• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I don't know if he so much as picked the wrong book....he just didn't pick the one that made the most high dollar sales (so far).  

Puzzling conversation though.  Other than one of the great DC B covers that clearly outsells the A cover, almost every recent hot book (I mean contents hot), the A cover is the winner.  I'm not talking about ratio variants even, just A and B covers.  God Country, TT12, Naomi, Thanos 13, Spider-Gwen 24, etc, etc, etc.  Why is everyone so puzzled by this, when this is clearly an established trend.  

I think you're right. I do wonder if we had a first appearance with the character on the B cover and not A cover, if it would sell better than A? Cant think of an example of that.

13 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I think you're right. I do wonder if we had a first appearance with the character on the B cover and not A cover, if it would sell better than A? Cant think of an example of that.

I suspect it would. 

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

The variant was the one that started the price creep. It was selling for $50 until everyone caught on and listed their copies. There is no doubt there are less copies of 

Nevermind misread this

Edited by rckstr1253

Amber Blake #1 1 in 10 variant is doing very well on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Amber+Blake+10&_sacat=1&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=13&_osacat=1&_odkw=Amber+Blake&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Don't have one, unfortunately. Just have the regular cover. I like this series if for no other reason than that it is magazine format. The story is interesting enough, undecided if I want to continue with it.

What do you all think will happen with Naomi #1 First Print? I got a few copies when they were $25.00 each. I now see a 9.8 with 5 days left on eBay already at $587.77. Since I'm new to this, I don't have any knowledge to base a guess off of. I'm just curious what you all think will happen. Will it rise for a few weeks, months, and then crash? Will it slowly rise? Just hype for a few weeks?

Curious, thanks!

5 minutes ago, jfree580 said:

What do you all think will happen with Naomi #1 First Print? I got a few copies when they were $25.00 each. I now see a 9.8 with 5 days left on eBay already at $587.77. Since I'm new to this, I don't have any knowledge to base a guess off of. I'm just curious what you all think will happen. Will it rise for a few weeks, months, and then crash? Will it slowly rise? Just hype for a few weeks?

Curious, thanks!

that auction is being fake bid up. but book is going up. naomi 1 1st print has best chance to be next tt12 if not better. im guessing book will be selling for $100 raw by time issue 6 comes out

1 minute ago, williamblood said:

that auction is being fake bid up. but book is going up. naomi 1 1st print has best chance to be next tt12 if not better. im guessing book will be selling for $100 raw by time issue 6 comes out

I figured those bids would mostly be fake, hopeful, but I assumed that much. Seemed like a huge jump out of no where. I didn't realize how much of a hit it would be though. It's wild.

Just now, jfree580 said:

I figured those bids would mostly be fake, hopeful, but I assumed that much. Seemed like a huge jump out of no where. I didn't realize how much of a hit it would be though. It's wild.

i have 27 copies of Naomi 1 1st print, paid cover or less for all of them. im just waiting for cgc to put 1st app on label before submitting. raws have been selling for 60-75 so a real 9.8 today would probably get 300 maybe more with hype

4 minutes ago, williamblood said:

i have 27 copies of Naomi 1 1st print, paid cover or less for all of them. im just waiting for cgc to put 1st app on label before submitting. raws have been selling for 60-75 so a real 9.8 today would probably get 300 maybe more with hype

Dang, nice group I need to get mine sold before your 27 get out lol! I'm considering getting my hands on a few more right now, but I don't know if it will be worth it or not. Part of the gamble lol. 

Edit: Do you think any of the others will go up? Like #2 #3 #4 etc?

Or even the 2nd printing or other printings of #1? or the variant?

Edited by jfree580

1 minute ago, jfree580 said:

Dang, nice group I need to get mine sold before your 27 get out lol! I'm considering getting my hands on a few more right now, but I don't know if it will be worth it or not. Part of the gamble lol. 

i wont be selling anytime soon, bendis and some DC higher ups have said they have big plans and hope for her. im long holding. 

21 minutes ago, jfree580 said:

Curious, thanks!

Shilled. Easy to spot. With 5 days left, it was a dumb move

1 hour ago, williamblood said:

i wont be selling anytime soon, bendis and some DC higher ups have said they have big plans and hope for her. im long holding. 

Maybe I will have to look into that myself. I haven't read too much, other than AC 1002 wasn't her first appearance. I guess I'll have to do some more research first then. Thank you for that information.

1 hour ago, Second Blight said:

Shilled. Easy to spot. With 5 days left, it was a dumb move

Yea, I was thinking typically you would see that later on in the auction. Strange they did it this early. I mean this morning I was showing my girlfriend it was like $127.00, a few hours later $587.00.

Still shocked at the interest in Naomi.  To be clear, I've read it since day 1 and like it.  

Young Justice is pretty bad so far.  Though I like Bendis, it's one of my least favs by him.  Green Lantern character has been lame so far.  My favorite part is the cow-lady and her role has been minimal at times. 

Why Exiles #3?  Which series: 1, 2, or 3?

Patrick