• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, NerdHouse Comics said:

Rob said on Twitter that Deadpool #10 is actually Major X's first appearance.

Be sure to pick one up on the dollar box in a few years 

7 hours ago, NerdHouse Comics said:

Rob said on Twitter that Deadpool #10 is actually Major X's first appearance.

People on Facebook are saying Liefeld is only referring to the Deadpool #10 variants he is selling on his website for $100 are the first cover appearance of Major X but it doesn't mean the  standard Deadpool #10 is the first appearance of the character. Nothing but pandemonium and Liefeld bashing after that.

DEADPOOL/MAJOR X VARIANT 2 Pack

56 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

People on Facebook are saying Liefeld is only referring to the Deadpool #10 variants he is selling on his website for $100 are the first cover appearance of Major X but it doesn't mean the  standard Deadpool #10 is the first appearance of the character. Nothing but pandemonium and Liefeld bashing after that.

:roflmao: and :facepalm:

2 hours ago, 500Club said:

:roflmao: and :facepalm:

Liefeld: "No! It's not that affordable book guys, it's this book on my website for $100 a piece." S*pec*u*lat*cke*o*rs <===="who" buys into this trash?  

I like Liefeld too, but that's ridiculous! I was born in 1991 so I didn't get to appreciate/witness the comic crash of the 90s, due to the speculation driven market. That said, today with all the variants/ reprints, and manufactured collectibles, I imagine THIS is how it felt! 

This bubble is going to pop, soon I would think too.

Edited by maidenmate91

6 hours ago, kairos70 said:

DEADPOOL/MAJOR X VARIANT 2 Pack

People need a reminder that the credit for Deadpool becoming insanely popular doesn't go to Liefeld.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Naomi 1 keeps moving up. This book has got some legs I think. As the series has read so far
she seems to be fairly important to the new DCU.

Thought I made a good purchase this week buying 3 Naomi #1s... but turns out they are reprints!!! Argh...

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Those reprints may surprise you down the road. 2nd prints where printed in large amounts. 3rd prints I wouldn't bother 
with because everyone ordered those.

Agree completely.  Those 2nd prints will fetch a nice penny later.  Disagree somewhat on the 3rd prints.  I don't think this is a mainstream title yet....it's off the radar of most still.  3rd prints will do just fine I think.

1 hour ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I would say Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness.....they created the Deadpool persona.  Probably why Spider-Man Deadpool #1 went to 7 printings (Kelly and McGuiness together again).

Ehhhh...maybe Fabian, too. The genesis of the smartarse was there from the beginning. Kelly and McGuinness perfected it.