTHLY-21-ULTRA-RARE-BLUE-FOIL-LIMITED-COVER-VARIANT-WITH-COA/163592218048?hash=item2616db25c0:g:j1sAAOSwvcBchw2w

Vampirella Monthly #21 Royal Blue $94 + $8

Some pretty strong prices for Vampi rarities. Vampi's 50th is this year. 

3 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

In an effort to help those who are new to the thread and actually came here to learn about Moderns that are heating up on eBay (outrageous concept, I know ...), here's a short list of some of the books (in no particular order): 

(1) Umbrella Academy (perhaps not the raging inferno of a couple weeks ago, but still hot books); 

(2) Immortal Hulk and related titles (maybe the King of the Mountain, don't forget about all the A-Bomb, Harpy, etc. books that people are buying up because they are selling);

(3) new TV and Movie related spec e.g., Danger Girl, Tokyo Ghost, Agent Venom, Spider-man 2099, Spider-man Noir, etc.) 

(4) Cosmic Ghost Rider (this guy isn't going anywhere anytime soon); 

(5) Batman Who Laughs (we talked about the TT12 CGC 9.8 sale above); 

(6) Die (great read for those still reading comics :facepalm: and cross over appeal to D&D fans); 

(7) hot new releases: (Little Bird; Dark Red);

(8) Naomi 

Hide contents

She's a hot, young African American Super-Girl (I think) and so do most people that have read this book.

(9) Box Office Banger (Captain Marvel, Avengers and Shazam) 

(10) Future MCU spec (e.g., Young Avengers #1 and related books, Point One #1 (2011), etc.) 

There are countless others but I haven't put any real content on here in a minute and wanted to add to the dialogue.  Happy Hunting you bunch of Savages!! 

Before anyone suggests that I am somehow inferring that any of these books are good buys - I'm not.  This is basically a list of things that are already selling well or that I think will be selling well over the course of the next week or so. 

Who are you and why are you depriving us from our Friday entertainment with relevant material??? (:

On 3/18/2019 at 12:45 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:

Last month a group of people started purchasing all of the Untamed #1 1:25 variants from ebay.
The next day they started buying Niobe #1s and regular Untamed #1s.

Today "news" broke that there is some kind of HBO deal and Niobe #1 has shot up to $20 and the Untamed #1 regular and the Untamed #1 variant are doing stupid things.

I remember these hearing up for a little while and when they cooled, I bought all of the #1s including the Blank variant for cheap. The Untamed prices are crazy...in a good way. 😝 

This has been brewing for a while and HBO is a lottery win for comics. Glad I kept mine. Thanks for the update 👍

7 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I have a beat up copy of Venom 1 sitting in front of me.  Jaydog what is the step by step to turn this into a black cover?  This will be my project for the day.  Thanks.

Already posted in a link earlier in the thread.  

Have fun ! (thumbsu

-J.

Just got back from a rather large show spent all day looking and buying books. Keep in mind for some of
this report I was easdropping :gossip: while diving for books.

Umbrella Academy when found sold almost immediately. I saw one dealer that had an issue 4 left.
It was looked at several times I think he wanted $30 for it. I cant rem which 4 it was. He had already sold
a FCBD early in the day.

Didn't see many Immortal Hulks especially the important ones just some of the variant covers that aren't
sought after.

I probably bought $100 worth of $1 books. High grade common, Last issues, newsstand Image editions, late issue Image,
hidden higher value drek, and so on from Copper to Modern to late bronze last issues.

I have a small list of dealer I personally avoid due to their high prices. Nothing personal against them, but pricing a book
40% over going rate is just too high. I don't feel the need to have to negotiate every book which I know many will and I understand
that is how some dealers like to work. Its tiresome for me and I am in a hurry usually.

Bought a ton of Eternals 1st series(I am finally have to pay more now.) and 2nd series($1books)

I love how some dealers are now creative in pricing. $1 books, $3 books and 4 for $10 and so on. I spent an hour+ at one dealer
because of this. And then went and bought a wall book or two from them just because of it.

I saw several GA books changing hands among dealers. Happy to see it. Not an area I deal with, but love seeing them.

Maximum Carnage books are no longer in the $1 boxes sadly. Oh well it was a good 2 or 3 years of buying for $1.

Saw a lot of MSH 8 books change hands. Saw a lot of raws selling for $60-90 which is under current price which shocked me.
I would have bought them lol.

Some dealers have got to learn to be personally with customers. One guy looked like he would sooner club me then sell me a book.

I am slowly accepting that comics aren't the main attraction anymore at all at any show. I don't mind all the other stuff as long as
I can still look thru comics and they don't bother me while I am doing it.

I got to listen to several dealers talk about the industry among themselves and how it was going for them as Friday are slower.
Most were very positive with the current market. Everyone express the fear of variants killing the over market in the near future.
Many fear the "card collector" mentality has invaded our hobby now like a plague. (Their words not mine.)

Another comic shop on the way home closed. I used to stop by there when I was in their town for the last 10+ years. They sold out 
to some kids that are running a card shop hated to see that.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:17 AM, Jaydogrules said:

I suspect not.

-J.

So that's a  . . . no?