• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I am not sure I named any site in the above paragraph.(Because its more then one.) If I did please point it out to me.

I am not sure I am reading that second paragraph correctly. Go back and read it yourself it doesn't read correctly.

But to you argument, there is all type of nonsense on this board. The difference is I don't see the point in getting
banned trying to argue back and forth. Apparently you missed my ranting and raving about "Mystery boxes" for a long
time before they finally banned them here. We deal a lot in data here so its hard to get that past many of us. Although
shilling is sometimes hard to prove.

Unlike other boards which are controlled by moderators that lets some members freely
talk :censored: about other members, doing that on this board will get you bounced rather quickly.

I honestly feel like here we try to give an honest portrayal of the market in general. Other sites seem to be geared
to promote books rather then just honestly report on the market itself. You cant tell me you don't see this.

Nobody wronged me at least that I can remember. Keep in mind I have been doing this a long time. Having watched my 
hobby go down the tank once I am very weary of anyone type of collusion between websites, publishers and online sellers.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

You mentioned the Top 10 which is one group. That list is a reflection of books that have sold. Its easy to verify in this day and age. It's not like the Wizard list that it was modeled after which was used as promotion for sales for dealers who were feeding them the market report.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

It is difficult to prove. What I look for is repeat transactions over a period of time with some sort of repeat behavior. Now is that 
definite proof? No it isn't, but in those cases its enough for me to avoid that seller. (I concede it could be a repeat buyer in that 
case, but the odds are long.)

You're missing the entire point. The seller may have no idea what's going on until it comes time for payment. Especially when there are bid retractions. Why would you make a bid retraction on an item if you were in cohorts with a seller?

Okay see I can understand that you made a little more clear there. I was not really discussing that specific seller in that case just in general, but I get 
your point.(thumbsu

The paragraph you quoted me on I didn't name any group. Then you pull the Top 10 out in the next response. So you are missing my point.
You quote a paragraph I wrote where I named nobody and told me I did. How am I supposed to know what you were talking about? First you 
tell me G+ now you say Top Ten neither of you them is in the paragraph you quoted me on. 

At least when you are talking about a seller I can understand that part now. You originally quote I had no idea what you were talking about.

I can discuss the other sites, but I didn't name either one in that paragraph you quote me on. You missed my entire point.

I can discuss clearly other sites and the issue that I see with them that others do or don't, but I didn't name either one in you the paragraph 
you quoted me so I was confused.(shrug)

I am not trying to be problematic, but I honestly had no clue what you were referring too and you gave me a quote that didn't support what you 
were talking about in any sense.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 3/30/2019 at 5:12 PM, Bighaley21 said:

The Alex Ross covers of Detective Comics 1000 have really shot up. I figure they would but not this much.

Same here.... and I really hate I missed them. I would love to have one, but not at the prices I’m seeing currently. I’m hoping they will come down in about 6 months.