• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Been to a few shops the last few weeks.

Detective 1000 every decade can still be had on the rack for cover.
Don't let anyone kid you even the early decades I can still buy.
The Ross cover seems to be only one worth looking into.

Naomi is a monster. Local shops have now sold out of 3 and 4 back to back.
Issue 1 and 2 sat on the racks for a few weeks before it caught fire I know
I bought several. Great thing about Naomi is this. Low Print Run, No Variants
and many of the normal Spec sites just plain missed the book at first. Hey guys
remember this a low print book without variants sells just as well. Really don't 
care about issues 5 and 6 except for a set. Remember when everyone else is 
getting in it maybe time to drop out.

My local shops price their variants too high so they just sit.

Young Avengers I cant find locally anymore. The first 12 issues have just 
disappeared. Sales on line indicate even issues like 2,4,10,11 are jumping
including 1 and 12.

All Eternals books from the 70s are gone. Of course I bought quite a few
myself, but shops are reselling copies coming in just as fast currently.
Eternals 3 has now taken the lead for the chase book currently, but later
issues like 11,13, and 14-15 are selling well now too.

Thanos 13 even in lenticular is doing well now. If you bought them cover or 
less great job. I only bought a few.....

You can get a variant copy of DCeased anywhere. Bet you can get a copy much
cheaper in a few weeks after it comes out. I am looking forward to reading a 
set, but no way am I buying for resale due to the oversaturation of the book.

Die continues to sell well thru all prints currently. I look for the price of 4th print
to come down though with a 5th printing.

Wish I would have bought more of Thor 390 when I thought it was a keeper.

Power pack 1 is an easy $10-20 flip now in decent grade.

Exiles 3 is a $10 book currently or more

Hack and Slash seems to have a resurgence lately in sales.

Sold a couple of EW4 and even Bloodshot 1 is selling somewhat.
Can Vin Diesel make it a household name? Don't care I am sold out.
Valiant love on this board oversells these books.

What if 108 always a fun read and a very nice sale in high grade.

Deadly Class 1 still a $30-40 book currently.

Stars and STRIPES 0 $30-50 book in high grade. Not the easiest book
to find either. I went years without finding a copy.

Any Spawn newsstand in high grade sells well. Any issue. 

And lastly keep in mind that the market is still predominantly raw. 
We are the exception not the norm. Many here think the opposite sometimes
it can really lead to huge financial mistakes if you don't do your own research.

Relying on other spec sites and apps will end the end hurt you. Remember they 
are there for their own financial interest not yours.

The What If books tend to rise and fall regularly.  Always recommend grabbing when they are on the low.  What 104 is one of those and is doing well enough now.  Love the cover. 

I largely agree on Naomi 5/6.  Still seems like there are some not in the know and the story in issue 4 moved in the right direction.  Might be a little more room, but not for long. 

Glad the lenticular Thanos 13 is getting a bit of heat.  Price disparity always seemed a bit ridiculous to me. 

Patrick

32 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I have no conflict of interest in listing all this information I do it for free. 

Those sites rely on others to tell them information so they can then broadcast it to their flock.
You are kidding yourself if you think they do it themselves.

The difference being is their financial interest is vested upon the fact that they grow their flock.
You think they bring out all that information for your own interest?

I know that above sounds all negative, but honestly its not. I have nothing against them.
I just don't try to make them anything, but what they are. I site vested on the fact that they are 
there to monetize the site to make money. 

Posting on the CGC boards :roflmao:

42 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I have no conflict of interest in listing all this information I do it for free. 

Those sites rely on others to tell them information so they can then broadcast it to their flock.
You are kidding yourself if you think they do it themselves.

The difference being is their financial interest is vested upon the fact that they grow their flock.
You think they bring out all that information for your own interest?

I know that above sounds all negative, but honestly its not. I have nothing against them.
I just don't try to make them anything, but what they are. I site vested on the fact that they are 
there to monetize the site to make money. 

Posting on the CGC boards :roflmao:

That's all you got from that? I post regularly on at least 4 or 5 different boards just like it.

Either produce a valid discussion or go away. Ridiculing me doesn't change anything
of the information I provided it only shows you have nothing in rebuttal. 

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

The What If books tend to rise and fall regularly.  Always recommend grabbing when they are on the low.  What 104 is one of those and is doing well enough now.  Love the cover. 

I largely agree on Naomi 5/6.  Still seems like there are some not in the know and the story in issue 4 moved in the right direction.  Might be a little more room, but not for long. 

Glad the lenticular Thanos 13 is getting a bit of heat.  Price disparity always seemed a bit ridiculous to me. 

Patrick

issue 5 will have print run of 40-50k. 3 times issue 2 and 3. but 50k still is low for a longterm hold. if she get her powers and hero name it will be a future key if character sticks

29 minutes ago, williamblood said:

issue 5 will have print run of 40-50k. 3 times issue 2 and 3. but 50k still is low for a longterm hold. if she get her powers and hero name it will be a future key if character sticks

Is DC releasing print run information these days...?

8 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

That's all you got from that? I post regularly on at least 4 or 5 different boards just like it.

Either produce a valid discussion or go away. Ridiculing me doesn't change anything
of the information I provided it only shows you have nothing in rebuttal. 

You continually post misinformation that makes it seem as all speculation and market trend sites and groups are bad and only out for themselves. If you can't handle the heat then don't post that information. It's largely irrelevant to the rest of the information you post.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

You continually post misinformation that makes it seem as all speculation and market trend sites and groups are bad and only out for themselves. If you can't handle the heat then don't post that information. It's largely irrelevant to the rest of the information you post.

You’ve got to admit, his timing is pretty good, what with this week’s Action 1002/Naomi fiasco, perpetuated by Key Collector Comics.

What horse are you backing?  You seem to take offense to any comment calling out these sites.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Whats the misinformation? Those sites have a financial stake in the investment of the site and to monotonize it. 
I am not talking about small Facebook groups I belong to several of those as well.

Does the site charge money for services? Do they promote books
that sellers are selling that advertise within their site? Do they charge those sellers or will they in the future? Do
they charge for their services? Those are pretty basic questions. And before your say sure CGC is one of them.

I don't hate the sites I use them just like you. The difference is I harbor no disbelief that the sites don't have a conflict
of interest when listing or discussing some books. There have been repeated examples. To think otherwise is just naïve.  
We can continue to discuss this, but if you are looking from some ax that I have to grind there isn't one. I just don't
believe for one minute they are there to benefit me as the user as their business plan.

Edited by fastballspecial

Thor 390 has skyrocketed today.

West Coast Avengers 10 new series doing very well

Spawn issues are just selling like hot cakes 174,175,199,215,22,248,240 and so on

Naomi 1 hit $100 today at least once.
ASM 12 Granov Variant repeat sales for $10-15

Action 1006 multiple sales last few days

AG Captain Marvel Walmart Variant $15-20 book

Spider-Gwen 25 sells well either cover

Several Marvel Omnibuses sell very very well if you can find them.

Kravens Last Hunt sales have sky rocketed.

13 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Several Marvel Omnibuses sell very very well if you can find them.

I, for one, love your updates... but this one might benefit from a little more, um, specificity.

i need all the help I can get sometimes.

7 hours ago, Brock said:

I, for one, love your updates... but this one might benefit from a little more, um, specificity.

i need all the help I can get sometimes.

annihilation, x-men vol 1, Uncanny vol. 2 3, X-men by Claremont and Lee Vol 1 2, Uncanny X-force, Infinity Gauntlet, Inferno, Fall of the mutants.  Their is a lot more but I only collect the x-men ones mostly.  Plus the fact that you get them for 40% off mostly, I doubt most people are paying near retail for them.

39 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Seems that another comic has named dropped Naomi with a corresponding price jump -Blackest Night #7. I don't see any connection. Can someone enlighten (pun intended) us as to why?

Blackest Night #7 is the 1st White Lantern. Some are suggesting a Naomi connection via that route. Your mileage may vary.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:34 AM, 500Club said:

You’ve got to admit, his timing is pretty good, what with this week’s Action 1002/Naomi fiasco, perpetuated by Key Collector Comics.

What horse are you backing?  You seem to take offense to any comment calling out these sites.

I understand that was probably what his post was about, but it was not mentioned. Why not call it out if that was it?

Yes, I've made some great friends from other sites/groups. It's more of a community and people don't hide behind an avatar. In all my years on here I've only ever met one person from this board.

On 4/20/2019 at 12:24 PM, fastballspecial said:

Whats the misinformation? Those sites have a financial stake in the investment of the site and to monotonize it. 
I am not talking about small Facebook groups I belong to several of those as well.

Does the site charge money for services? Do they promote books
that sellers are selling that advertise within their site? Do they charge those sellers or will they in the future? Do
they charge for their services? Those are pretty basic questions. And before your say sure CGC is one of them.

I don't hate the sites I use them just like you. The difference is I harbor no disbelief that the sites don't have a conflict
of interest when listing or discussing some books. There have been repeated examples. To think otherwise is just naïve.  
We can continue to discuss this, but if you are looking from some ax that I have to grind there isn't one. I just don't
believe for one minute they are there to benefit me as the user as their business plan.

If you are talking about Key Collect then say that. If you are talking about the former G+ groups or Facebook, no, they do not have any financial interest. If they have a website they have to put out good information to get the clicks they want to monetize it. If they don't put out good info. people will stop visiting them.

How are you supposed to discuss market changes without being accused of impropriety?

33 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I understand that was probably what his post was about, but it was not mentioned. Why not call it out if that was it?

Yes, I've made some great friends from other sites/groups. It's more of a community and people don't hide behind an avatar. In all my years on here I've only ever met one person from this board.

You better be talking about me or my feelings are going to be hurt. lol