• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, jcjames said:

No picture embodies chasing modern comic specs better than this. Except the last guy's hands don't look like they're scorched when the flame vanishes. 

I agree this vid is pretty much the current comic market in a nut shell except the time from hot to not is quite a bit faster then shown here.

47 minutes ago, World Devourer said:

I still don't know who Naomi is. Boy, I'll buy one of those scorecards! And some popcorn!

It's Bendis writing a young-female-of-color character in a world of w****-***e superheroes.

What else is there to know? 

It's supposedly the "the most sincere, inclusive and yes feminist comic" out there. 

Real

15 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Shilled. Easy to spot. With 5 days left, it was a dumb move

Does it seem disingenuous? Yes. Is it shilled? By the current bidding there is no evidence of this.

Top bidder - 48 feedback, 23% of bids with seller.

Under-bidder - 1,003 feedback, 3% of bids with seller.

There are multiple cover A & B's that were listed today by one seller for cheaper than the current auction price. At the time of bidding there were no other 9.8s listed.

14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

The odds are pretty high that it might be.

Agreed, but there is no actual evidence of it.

It would be like saying, oh I don't know, that same character appears on another earlier cover only to be told by the writer and artist that isn't true.

14 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Still shocked at the interest in Naomi.  To be clear, I've read it since day 1 and like it.  

Young Justice is pretty bad so far.  Though I like Bendis, it's one of my least favs by him.  Green Lantern character has been lame so far.  My favorite part is the cow-lady and her role has been minimal at times. 

Why Exiles #3?  Which series: 1, 2, or 3?

Patrick

New Exiles series.  Has Peggy Carter as Captain America.  Supposedly the first What If cartoon story on disney+ when service comes out.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I just like naomi in general because it doesn't involve variants for the most part and the print run is low. I compare it to TAH 21. 

I feel for anyone paying big money for that action comics cover claiming that's her. 

rumor is print run for issue 5 might hit 40-50k, where issue 3 had maybe 13k. also DC is considering opening naomi to store variants for issues 5 and 6

59 minutes ago, williamblood said:

rumor is print run for issue 5 might hit 40-50k, where issue 3 had maybe 13k. also DC is considering opening naomi to store variants for issues 5 and 6

If my eyes roll back any further in my head I'm afraid I'm gonna have an orgasm 

4 hours ago, williamblood said:
5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I just like naomi in general because it doesn't involve variants for the most part and the print run is low. I compare it to TAH 21. 

I feel for anyone paying big money for that action comics cover claiming that's her. 

Oh yeah I think that is probably likely. Everyone has jumped on. That should be an indicator to jump off.

Go ahead and let them do variants. My money is not in issue 5. Let them print the hell out of it and let the "lemmings" buy the store variants.
I get all the emails from those places I can sit back and watch. 

Edited by fastballspecial

11 hours ago, jcjames said:

It's Bendis writing a young-female-of-color character in a world of w****-***e superheroes.

What else is there to know? 

It's supposedly the "the most sincere, inclusive and yes feminist comic" out there. 

Real

That's it? 

Pardon my reaction but...and?

a) Bendis has never been a great writer

b) There have been African-American heroes before. Were there variant covers of Flash #134 when Jakeem Williams (later Thunder) first appeared?

What about Marvel's Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel - Amazing Spider-Man Annual #16), Mexican Bonita Juarez (Firebird - Hulk #265) or Native American John Proudfoot (Thunderbird - Giant-Size X-Men #1)?  Variant covers?

In the words of the late, great Stan Lee, the most significant appearance of a non-white hero was in fact the Falcon, and history was made when the character shared the title with icon Captain America, in Captain America and the Falcon #134.

Needless to say, there were no variant covers of that issue.

Nuff' said.

Edited by World Devourer

14 hours ago, World Devourer said:

That's it? 

Pardon my reaction but...and?

a) Bendis has never been a great writer

b) There have been African-American heroes before. Were there variant covers of Flash #134 when Jakeem Williams (later Thunder) first appeared?

What about Marvel's Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel - Amazing Spider-Man Annual #16), Mexican Bonita Juarez (Firebird - Hulk #265) or Native American John Proudfoot (Thunderbird - Giant-Size X-Men #1)?  Variant covers?

In the words of the late, great Stan Lee, the most significant appearance of a non-white hero was in fact the Falcon, and history was made when the character shared the title with icon Captain America, in Captain America and the Falcon #134.

Needless to say, there were no variant covers of that issue.

Nuff' said.

Ummm.....ok